Infant milk powder recommendation

Panerex77

I think it just means that SS is the first one to introduce this brand to the market. 

The idea of making a housebrand is to brand the product under your own name (or a new name) so you will not be beholden to the manufacturer and their pricing power. This case, it doesn't seem so.

Well the article definitely sounds like an exclusive relationship.

Normally i would say that but this SS towkay doesn't always think the same way.

I was wondering why some unknown supermarket can bid a very high rental price for a Punggol BTO neighbourhood supermaket space. Apparently it's owned by the SS boss. But under a totally different name  [:p]

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

yo !! parents of kids up to 3 ...

last two days to register for free samples for this Nature One brand milk powder ...

* heng ah ...i also just stumbled upon it today ....

I was wondering why some unknown supermarket can bid a very high rental price for a Punggol BTO neighbourhood supermaket space. Apparently it's owned by the SS boss. But under a totally different name  [:p]

if really so, then they must be having the same idea as NTUC ... they have got Fairprice Finest ... so maybe SS will also have a premium brand .... eg "SS Supreme" ?

• Praise 2

Hopefully they are just imitation milk powder, not another case of China saga.

Wow jialat. Those made in singapore Abbott pediasure but exported to a Malaysia tin version, safe to drink.. Like that scared liao..

ok, here is another milk powder that i have tried ... Blackmores toddlers milk powder ... from Australia.

my boy has no issues with the formula but the only issue i have with it is that it takes more time and agitation before it totally dissolves.

if we do the same routine as the Friso (dissolves very well), there will be undissolved powder chunks at the nipple causing a choke and the kid will not be able to drink his milk from the bottle.

Hope no one here get any from Lactalis

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42304757

French baby milk formula maker Lactalis has ordered a global product recall over fears of salmonella contamination.

Health authorities in France said 26 infants in the country have become sick since early December.

The recall affects products and exports to countries including Britain, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sudan.

It covers hundreds of baby milk powder products marketed globally under the Milumel, Picot and Celi brands.

follow up on Lactalis case... 

Recall of Lactalis dairy products: Stocks in S’pore not affected, AVA says

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/recall-lactalis-dairy-products-stocks-spore-not-affected-ava-says

SINGAPORE — Dairy products sold here by French company Lactalis, under brands such as President, Galbani, Lactel and QBB Ghee, are not those affected by a global recall of its formula milk products, the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) said on Monday (Dec 11).

good move

when a company sponsor infant formula ...

they already price in the “profit” for future purchase

target profit is 2x 3x 5x ... huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Finally, it's my turn to have a baby.

So far, I've been feeding him cheap milk as I can't afford the local high priced Similac, Nan, etc.

He doing well.

I've tried the Australian milk from ntuc and Sheng Siong.

SS is slightly cheaper at $30 /900g, so I might stick with that.

I asked my brother to buy Similac (made in Sg) from JB.. The price is slightly more than $30 /900g.

So I think my baby is happy with $30 milk.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

So far, I've been feeding him cheap milk as I can't afford the local high priced Similac, Nan, etc.

He doing well.

I asked my brother to buy Similac (made in Sg) from JB.. The price is slightly more than $30 /900g.

Congrats. 

• Praise 1

He doing well.

Don't buy the 900g one... Get the 1.8kg one as it is better value for money. And buy from the supermarket in JB - I reckon some of the mama shops have been found to have fake milk before.

It's ridiculous that milk made in SG is priced at 60% the normal price when you buy it in JB....

For even cheaper milk, breast feed lor. I didn't buy milk powder till almost 1 years old.

Edited by Kusje

Supercharged

He doing well.

Congrats n good that your baby is not fussy. Now got some national day promos like nature one diary 900g at $20+ at shopee n redmart.. Milk powder at qoo10 n carousell also cheaper than supermarkets. Just buy from the more established sellers to be on the safe side.

Twincharged

right now i am buying this (stage4) for my boy. i think its the cheapest in the WORLD !!

1121274723.g_400-w_g.jpg

Edited by Ysc3
↡ Advertisement