THINKWARE / INAVI Users, Come In

Picnic06-Biante15

I tried a Sandisk High Endurance video monitoring 64 GB card on a F770 and got a memory card error announcement. Anyone knows what other 64gb card specifically designed for video recording can be used for the F770? Thanks

Over at https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/thinkware.82/ there has been reports of sd cards that were previously working  but stopped working properly after firmware updates. Some are speculating Thinkware is purposely doing that to minimize the problems that come with supporting the varied range of 3rd party sd cards. There are some specific cards reported to be ok but I cannot remember which so you got to check that forum. However, there is no guarantee it will continue working after future firmware updates. For that reason, I bit the bullet and bought the 128GB Thinkware card to go with my F800 Pro. Basically, avoid the TLC Nand Flash as it has lower read/write cycle than the more expensive MLC Nand Flash.

↡ Advertisement

Thank you Bro BengGaBoy, will get one ASAP as the 16GB overwrite very fast.

No prob! I got it on Black friday promotion from Amazon @ USD 28.49!

Now the price is USD 44.75

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073JYC4XM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe you can keep a lookout for any upcoming promotion on boxing day.

I've not tried connecting to portable mobile router yet as I no longer have one since the days telcos discontinued the cheap unlimited data plan. However, I did tried connecting the cam (need to manually add SSID and password) to my home router from the car park which is hit and miss due to weak signals. When it could connect, I was prompted wrong password so I guess it could be cos I'm on dual band. Someone else on https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/f800.235/ did confirmed he needed to disable 5Ghz on his mobile router to get the cam connected. However, he also confirmed the app does not yet support connecting to the cam when it it connected to other than the phone's hotspot so it's useless to try any further for now.

Ya. Guess, we have to wait for the dust to settle.

Sorry to add on, my previous purchase for Samsung U3 128GB microSD still at black friday price (USD 36.99).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWZWYVP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought that for my Sony RX100 V 4K/30fps recording and it should be workable for F800 pro which is only FullHD.

I updated my F800 Pro twice via phone and both times, settings remained intact. But there are reports by some they faced the same issue as you over at https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/f800.235/

The full cloud features are not yet available e.g. remote parking impact notification and live view so I believe in order not to confuse owners for now, the WiFi is switched off during parking mode until new firmware that supports these features are release. So I'm afraid there is no workaround for now. They sure are taking long to implement it.

I stand corrected. As I don't drive often enough, after BengGaBoy posted that the settings were resetted, I realised there was no prompt when I entered my car today. So I just went back to my car to check indeed, parking mode among other settings were disabled or changed.

Just re-read the change log and indeed it was mentioned:

What's New?

- Changed step for agree terms of using cloud service
- Corrected some minor issues
c.f) Setting will be initialized once updating the firmware

No prob! I got it on Black friday promotion from Amazon @ USD 28.49!

Now the price is USD 44.75

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073JYC4XM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe you can keep a lookout for any upcoming promotion on boxing day.

Ya. Guess, we have to wait for the dust to settle.

Sorry to add on, my previous purchase for Samsung U3 128GB microSD still at black friday price (USD 36.99).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWZWYVP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought that for my Sony RX100 V 4K/30fps recording and it should be workable for F800 pro which is only FullHD.

It seems that Thinkware is very sensitive in the choice of SD card, the installer told me that many cards don't work. I blur blur bought a 64GB Sandisk high endurance SD card specially designed for video recording and it didn't work.

Also, it's safer to buy cards sold directly by Amazon rather than third parties as there're many fakes sold on Amazon.

Anyone can advise whether thinkware cam can be disable/stop/off (whatever you wan to call it) during parking?

I intend to throw my iroad V7into the rubbish bin as it is depleting my battery. I did set the cut off voltage but still won't do. Batt only 2 months plus old..

Sigh pls advise. I don't need parking mode. Office pte lot. Home regular lot. So I just want one that start recording when on engine. Off when stop engine. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kopites

Anyone can advise whether thinkware cam can be disable/stop/off (whatever you wan to call it) during parking?

I intend to throw my iroad V7into the rubbish bin as it is depleting my battery. I did set the cut off voltage but still won't do. Batt only 2 months plus old..

Sigh pls advise. I don't need parking mode. Office pte lot. Home regular lot. So I just want one that start recording when on engine. Off when stop engine. Thanks in advance.

Be default Thinkware F800 pro disable parking mode which will only start recording when you start the engine.

Of course, through the app, you can change the settings to enable parking mode back. Even in this mode, you always have the choice to turn off the unit completely since they do have an ON/OFF button on the unit.

Alternatively, you can use an external battery (e.g. BAB-100 or Cellink) to prevent dashcam from depleting your car battery.

Be default Thinkware F800 pro disable parking mode which will only start recording when you start the engine.

Of course, through the app, you can change the settings to enable parking mode back. Even in this mode, you always have the choice to turn off the unit completely since they do have an ON/OFF button on the unit.

Alternatively, you can use an external battery (e.g. BAB-100 or Cellink) to prevent dashcam from depleting your car battery.

Thanks. I will go source around for cheap deal. Don't need high tech. Just record when driving and stop when park. Sigh...

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

i'm a F750 user and recently my phone unable to detect the wifi from the dashcam . The wifi button is pressed and also the announcement of "wifi enabled" was heard but unable to be detected by my phone at all. 

Hope someone can guide me on this how to solve this issue.

TIA.

Hi all,

i'm a F750 user and recently my phone unable to detect the wifi from the dashcam . The wifi button is pressed and also the announcement of "wifi enabled" was heard but unable to be detected by my phone at all. 

Hope someone can guide me on this how to solve this issue.

TIA.

did someone changed the password of the wifi?

Neutral Newbie

did someone changed the password of the wifi?

Nope . The wifi is not even appearing under the list of detected wifi in my phone. 

Edited by Hawkz02

Nope . The wifi is not even appearing under the list of detected wifi in my phone. 

Hi guys,

I've the F770 and am also experiencing such issues with the wifi for the past week... very frustrating trying to connect with the wifi. No change of pw at all since installation. Tried calling ZMC to book appt to resolve this issue.

Neutral Newbie

try other phone? or reinstall the app?

Tried other phones also but same result.

Hi guys,

I've the F770 and am also experiencing such issues with the wifi for the past week... very frustrating trying to connect with the wifi. No change of pw at all since installation. Tried calling ZMC to book appt to resolve this issue.

Do update me if they able to get the WiFi working again. Thank

Tried other phones also but same result.

Do update me if they able to get the WiFi working again. Thank

Try updating the software ?