Infant milk powder recommendation

Panerex77

Turbocharged

i dunno what you are trying to say ... :huh:

i guess it mean "ask for some sample milk bottle (those glass type) or empty bottle" from hospital, then make use of those glass bottle for breast milk storage... that's what my SIL did... she has so much milk, she could store more than 20 bottles of it in fridge at anytime.. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Enfa has the highest nutrition value by comparison of the nutrition value stated on the tin.

My baby refused enfa probably because of the taste. No it does not taste anywhere near breast milk. Enfa has metallic smell and taste which I find disgusting.

If the parents have allergies history, you may want to use milk powder with HA. It is proven to reduce the likelihood of allergies in babies.

Hypersonic

i guess it mean "ask for some sample milk bottle (those glass type) or empty bottle" from hospital, then make use of those glass bottle for breast milk storage... that's what my SIL did... she has so much milk, she could store more than 20 bottles of it in fridge at anytime.. [laugh]

what every mum with not enough breast milk wants [:)] whole fridge full of bottled milk! [laugh]

Own experience with 3 kids......enfalac. Dissolve better. Tried others, milk powder like very diff to dissolve completely even if you shake hard.

Do not shake hard cos u won't want bubble go inside your baby stomach rite

Hypersonic

Do not shake hard cos u won't want bubble go inside your baby stomach rite

easiest way is to swirl like test tube instead of shake.

also for me, i will add in hot h20, then swirl first, then add in the room temp water and swirl again.

Helps dissolve milk powder better compared to just dump in all the water at once.

wife just gave birth to newborn...

intend to go with breast milk as much as possible.

however, just in case not enough, may i know any recommendation for infant milk powder?

i know couple of good brands out there - nan, similac, enfant

heard enfant has the highest nutritional value - not sure true or not.

also, heard such milk powder is heaty, as such even though newborns typically dont need plain water, should i feed the baby with plain water lest he gets too heaty.

I give my baby Nan, its not so sweet, easier for baby to alternate BM and FM...

Stool is normal also.

easiest way is to swirl like test tube instead of shake.

also for me, i will add in hot h20, then swirl first, then add in the room temp water and swirl again.

Helps dissolve milk powder better compared to just dump in all the water at once.

by adding hot (boliing i suppose) water to the milk powder, will it kill off the nutrients of the milk?

Turbocharged

wife just gave birth to newborn...

intend to go with breast milk as much as possible.

however, just in case not enough, may i know any recommendation for infant milk powder?

i know couple of good brands out there - nan, similac, enfant

heard enfant has the highest nutritional value - not sure true or not.

also, heard such milk powder is heaty, as such even though newborns typically dont need plain water, should i feed the baby with plain water lest he gets too heaty.

bro, wont have not enough one. when there is demand, there will be supply.

Neutral Newbie

My 2 kids drink S26 from 5 mths onwards and no issue whatsoever. Moreover S-26 is manufactured in Singapore so quality should be quite good.

Hypersonic

by adding hot (boliing i suppose) water to the milk powder, will it kill off the nutrients of the milk?

not boiling. just boil then cool down a bit, leave in a hot water bottle.

no lah. your milk needs to be usually about body temperature for baby to drink. no hot water how to make the milk ^_^

Congrats, my kids were on Nan. All reputable brands should be fine, and even if the nutritional stuff is present, does not mean it all can be absorbed by the body through drinking.

Best of course is breast milk, but other than that, any infant formula should be fine.

Boiling water will kill off nutrients, so it should be about 70 degrees. As long as the powder can mix well into the water will be fine.

Turbocharged

My 2 kids drink S26 from 5 mths onwards and no issue whatsoever. Moreover S-26 is manufactured in Singapore so quality should be quite good.

any milk from any country is good except MIC. period. [:p]

4th Gear

any milk from any country is good except MIC. period. [:p]

how about MIC breast milk??? [sly][laugh]

Turbocharged

how about MIC breast milk??? [sly][laugh]

same, it's poisonous. i wont take. period. [:p]

dont believe? ask terence cao for FR .... [laugh]

4th Gear

same, it's poisonous. i wont take. period. [:p]

dont believe? ask terence cao for FR .... [laugh]

that's 'cos he's stupid to go raw...... [lipsrsealed][laugh]