Authorised Dealers no longer offering manual options??

Zxcvb

(edited)

manual only..

anyway, if AD only bring in auto and insist on not indenting, buy auto and convert...

plenty of spare parts for manual overseas

Edited by Mllcg
↡ Advertisement

Just an update.

No longer offered manual option = civic, vios, jazz, impreza, lancer, forte, focus, sunny, getz, mazda2

Still offering manual option = chevrolet cruze, proton preve, proton saga, nissan almera, swift, march,

Sporty ride with manual option = opel astra opc, peugeot 308 gti, renault megane rs, focus st, fiat bravo, citroen ds3, citroen ds4, honda crz, swift sports, mitsuoka himiko, rx8, evo, subaru brz, toyota 86, 370Z, lotus elise.

The 1 and only AD offering all their models only in manual (no auto option) = Chery. [laugh]

U left out peugeot RCZ available in 6MT with wifi features too..the spoiler can switch from your dashboard on / off one :wub:

I drove a manual Ford Focus for many years (in the UK) ... brilliant drive! I had a friend come over to UK looking for an auto car for his wife to drive for 1 year whilst they were living there ... out of approx 120 used cars ... there were only 3 cars which was auto! A Merc / Mondeo / Opel Astra!

Since coming back to Singapore, I have been driving an auto. I will be heading back to UK for a short holiday and will be needing a car to drive. How easy do you guys think it will be for me to drive a manual? I really want to get a manual ...

(edited)

I drove a manual Ford Focus for many years (in the UK) ... brilliant drive! I had a friend come over to UK looking for an auto car for his wife to drive for 1 year whilst they were living there ... out of approx 120 used cars ... there were only 3 cars which was auto! A Merc / Mondeo / Opel Astra!

Since coming back to Singapore, I have been driving an auto. I will be heading back to UK for a short holiday and will be needing a car to drive. How easy do you guys think it will be for me to drive a manual? I really want to get a manual ...

Just like riding bicycle, once you mastered you can handle it almost immediately even if you have NOT ridden for years. :D

I actually feel auto car more difficult to handle than manual.

Edited by Kangadrool

Supersonic

Just like riding bicycle, once you mastered you can handle it almost immediately even if you have NOT ridden for years. :D

I actually feel auto car more difficult to handle than manual.

Agreed - just like riding a bicycle - you can handle it if you've done it before. I stopped driving a manual for about 13 years. My last manual car was sold off in 2000 and I just got one recently. Ok, first week stalled it a couple of times but now, no problem and really enjoy driving a manual. Just managed to convince my wife that she should try it too.

OK! Thanks! Now time to source for a nice manual to rent (able to sit 4 with luggage and wife's shopping!!) maybe a VW Passat CC or a Opel Insignia ... [rolleyes]

Turbocharged

For auto transmission, while 4 or 5 speed are considered old school, they are less complicated.

If gearbox kaput, can get a recond unit for as low as $3k.

Am in car servicing industry, manual transmission are far more durable than auto car. The reason is simplicity in a manual design. Just look at VW voluntary recall of 7 speed dsg (good for them). A reasonably service manual gearbox could last easily for 350k-450k.

That said never believe in sale talk of auto gearbox without the need to change ATF. Infact it is one of the most overlook aspect of servicing. With more integration of electronics of gear shifting, one can only depend on AD to service these machine, making the AD maximizing secondary profit in service industry.

Modern Autobox are no more slower than the manual,they 'lock-up' very fast...no more those 'slipping effect' of the older ones...

Even DCTs lose out in transmission efficiency to manuals. But in real world conditions, the smart alec TCU shifts at more optimal points than most gila drivers so it results in a better real world fuel consumption. I mean, most non-enthusiast drivers shift manual gears REALLY HORRIBLE! I remember last time when my parents drove manuals, they can lug the car in 3rd gear at 15kph or over-rev in 2nd at 40kph for long stretches..... arrrrghhh!!!

As for traditional torque convertor boxes, even with lock up, they are still slower (less efficient) than a good old synchromesh manual. Even during lock-up, the autobox still needs to stir the transmission fluid round the TC and planetary gearset. All that extra stirring of the vicious fluid round can cause quite a few tens of hp loss in higher powered applications.

I mean, I agree with your point, the modern (esp the european makes) autoboxes feel much 'tighter' due to the lower stall speeds and more lock up but even the best autobox still needs to stir more liquid around in lock up compared to a manual and that still causes quite some loss in power. As for the old school 4/5 spd Japanese autoboxes still selling, arrrghhh. Really super rubber band.

Supercharged

yeah... i was also disappointed when i enquire about the Cruize and they say no more manual.

sian half~!

still have. I checked for Cayman, can bring in

knn, no manual, might as well say handicap....ccb

[laugh] got so yiam tiong or not? [laugh]

Supercharged

'Generator', on 02 May 2013 - 3:34 PM, said:snapback.png

manual is for old fashion people...

now its all auto or twin clutch.

who will still want pure manual??????

Real man laugh.giflaugh.gif

give that man a tiger~!

post-66718-0-33799300-1400478989.jpg

Turbocharged

I know one ride sure manual one

Lori [grin]

Nowadays more and more commercial vehicles are switching over to AT liao hor..

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Then, in the future, no one take the driving licence with manual transmission for car..

Everything is taking auto transmission course.. biggrin.gif

oh dear gawd... no more transmission course?!?

then all the drivers in future (if this really happen) can only drive locally?!?

Our sons are going to have LAZY left legs~!

post-66718-0-69054300-1400479215_thumb.jpg

Going to try and keep driving a manual for as long as possible, its a dying art to make use of your left hand and left leg while driving [laugh]

Supercharged

toyota 86 and subaru brz has manual...but like some bros mention, when it comes to actual purchase...nobody wants it!!

not B&B lah.

you got see the bloody boot or not? so blardy small, cannot even put my kids' ride in it. <_<

Going to try and keep driving a manual for as long as possible, its a dying art to make use of your left hand and left leg while driving [laugh]

tell me abt it man. When I was driving the manual, my reflexes in ttenis was better than when i drove the auto. Really felt that all the limbs were more engaged....i miss my manual.

looking fwd, may just get a COE manual car, for keeps.

↡ Advertisement