RAV4 vs Forester vs CX 5 vs CR-V

Bismarck

Neutral Newbie

Went for a few test driving last week. decided and booked my forester XT. Tried Kia, under power and too ex for Korean car. CX-5 my 1st choice but not enough leg rooms, you can feel a bit squeegee at the back (I really like the sporty look). Then I move on to forester ( not even on my list), impressed my by it's power, and the leg room is what I'm looking for. FC is not really that ideal (anyway I'm travelling from pt A to pt B, so it's ok for me.).

Advice: go for the XT, the standard mode is very disappointing.

↡ Advertisement

Went for a few test driving last week. decided and booked my forester XT. Tried Kia, under power and too ex for Korean car. CX-5 my 1st choice but not enough leg rooms, you can feel a bit squeegee at the back (I really like the sporty look). Then I move on to forester ( not even on my list), impressed my by it's power, and the leg room is what I'm looking for. FC is not really that ideal (anyway I'm travelling from pt A to pt B, so it's ok for me.).

I bought my Forester 2.0XT in June 2013. It's true that it's a good car in many aspects esp. the power and spaciousness, but as you mentioned there's one significant flaw - the FC sucks. I've been doing very regular and precise measurements of the FC since my purchase, and I can tell you that for an average driver like me (going from point A to B, no jamming of brakes, no sudden acceleration etc), and using 95 petrol, the FC is about 7.5 km/litre. I'm still trying to get used to having to pump petrol almost on weekly basis, and each time about $120.

So as they say, "let the buyer beware".....

I bought my Forester 2.0XT in June 2013. It's true that it's a good car in many aspects esp. the power and spaciousness, but as you mentioned there's one significant flaw - the FC sucks. I've been doing very regular and precise measurements of the FC since my purchase, and I can tell you that for an average driver like me (going from point A to B, no jamming of brakes, no sudden acceleration etc), and using 95 petrol, the FC is about 7.5 km/litre. I'm still trying to get used to having to pump petrol almost on weekly basis, and each time about $120.

My 2.0 XT Average FC about 10km/l, normal daily pt A to pt B driving,

Using 98 petrol, most time driving in 'I' mode, 'S' or 'S#' mode impressive performance, a bit turbo lag while quick acceleration

My 2.0 XT Average FC about 10km/l, normal daily pt A to pt B driving,

Using 98 petrol, most time driving in 'I' mode, 'S' or 'S#' mode impressive performance, a bit turbo lag while quick acceleration

10km/L is impressive indeed. But could I know how you do the measurement of the FC?

By the way, I use "I" mode only, because I know that "S" or "S#" mode will worsen the FC.

Holy shit... This is worst than my current Airtrek Turbo R which is getting approx. 10km/l base on 5sp auto. I believe with the XT CVT gearbox I should be able to get even more. BTW, I am taking delivery of my new XT next week.

• Praise 1

10km/L is impressive indeed. But could I know how you do the measurement of the FC?

By the way, I use "I" mode only, because I know that "S" or "S#" mode will worsen the FC.

FC=mileage (km)/filled petrol (L),

every time let the fuel pump auto stop

FC=mileage (km)/filled petrol (L),

every time let the fuel pump auto stop

OK, then we are using the exact same method to measure FC, esp. insisting the pump attendant to "auto stop" :-)

The weird thing is that my FC has been around 8km/L from June 2013 to about Apr 2014, then suddenly the FC just dived. There is no special mod, no change in driving patterns, no change in petrol type etc. I had NEVER been able to achieve 9km/L, not to mention 10km/L like you. The "best" was 8.6 (yes, I keep detailed records).

Maybe I should try 98 fuel instead.....

RAV4 vs Forester vs CX5 vs CRV vs SantaFe vs XTrail vs Harrier

Edited by Xover

RAV4 vs Forester vs CX5 vs CRV vs SantaFe vs XTrail vs Harrier vs XC60 vs FL2 vs Q3 vs X3 vs Soranto vs RX270 vs Tiguan vs ......

RAV4 vs Forester vs CX5 vs CRV vs SantaFe vs XTrail vs Harrier vs XC60 vs FL2 vs Q3 vs X3 vs Soranto vs RX270 vs Tiguan vs ......

the first post said leave the conti out [:p]

Edited by Xover

CRV for space, CX-5 for look and harrier for me

Yup the Harrier looks so Gooda :wub:

Latest two are Xtrail vs Harrier

Xtrail - according to ------, it would be one of the most advanced car on the roads...

http://www.------.com/news/8152/muscular-modern-and-all-new-nissan-x-trail-revealed

but it is not here yet [sleeping]

Harrier - the instrument panel is in japanese! <_<

and need I be more careful when buying from PI?

the good thing is they have a wide range of options

so getting the basic model seems good

I think of it this way - every $1k they add on to the omv

we are not paying $1k more but $2.4k more (issit right?)

so i rather have the basic and add all my stuff here locally [grin]

• Praise 1

Yup the Harrier looks so Gooda :wub:

Latest two are Xtrail vs Harrier

Xtrail - according to ------, it would be one of the most advanced car on the roads...

http://www.------.com/news/8152/muscular-modern-and-all-new-nissan-x-trail-revealed

but it is not here yet [sleeping]

Harrier - the instrument panel is in japanese! <_<

and need I be more careful when buying from PI?

the good thing is they have a wide range of options

so getting the basic model seems good

I think of it this way - every $1k they add on to the omv

we are not paying $1k more but $2.4k more (issit right?)

so i rather have the basic and add all my stuff here locally [grin]

One bad thing about harrier is the AD don't bring them in and also the japs instrument panel as they don't build market for UK and ASEAN.

X-trail looks nice, I am sure it will be a big success

Kia underpowered ? you must have tried the petrol version then ..should try the diesel version

OK, then we are using the exact same method to measure FC, esp. insisting the pump attendant to "auto stop" :-)

The weird thing is that my FC has been around 8km/L from June 2013 to about Apr 2014, then suddenly the FC just dived. There is no special mod, no change in driving patterns, no change in petrol type etc. I had NEVER been able to achieve 9km/L, not to mention 10km/L like you. The "best" was 8.6 (yes, I keep detailed records).

Maybe I should try 98 fuel instead.....

Yes use 98 and inflate your tire to slightly higher pressure and check them regularly. else you may soon see side shoulder wearing faster.

Just my 2 cents worth

don't understand why Forester is not popular in local,

it consistently won US best compact size SUV 2 years,

performance, price, safety wise all are the best in its category,

however local buyers more favor CX5, Harrier, Qashqai, CRV, RAV4, Sorento , Tuson, Tigun etc

however local buyers more favor CX5, Harrier, Qashqai, CRV, RAV4, Sorento , Tuson, Tigun etc

Previous Forester interior space quite cramp compared to others. New one how?

Better?

Well in S'pore,motorists,need good resale value[not good],good FC[boxer are a drinker],cheap spare parts[quite expensive],& Subaru sounded not nice[esp to Gamblers [furious] ]..

↡ Advertisement