David Beckham retires.

VellfireS

David Beckham, who starred for Manchester United, Real Madrid and England's national team before heading to the United States and Paris, is retiring. The news was confirmed Thursday by England's Football Association.

The midfielder played his first game for Manchester United in 1992 and eventually rose to become captain of England's international team for more than 50 games, including several World Cup tournaments. He appeared in 115 matches for the squad.

David Beckham, who starred for Manchester United, Real Madrid and England's national team before heading to the United States and Paris, is retiring. The news was confirmed Thursday by England's Football Association.

The midfielder played his first game for Manchester United in 1992 and eventually rose to become captain of England's international team for more than 50 games, including several World Cup tournaments. He appeared in 115 matches for the squad.

[confused] [confused] .... u mean he just retire?

I tot he already did so when he went to the States to pursue his new career as a model... [bounce2]

[confused][confused] .... u mean he just retire?

I tot he already did so when he went to the States to pursue his new career as a model... [bounce2]

Just retired. Lols. He was playing for.PSG for a while.

[confused][confused] .... u mean he just retire?

Was his fan before United won the treble after seeing him score freekicks effortlessly.

After he left United, Man Utd did not win the EPL for next 3 seasons.

After left out on England squad, where Becks from captain become nothing when Steve Mclaren is in charge, England didn't play well until last world cup.

After convincing the committee to let England to host Olympics, he express his wish to play, but they don't let him play... <_<

I know he's overall not a very good player, but he has a good influence on the team. Many times, he can turn the game around with his freekicks, long passes and corners.

Alamak bro... I know lar.....

But I think he basically stop playing competitively when he left for the States. He was there for the money... nothing wrong with that, in fact, I always think it's a smart move. He could have move to some middle eastern leagues which I am sure can pay him a lot more. But he choose the States and I think it was a carefully thought decision.

David Beckham is not just abt football.. it's a brand... If he had moved to anywhere else, his only income will only be from his football 'job' and the brand 'DB' will die off.

Look at him now, I duno how many sources of income he is generating and more importantly, a lot are passive income.

I know he work very hard to be a football player despite his lack of talent, But I was never his football fan.

I admire him because of the way he market himself, the way he wants to stay relevant and most importantly, the way he earns money. This is why I say beauty is a talent If you know how to make use of it...the right way that is.

But I think he basically stop playing competitively when he left for the States. He was there for the money... nothing wrong with that, in fact, I always think it's a smart move. He could have move to some middle eastern leagues which I am sure can pay him a lot more. But he choose the States and I think it was a carefully thought decision.

David Beckham is not just abt football.. it's a brand... If he had moved to anywhere else, his only income will only be from his football 'job' and the brand 'DB' will die off.

Look at him now, I duno how many sources of income he is generating and more importantly, a lot are passive income.

I know he work very hard to be a football player despite his lack of talent, But I was never his football fan.

I admire him because of the way he market himself, the way he wants to stay relevant and most importantly, the way he earns money. This is why I say beauty is a talent If you know how to make use of it...the right way that is.

Totally agree ... that guy (and/or his marketing manager) ... absolutely brilliant. Capitalized on all his assets rather than just focus on football. After all, sports is a limited career - limited by age and/or fitness. If kena serious injury whilst young... that's it. Beckham really took up insurance against that by hedging in all kinds of other branding. Even in China, I think David Beckham is probably more famous, than say, Lionel Messi.

Even now when I think of shaving kit, Beckham's image springs to mind. [laugh]

Was his fan before United won the treble after seeing him score freekicks effortlessly.

After he left United, Man Utd did not win the EPL for next 3 seasons.

After left out on England squad, where Becks from captain become nothing when Steve Mclaren is in charge, England didn't play well until last world cup.

After convincing the committee to let England to host Olympics, he express his wish to play, but they don't let him play... <_<

I know he's overall not a very good player, but he has a good influence on the team. Many times, he can turn the game around with his freekicks, long passes and corners.

I totally agree. His free kicks and crosses were brillant and phenomenal at most times.

Apart from that, he is just a normal player in my honest opinion.

And he has that kind of influence in the team and among team mates.

Also his famous missed in WC penalty where he slip just as he kick .... [cool]

I will always remember the penalty he took for England against Argentina in the 1998 World Cup Finals.

I was watching the big screen outside and near Lido Theatre Orchard and when the goal went in, there was a huge roar of "goal" celebration.

PS la.. hahaha.. yupps.. he earns way more not by playing soccer.. but by other mediums.. :ph34r:[;)]

The ' In ' word now is RETIREMENT.

DB rise and fall in football has a lot to do with SAF , a skinny lad made famous by his right foot freekick, his chisel-lookigbface was another Omm-factor added on by his infamous Posh wife, who wheel-roller him into fashion Milan and get booted off kick of Sir Alex.

With or w/o both Armani under-garment and Shaving kit, he looks exactly the same minus the soccer-boot.

David may has his riches living on endorsement deal and sponsorships, parfum, clothing and fitness-sense, his retirement has been planned way ahead, it's juz a show-piece to let the world knows his home-coming after all how long one can live overseas when his kids are still in their infancy stage ?, he does play occasionally on the wings, free-kicks and all, is that all he can do, Beckham was the name all love to hate when he broke his toe bone, Where was he when England needed him most was a major blow.

His rise is thru SAF and his fall is none other than Posh spice, His ambassador role certainly whip up an appetite now as he retires in coming summer.

At 38, the world is at his feet.

↡ Advertisement