Low pressure warning

Twincharged

In Jan this year, my low oil pressure indicator came on. I sent my car for servicing, everything was back to normal.

Today, 5000 plus km later, the low oil pressure indicator came on again. I am sure there is nothing wrong with the oil pressure. What could be the cause? The indicator flickers on and off sometimes, not frequently

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Could it be the sensor of the oil press spoil? Common problem, my fren just replace his sensor total damage cost about 300+. He's using defi..

Twincharged

Could it be the sensor of the oil press spoil? Common problem, my fren just replace his sensor total damage cost about 300+. He's using defi..

300 dollars????

(edited)

To be 100% positive that you lub pump is in order get yr mech to do a oil pressure test - simple as ABC

Low pressure can cause serious damage to the engines moving and rotating components.

post-272-1367394056_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

Neutral Newbie

That's defi.. But if u are using others lower end brand of cause it will be cheaper..

As defi is one of the top notch gauges..

That's defi.. But if u are using others lower end brand of cause it will be cheaper..

As defi is one of the top notch gauges..

I think TS is talking about the OEM oil pressure sensor.

1st Gear

dun jump to conclusion first.this one could be big on $$ or only small simple solution.

Oil level normal

If oil level is ok sometimes yr oil too thin. Either u using too thin oil or it thins too much till cannot reach required oil pressure.

If u using a thin oil like 20-30weight oil....try using 40-50 weight n see how.

Also use good quality oil not some new or unknown brands. Some lousy oil thins very fast.