2014 Toyota Corolla details leaked

Proton_neutron

Hypersonic

Toyota is one of the top car maker in the world. I am sure it is cost effective for them to put a 6 speed AT in every corrolla/altis. Is the price difference alot? Guess it is just abit of pride/stubborness not to play catchup with the Kor.

it's just economics for them i guess.

JDM is CVT as standard

SEA and other countries that buy B&B cars - 4AT

USA will just buy camry. the market for corolla there is probably much smaller compared to the bigger saloons.

Neutral Newbie

So far i have changed n own 6 cars, 4 used cars n 2 brand new cars. Shortest own period was 6 months.

10 yrs ago i bought a brand new corolla 1.6, last batch japanese made (not altis). Boring looking, uncle car, ugly rims, see liao oso sian...

But I drove till scrapped recently, a complete 10 yr ownership! I kept it for so long cos i could not find a car that FC cost me only 14, 15km/L for a 1.6, I was n i m always using 92 unleaded, and the most MAJOR n "frequent" wear n tear is the battery.. which i replaced from borneo and could lasted for 3 years. BTW the mileage was about 250,000km, totally no repair needed. So to me, 4 speed auto no issue, but its the toyota technology that counts.

I m now driving a 5 yr old latio sports, just for a change.. hehe

External design very nice, internal look a bit like Nissan? And the awful wood trims.....

to me, wood is still ok. it add abit of luxury but not those glossy finished type. those matt finishing looks good to me. maybe i uncle liao. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

its reliability as usual,sells by the badge.Just like other conti,badge sells as well.

To me,this is like a box that moves thats all.

Heard from Toyota salesman that new Altis coming end of year, with 1.6L 7CVT!!!

Amazing since it hasn't actually been officially unveiled. It'll be though on June 6th, in California, LA!

Heard from Toyota salesman that new Altis coming end of year, with 1.6L 7CVT!!!

Amazing since it hasn't actually been officially unveiled. It'll be though on June 6th, in California, LA!

Sounds like same engine and transmission as the auris. Economical but very boring to drive.

Turbocharged

Not sure how the cvt perform if I wanna over take a car at speed like 130kmh for example... That's something bothering me actually when choosing a cvt vs an auto... [:p]

Interesting world when even B&B cars like corolla wanted to have teasers, especially when most people who buy these cars do not care much about the look.

Not sure how the cvt perform if I wanna over take a car at speed like 130kmh for example... That's something bothering me actually when choosing a cvt vs an auto... [:p]

If you like to play play at 130kmph then Corolla is not for you, CVT or not.

Turbocharged

If you like to play play at 130kmph then Corolla is not for you, CVT or not.

Nonsense, when I'm slow down by a hogger on nshw, I need to drop a gear and rev up to overtake from left, I will do it... I can do it with my latio, so can corolla 4at... I don't play play on the road, not at high speed ...... [:p]

Nonsense, when I'm slow down by a hogger on nshw, I need to drop a gear and rev up to overtake from left, I will do it... I can do it with my latio, so can corolla 4at... I don't play play on the road, not at high speed ...... [:p]

So how fast do you drive not to be termed a hogger on lane 1? [dizzy]

Turbocharged

So how fast do you drive not to be termed a hogger on lane 1? [dizzy]

No limit. As long someone coming faster than you and you not moving to left lane, you at hogging ... [:p]

i'm just wondering if the global launch will be a nice fresh model. and then for south east asia they come up with a conservative mod with big chrome grilles. like what happened to the camry.

↡ Advertisement