Between Hyundai Elantra and Toyota Altis.....

Dechachng

Ask your usual ah beng/ah seng mechanic friend and he/she will tell you Toyota internals are "stronger". They will have seen Korean and Jap makes for maintenance/overhauls...they will know best.

ie reliability / longevity is there for Toyota.

Koreans are solid and they really have caught up, so if you have the spare cash, and can afford to change after 3-4 years, try a Hyundai...it will serve u well initially, after that, we are not so sure.

My 2 cts worth.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Ask your usual ah beng/ah seng mechanic friend and he/she will tell you Toyota internals are "stronger". They will have seen Korean and Jap makes for maintenance/overhauls...they will know best.

Koreans are solid and they really have caught up, so if you have the spare cash, and can afford to change after 3-4 years, try a Hyundai...it will serve u well initially, after that, we are not so sure.

My 2 cts worth.

Nonsense..... Anyway, Japan need people like you to keep them afloat...keep it up.. [:p]

Elantra has more features and more aggressive styling, but i would take the altis for its sheer fuss free performance.

My 2 cts worth.

No problem. You don't overhaul your engine that often right? Even if need overhaul, also not you work the sweat out. I leave it to the mechanics.

blackbv

thks for your reply.

I was stating my views from chats with local mechanics.

Your "nonsense" reply seems a little strong. chill out. I have not bashed Korean cars...in fact, I think they have caught up on the looks and have made some very impressive progress (Re azera/genesis/equus etc)

Why dun u change your Latio to a Hyundai and test out a MIK ride? Might be the best way to find out. Step out of the Jap stronghold ? cheers.

Supersonic

My view : If i am getting a pre-owned definitely i will go for something that 10 out of 10 WS has the "know how" knowledge to do indepth service/repair. [:p]

Turbocharged

blackbv

thks for your reply.

I was stating my views from chats with local mechanics.

Your "nonsense" reply seems a little strong. chill out. I have not bashed Korean cars...in fact, I think they have caught up on the looks and have made some very impressive progress (Re azera/genesis/equus etc)

Why dun u change your Latio to a Hyundai and test out a MIK ride? Might be the best way to find out. Step out of the Jap stronghold ? cheers.

My nonsense is referring to your comment of Korean make is only good for first few years... It can last more than 5 or even 10 .. fyi, when I bought my latio time, my heart with with avante, and Im ready to pay 5k more for it than latio... .. But the super duper light steering on avante was the deal breaker when I test drove it.... Too damn light to my liking...I want road feel... And yes, mark my word, if I'm going to car shopping again, maybe in a couple if years time , it's going to be kimchi, very unlikely jap since they ate going to Thai.. (even Nissan new sylphy from Thai, I tested drive it, not bad but build is not as good as latio..)... If I'm ordering one tomorrow, no brainer, I will book a k3.. period.. [:p]

if put a baby seat at the rear, Elantra or Altis will have more space to accomodate another 2 adults ?

Neutral Newbie

I think Elantra has more space in the back row..pricing wise the elite model is a good $15K cheaper than the Altis classic now..

Altis for sure! Wait for the new model to come in! Elantra's look is very much like the old civic if u take the closer look. Also the interior is also very similar to Ford.

Turbocharged

if put a baby seat at the rear, Elantra or Altis will have more space to accomodate another 2 adults ?

Should be more or less then same.. I know latio can still accommodate 2 small to medium size adult with a child seat at rear.. [:p]

that's what I thought......till I saw 1 last month when I visited KL........it was a M'sian-registered plate starting with 'W', I believed it should be KL then...... [laugh]

but many many out there are the 1.8 L's.........

Boleh land no need COE, 1.6 n 1.8 prices are not far part.So most of the ppl there will take 1.8 instead of 1.6. Same as Elantra there, most otr are 1.8.

Current altis very uncle lei and to me the elantra is sibei ugly. I mean look at the interior [knife]

I hate it when one carmaker uses a concept, everyone else tries to follow. Why can't they copy the 911's interior?

However, the next generation altis is not bad at all. Looks more like an axio which is ok i guess.

↡ Advertisement