2014 Toyota Corolla details leaked

Proton_neutron

Turbocharged

Well, I would like to add that the interior looks simple but functional! This design will have a long lasting look! Never boring even after a long while.

You a Toyota die hard fan?... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Which target mkt still prefer 4AT. SG?

you have to understand Toyota to understand why they are still using the same tech in so many of their cars..

In SEA (KL, JKT, BKK, SGP, MNL), the traffic is all liddat one. How many gears needed?

Gear 1: 0-20km/hr

Gear 2: 21-40km/hr

Gear 3: 41-60 km/hr

Gear 4: 61km/hr onwards

The traffic conditions is like stop-start-stop-start...... 4AT is very good enough.

If the traffic is slow, but constantly flowing, CVT is more suitable. That is why Honda KM also brought in the 5AT instead of CVT for their Jazz.

Turbocharged

Not very clear that 4AT is still being pumped into KL, JKT, BKK, SGP mkt bec start/stop city driving is the usual pattern. When I was on a tour in Korea, the local tour guide complains that the roads in his homeland are jammed with cars.....yet 6 spd AT are the norm in BnB MIK cars imptd into SG.

A Jap brand here has a 2L and 2.5L version. The FC (listed) is 12 and 13 km/L. One is 4speed the other 6speed. Fuel efficiency. The 6 speed is also smoother from start to cruise.

those that want to go point a to b and dont really care how much petrol they will save with 1 more gear. these are the people who need a car. not buy it due badge and when need to stay in workshope is coz he has passion to keep the car.

(edited)

Well, I would like to add that the interior looks simple but functional! This design will have a long lasting look! Never boring even after a long while.

Don't know whether to say yes or not. Initially, the KIA Forte surfaced looks good and the Altis looks dated. After many years leow and the Forte now really looks dated but the Altis remains the same. Comparing both now, the Altis looks better than the Forte. Dunno why finds the Altis looks bigger and classier. The only issue with the Altis is the tiny shoes it is wearing. Just like the Civic, begining finds the looks awkward comparing with the older models likes the EK series but now it seems more and more acceptable or simply nice.

Edited by Renegade777

Don't know whether to say yes or not. Initially, the KIA Forte surfaced looks good and the Altis looks dated. After many years leow and the Forte now really looks dated but the Altis remains the same. Comparing both now, the Altis looks better than the Forte. Dunno why finds the Altis looks bigger and classier. The only issue with the Altis is the tiny shoes it is wearing. Just like the Civic, begining finds the looks awkward comparing with the older models likes the EK series but now it seems more and more acceptable or simply nice.

Anyway, this is concept. Dun think the production model will be so sporty and "bengish". It is suppose to sell many many as a popular car with simple look for the masses.

Anyway, this is concept. Dun think the production model will be so sporty and "bengish". It is suppose to sell many many as a popular car with simple look for the masses.

Possible to spot the concept's headlights. The grille may be toned down a bit.

The new Vios looks quite futuristic if you ask me.

Turbocharged

Toyota only gave a sneek preview of the 2014 Corrolla in USA recently. So, SG buyers keen on getting this have to wait until at least last qtr of 2014?

Hypersonic

actually this is kinda true.

Forte looks like an old car to me now. Altis still ok. Civic also.

suspect in 1-2 yrs i will think elantra looks outdated.

Didn't really like the E90 3 series looks then. but now i find it pretty pleasant looking.

Hypersonic

They can use the 6sp auto from Mark X,

1.6L don't need 6 speed lah. at least a 5 speed. come on! [laugh]

if like my dad, 4 speed is more than enough cause he drive to a max of 80 only. I see MANY Altis drivers like my dad, slowly cruising along the 2nd lane. 5 gears is way too much for them. CVT maybe more suited for them but CVT has its own issues. The 4 speed is proven and effective for many drivers.

BUT personally I prefer 5 speed autos though cause they have played with the gear ratio in the G10 and made it much quicker on the 1st gear but wayyyy to draggy at remaining gears. Then when almost hit 160 cannot see the speedometer needle moving anymore. The 1st gear ratio is almost perfect for me (dont want the wife to complain too much) but the rest is a drag. A 5th gear will make the ride much better.

To be fair, 4 speed auto is enough for local roads, if you just want to get A to B. What you should ask, are you getting value for you car, when the tech are so old?

Turbocharged

Toyota is one of the top car maker in the world. I am sure it is cost effective for them to put a 6 speed AT in every corrolla/altis. Is the price difference alot? Guess it is just abit of pride/stubborness not to play catchup with the Kor.