SGrean are the biggest spenders in Asia-Pacific for dining

Darthrevan

Supercharged

17663023e.jpg

Singaporeans are the region's top spenders for dining, according to a MasterCard survey of consumer dining habits across the Asia-Pacific region.

The Republic overtook Japan to climb to top spot, with an average monthly dining spend of US$262 ($323). This is up nearly 25 per cent from US$212 in June 2011.

Japanese and Chinese consumers follow closely behind with an average monthly dining spend of US$225 and US$203 respectively.

The global survey was conducted with residents aged between 18 and 64. The online interviews, conducted between November and December 2012, lasted about 45 minutes each. A total of 455 Singapore residents were interviewed, out of close to 8,000 respondents globally.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...survey-20130508

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Singaporeans are the region's top spenders for dining, according to a MasterCard survey of consumer dining habits across the Asia-Pacific region.

The Republic overtook Japan to climb to top spot, with an average monthly dining spend of US$262 ($323). This is up nearly 25 per cent from US$212 in June 2011.

Japanese and Chinese consumers follow closely behind with an average monthly dining spend of US$225 and US$203 respectively.

The global survey was conducted with residents aged between 18 and 64. The online interviews, conducted between November and December 2012, lasted about 45 minutes each. A total of 455 Singapore residents were interviewed, out of close to 8,000 respondents globally.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...survey-20130508

$323 monthly isnt a lot.. i eat canteen and hawker food daily for lunch alone already cost me nearly $300

Turbocharged

becos food here cost too much?

And out currency is strong against many currencies in the region.. If i'm not wrong, only JPY and AUD are stronger than us

Hypersonic

What's their definition of dining? Is it just eat outside is considered dining? If that is the case, not surpising, as singaporean seldom cook at home.

Not surprise to hear that. Just look around the restaurants during weekends, long queue and all need advance booking. Even expensive buffet like Todai where each pax cost $80 also packed with ppl.

Sporean really spend alot on food. This is so true.

Hypersonic

Not surprise to hear that. Just look around the restaurants during weekends, long queue and all need advance booking. Even expensive buffet like Todai where each pax cost $80 also packed with ppl.

Sporean really spend alot on food. This is so true.

I go restoran Todak.. Much cheaper and with good ambiance.

like that can present the whole singapore?? waste time <_< <_<

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Maybe they did their survey sampling in Marina Bay or Orchard Road ?

Edited by Golfmatic

I twice to thrice a week eat in restaurant cost 150-250 for 4, so about 3k a month and i think that the stats abit misleading here cos from wad i know singaporean eat in restaurant at least once a week, about 100 to 200 how can it be so low?

(edited)

I twice to thrice a week eat in restaurant cost 150-250 for 4, so about 3k a month and i think that the stats abit misleading here cos from wad i know singaporean eat in restaurant at least once a week, about 100 to 200 how can it be so low?

Perhaps many respondents are students thus the average became so average. If say median then could be different. 18-64yrs, maybe many retirees and NS boys.

Edited by Atonchia

Hypersonic

if eat hawker/food court also count. any average working person will be able to hit that amount lah...

Perhaps many respondents are students thus the average became so average. If say median then could be different. 18-64yrs, maybe many retirees and NS boys.

True average people i would say at least spend 700-800 a month in a restaurant. Maybe this is the respondent of ppl using master. But in fact the respondent also use amex, visa and jcb for their other dining expense. So this survey is based on people spend using mastercard but not their dining expense

↡ Advertisement