Authorised Dealers no longer offering manual options??

Zxcvb

Turbocharged

i thought Vios used to have? :blink:

Nope. No more. The toyota thai factory still churning out manual altis and vios (even the newly launched one have manual option), but borneo motors not bringing in. Hyundai also no longer bringing in manual tranny, no manual Veloster Turbo. [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Im driving a manual 6-speeder now...nothing beats the feeling of entering a corner and using heel-toe to down shift..

Power wise and throttle response in manual and auto (with torque converter) is a big difference..

Yes....Im a sucker for manual cars...

Edited by Ooosh
  • Praise 1

Nope. No more. The toyota thai factory still churning out manual altis and vios (even the newly launched one have manual option), but borneo motors not bringing in. Hyundai also no longer bringing in manual tranny, no manual Veloster Turbo. [thumbsdown]

aiyoh.. sigh.. the Veloster Manual confirm should be fun to drive..

Im driving a manual 6-speeder now...nothing beats the feeling of entering a corner and using heel-toe to down shift..

Power wise and throttle response in manual and auto (with torque converter) is a big difference..

Yes....Im a sucker for manual cars...

I intend to rent a manual car one day.. scared later lose touch.. :ph34r:

Turbocharged

Not too long ago, every base model car will have a manual option - civic, jazz, vios, impreza, forte, focus, sunny, swift, getz, mazda2. RIP.

Not too long ago, every base model car will have a manual option - civic, jazz, vios, impreza, forte, focus, sunny, swift, getz, mazda2. RIP.

think swift and getz n veloster still hv la

Turbocharged

think swift and getz n veloster still hv la

Only Swift Sports have. Normal swift manual taken out liao.

Jialat, they should just phase out the manual tranny driving school lah. I also wonder where do driving schools gonna tender for their next new manual car batch. I already checked, the only base model available now by AD is the Nissan Almera.

Only Swift Sports have. Normal swift manual taken out liao.

Jialat, they should just phase out the manual tranny driving school lah. I also wonder where do driving schools gonna tender for their next new manual car batch. I already checked, the only base model available now by AD is the Nissan Almera.

u chked peugeot? Fiat?

Twincharged

Nissan Almera & Fairlady 370Z got manual...

370z manual very fun,got a system that match the engine speed when you downshift.

Yeh, it's a pity. Otherwise it would be fun. After swapping from a ride in the 90s to one in '09. Clutch on modern cars are so effortless! Tested the Swift Sport, the clutch is so light! 6 Speed manual, sure is fun to drive, especially if it is a family car like Kia Forte and Hyundai Elantra, but too bad, local dealers aren't interested in making them an option.

Am in car servicing industry, manual transmission are far more durable than auto car. The reason is simplicity in a manual design. Just look at VW voluntary recall of 7 speed dsg (good for them). A reasonably service manual gearbox could last easily for 350k-450k.

That said never believe in sale talk of auto gearbox without the need to change ATF. Infact it is one of the most overlook aspect of servicing. With more integration of electronics of gear shifting, one can only depend on AD to service these machine, making the AD maximizing secondary profit in service industry.

(edited)

Right, a manual gearbox is the most durable because of its simplicity. Auto these days have got features like, switch to neutral when accelerator is lifted off or when the brake is pressed, this is to save fuel. In fact, all these can be done with a manual gearbox. Further more, manual gearbox can be controlled to crawling speed, which is to me, the ultimate custom fit driving. This is especially true when parking or reversing on a gradual slope. Any auto I believed couldn't be able to do that, because it lacks of a clutch to control the throttle input.

VW will be a much more engaging drive if AD bring in the Manual version, that will at least prove to be a more reliable choice. It doesn't have to have the lightning quick shifts or slightly better FC of the manual. I guess many fear and step away from VW is because of its unreliable DSG...

Edited by Heartbreakid

Supersonic

This is especially true when parking or reversing on a gradual slope. Any auto I believed couldn't be able to do that, because it lacks of a clutch to control the throttle input.

Quite a few auto cars come wif hill start assist nowadays. It won't roll backwards on a slope.

Quite a few auto cars come wif hill start assist nowadays. It won't roll backwards on a slope.

eh go sleep lah....u old man need to sleep by 7pm [:/]

Turbocharged

VW will be a much more engaging drive if AD bring in the Manual version, that will at least prove to be a more reliable choice. It doesn't have to have the lightning quick shifts or slightly better FC of the manual. I guess many fear and step away from VW is because of its unreliable DSG...

VW brought in a Scirocco R manual before, but cannot sell.

People talk only. When come to actual buying nobody take action. [knife]

Supersonic

eh go sleep lah....u old man need to sleep by 7pm [:/]

Now that darkness is upon us, how cum u still on mcf? Ur LCK kakis neber jio u ah?

↡ Advertisement