Car stall at traffic light.

hi guys.

recently my nissan sunny been giving me a little problem.

car stall at traffic light intermittenly. sent to the workshop but found no problems.

car batt is new. just changed last month.

any ideas?

thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Similar thing I encounter...

Friend Hyundai Tuscon died after stopping at traffic light and refuse to start after that. Turn out problem was a faulty O2 sensor. Car was 6 years old.

Another one serious a bit one...

Another friend driving the 2.4 Camry who experience occasionally engine failure at traffic lights managed to restart after a while. Inform Boneo Motor during servicing but they cannot detect the problem. Around 3 years mark...the engine died again after the car came to a stop and could not be re-started...tow to BM and they found out that the piston has rusted. (after that is a long story of my friend vs BM with lawyer letters flying here and there cos the repair was a huge amount)

Another thing is that if you change your battery and the problem seems to go away...check if your alternator is working or not.

Edited by Ghostrider

Friend Hyundai Tuscon died after stopping at traffic light and refuse to start after that. Turn out problem was a faulty O2 sensor. Car was 6 years old.

Another friend driving the 2.4 Camry who experience occasionally engine failure at traffic lights managed to restart after a while. Inform Boneo Motor during servicing but they cannot detect the problem. Around 3 years mark...the engine died again after the car came to a stop and could not be re-started...tow to BM and they found out that the piston has rusted. (after that is a long story of my friend vs BM with lawyer letters flying here and there cos the repair was a huge amount)

Another thing is that if you change your battery and the problem seems to go away...check if your alternator is working or not.

Piston rusty? Was e car laid up fr a long time?

hi guys.

recently my nissan sunny been giving me a little problem.

car stall at traffic light intermittenly. sent to the workshop but found no problems.

car batt is new. just changed last month.

any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Yr car sud b either electrical or fuel supply problem.

Start fm there.

wah. piston rust? never do servicing?

any idea how much a sensor would cost?

Turbocharged

yeah. i observed the idling low.

thorttle spoil? or dirty?

maybe throttlebody dirty.. but send to tan chong service better bec Nissan Throttlebody dont anyhow touch.

wah. piston rust? never do servicing?

any idea how much a sensor would cost?

You say no do servicing...then you think why he sue BM ?

The car from day 1 he send to BM for servicing and follow the recommended schedule...car is totally stock...fark...even rims also never change and tyre also go back to BM to change.

Piston rusty? Was e car laid up fr a long time?

Car was used daily. The ending of the story is that BM say out of goodwill replace the engine for him. Also dunno how can piston rust...my RC car never play for 1 year piston also never jam !! hahahahhahaha

Car was used daily. The ending of the story is that BM say out of goodwill replace the engine for him. Also dunno how can piston rust...my RC car never play for 1 year piston also never jam !! hahahahhahaha

This epithet "out of goodwill has been grossly misused in recent times.

Turbocharged

if the alternator konks out, the car will have no power at all right?

I think the engine also cannibalised from the scrap yard. [laugh]

Cos I saw they using VVTi engine at kelong to lift up their fish nets. [laugh] With attached gearbox!!!

1st Gear

The alternator could be failing and not totally gone yet. If its a failing alternator, then you will likely also see un stable RPM during idle and also lights (internal and headlights) to go from bright to dim and so on so forth....

TS just change battery...so that will last for a while...ie while operating the vehicle, all the electrical juice is from the battery and not from alternator (if alternator kaput already)

I was using those deep discharge hi capacity battery before...damn alternator was gone and yet the battery managed to power the car for at least a month...my guess was around 3 months.

This epithet "out of goodwill has been grossly misused in recent times.

Out of goodwill sounds better that "not admitting to liability" mah...

You say no do servicing...then you think why he sue BM ?

The car from day 1 he send to BM for servicing and follow the recommended schedule...car is totally stock...fark...even rims also never change and tyre also go back to BM to change.

WOW.. tyres also change from there.. [knife][knife]

↡ Advertisement