Infant milk powder recommendation

Panerex77

wife just gave birth to newborn...

intend to go with breast milk as much as possible.

however, just in case not enough, may i know any recommendation for infant milk powder?

i know couple of good brands out there - nan, similac, enfant

heard enfant has the highest nutritional value - not sure true or not.

also, heard such milk powder is heaty, as such even though newborns typically dont need plain water, should i feed the baby with plain water lest he gets too heaty.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

wife just gave birth to newborn...

intend to go with breast milk as much as possible.

however, just in case not enough, may i know any recommendation for infant milk powder?

i know couple of good brands out there - nan, similac, enfant

heard enfant has the highest nutritional value - not sure true or not.

also, heard such milk powder is heaty, as such even though newborns typically dont need plain water, should i feed the baby with plain water lest he gets too heaty.

just go for whichever one suits you. It's all baby's personal preference. No such thing as one brand is good for all.

i will choose the one that is least "heaty" and gives the least constipation.

For my girl, S26 was the most "heaty" and i've stuck to similac since.

Similac got Lutien+ which helps in eye protection.

enfant's "highest nutritional value" claim is only by it's only marketing.

At the end of the day, some babys reject certain milk so you may end up drinking the brands you didn't expect.

(edited)

thanks...since that similac is pretty popular with you all here...maybe i shd give that a try too...

nonetheless at end of the day...will still like to rely on breast milk as much as possible

so you guys still feed plain water with similac? heard there's already water content inside the milk powder..so not sure if plain water is replicative

Edited by Panerex77

Congrats. I have chose Enfalac as I'm told it taste close to breast milk. Both my kids are on the same brand. Enfant I never heard before. It depends on what the baby like. If you find that it's too heaty dan change brand. No such thing as what brand is the best.

thanks...since that similac is pretty popular with you all here...maybe i shd give that a try too...

nonetheless at end of the day...will still like to rely on breast milk as much as possible

so you guys still feed plain water with similac? heard there's already water content inside the milk powder..so not sure if plain water is replicative

starting never feed plain water... supposedly not good for baby...

just feed purely formula milk or breast milk first couple of months

Turbocharged

Agree, must try out which suite the baby... For my case, s26 will cause very loose poo... Just like lausai.. similac suite her just nice... Btw, I don't buy sg similac with those what luiten...so much more expensive.. I get those MY type... I reco s26 ...quite balance btw pocket and nutrition, that's why I tried that first but not suitable for her...

But if one are those kiasu and kiasi type,, just by the most expensive type will do... If ask which has the most nutrition, it's going to be enfalac from mead Johnson... I buy enfalac for the first year for my son, but due to my second child will vomit in every feeding, I have to mix special grade , HA grade with similac to get balance poo texture.. HA alone too heaty...

Agree, must try out which suite the baby... For my case, s26 will cause very loose poo... Just like lausai.. similac suite her just nice... Btw, I don't buy sg similac with those what luiten...so much more expensive.. I get those MY type... I reco s26 ...quite balance btw pocket and nutrition, that's why I tried that first but not suitable for her...

But if one are those kiasu and kiasi type,, just by the most expensive type will do... If ask which has the most nutrition, it's going to be enfalac from mead Johnson... I buy enfalac for the first year for my son, but due to my second child will vomit in every feeding, I have to mix special grade , HA grade with similac to get balance poo texture.. HA alone too heaty...

tried MY similac before... my child has redness around the mouth after consuming it...

dunno y leh

Hypersonic

got to defend S26 a little

since so many poor comments on it

it works fine for my baby

Hypersonic

got to defend S26 a little

since so many poor comments on it

it works fine for my baby

it's fine. i drank s26 when i was a baby!

Mine, just that my baby had like dry faeces when taking S26, similac softer and more correct consistency. But i know many babies taking friso, s26, dumex mamil all ok! ^_^

Hypersonic

just mix the appropriate h20 to the scoop. similac is big scoop so 2 ounces in each scoop. that's 60mls h20.

No drinking of water alone for 1st 3-4 mths, takes up stomach space and reduce their intake of milk. Unless u want to give a bit of medicine etc.

After that, they can take sips of water if u wish to.

Breast milk is the best. stick to it as long as u can.

my wife not enough breast milk, so it's about 50-50 during weekdays.

My 2 cannot take similac cos constipation but end up enfa just about nice.

Its depends on what your baby can take which brand without constipation, so far read alot of jb or sing milk powder but it still depend on how deep your pocket.

So far I still buy sing version cos they might not like the jb version taste.

U can try 'jin tai tong medical hall' their milk powder much cheaper than ntuc.

Own experience with 3 kids......enfalac. Dissolve better. Tried others, milk powder like very diff to dissolve completely even if you shake hard.

Hypersonic

If intent to breastfeed, ask for bottled formula milk at the hospital.

i dunno what you are trying to say ... :huh:

↡ Advertisement