Insurance time again

Titanium

Hello... I m with DirectAsia for 2 yrs liao and just receive their letter for renewal (Auto renew on 15/5 if I didn't reply)

I tried the Aviva online quote and was quoted ard $150 cheaper.

Is Aviva ok? Or anyone have better recommendation ma?

TIA! [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

i was with A*A for 2 yrs and shifted to aviva.

Though Aviv* (thru research online) is said tobe sticky when claim, I realise that some testomonials said otherwise, I checked with the CS and she said for change of RIMS, there is a tolerance. So I went for it as I dont MOD. So depends on what you want to believe when you read online about aviva. since you with direct asia, now try aviva lor.

Edited by Kish_garfield

Turbocharged

What tolerance are they talking about? 15' to 16" upgrade is ok but 15" to 17" not ok? That's the danger with aviva where they could just walk away when claim time just base on their tolerance level...

I will go for those who could tell me yes or no, not maybe or depends on tolerance crap... [:p]

Tolerance in engineering terminology is acceptable spread from the ideal.. Or in short terms "sandbag" hahaha..

She cannot give a definite answer thus give you "tolerance" or in board room terms when stuck with cannot answer now thing and to be safe is let me go and check [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

I've used several insurance companies over the past decades.

Good or not depends on individual experiences with claims, if any.

Now with DA, being cheaper than all others.

My take is based on convenience of claims and accident report location,

which is near home or workplace. That will make life less troublesome after

an accident.

• Praise 1

Aviva is the last option anyone should choose

Over 150 dollars u also want to save?

if the premium only $800, $150 is a lot [laugh]

but i would say stick to DA :D

Neutral Newbie

I used aviva before, then changed to driveshield car insurance which is underwritten by msig. Personally I feel it's better than aviva.. Seems like DA is good though, maybe ill consider that next

• Praise 1

I used aviva before, then changed to driveshield car insurance which is underwritten by msig. Personally I feel it's better than aviva.. Seems like DA is good though, maybe ill consider that next

Better in what sense? Price, claim experience or....?

Neutral Newbie

different companies for different cars have varies premiums, meaning.. i only hv to pay $1000 for toyota for A company, B company premium is $1500, but doesnt mean B company is expensive, they may have lower premium for other made n model.

so my advise is, get a few code first before expiry... every car they underwrite is different..

btw my premium only abt $640, jst bought a used latio sports, exactly 5 yr old, but all unnamed drivers must be above 40 yr old in order to drive the car.

from my experience, generally toyota n nissian hv lower premiums.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Being in two accidents over pass 2 years, i realised $100-$200 different is not the most important. Try to google the different agent's 24hr helpline and try calling between 8pm to 12am. When i needed them most, i could not find the helpline on google and have to search through all my old emails before finding it and when i did had it, it was routed to some guy's handphone and could tell he is out door. And first few times did not get through. Next day i call him again to check what i should do to follow up, got scolded because he said his line is a emergency line. Ask me to call main office during weekday 8am to 5pm. Paying slightly more, i got a calm lady on the line who sits infront of the company 24-7 and was able to check my right and got me a tow trunk asap. She even call me up next day to follow up.

Again depend on your budget.

My 2 cents

Edited by Redantckc

Being in two accidents over pass 2 years, i realised $100-$200 different is not the most important. Try to google the different agent's 24hr helpline and try calling between 8pm to 12am. When i needed them most, i could not find the helpline on google and have to search through all my old emails before finding it and when i did had it, it was routed to some guy's handphone and could tell he is out door. And first few times did not get through. Next day i call him again to check what i should do to follow up, got scolded because he said his line is a emergency line. Ask me to call main office during weekday 8am to 5pm. Paying slightly more, i got a calm lady on the line who sits infront of the company 24-7 and was able to check my right and got me a tow trunk asap. She even call me up next day to follow up.

Again depend on your budget.

My 2 cents

So which is which? Or you can tell me who the calm lady and busy man work for?

↡ Advertisement