• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Cooliechang
  • Premium member
    Cooliechang
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I would like to check with any bros who has the same problem before.

I am driving an ody RB1, recently when I switched on my car aircon, i can hear something like water flowing from my co driver side.

It is like those water fountain sound but no water leaking.

Please advise what could be the problem? air con compressor breaking down soon?

Thanks in advance for the advice. smile.gif

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The aircon has a drainage pipe. Maybe it's clogged? U sure no leak?

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Xmenfreak2
  • Xmenfreak2
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi , confirm plus chop your air con valve for the water outlet is clogged. Just tell the workshop to unclog it. Do it soon as mine i waited for about a month then suddenly my co driver side started to have water dripping on the inside of the car... hope it helps... wink.gif

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Lla23
  • Lla23
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Bro, u might hv to take out the plastic cover that's covering the wiper...the leaves might be stuck there...

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hosaybo
  • Premium member
    Hosaybo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

possibile that the drain pipe is clogged, esp if your car is a few years old.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Cooliechang
  • Premium member
    Cooliechang
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi bro,

Thnxs a lot of the advice.

But I dun know where is the air con drainage pipe.

Difficult to access or must remove any panel?

I think no leak as my co driver floor not damp.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Cooliechang
  • Premium member
    Cooliechang
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi bro,

Will try to remove the cover n clear the leaves this wkend.

Thnxs a lot.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Evillusion
  • Premium member
    Evillusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

some people spends thousands of dollars to have fountain and running streams in their home just for good luck! yours must be natural....lucky siak! wink.gif
Together We stand Alone

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

its almost above the spot where small water spot pooled after parking.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Cooliechang
  • Premium member
    Cooliechang
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Wow... Its for good luck? Ok. Tomorow 4d must buy... C got strike or not.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Cooliechang
  • Premium member
    Cooliechang
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

So the pipe is under my car... No choice liao must bring to workshop n ask them to clear for me below.

Thnxs alot.... happy.gif

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

aircon condensate trapped in the drainage

and not flowing out to the ground

usually caused by dried leaves accumulation

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Check under the front passenger floor mat if it is damp. Like some has pointed, it is probably a choked drain pipe. Get mech to check.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Pandaeyes
  • Pandaeyes
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

I would like to check with any bros who has the same problem before.

I am driving an ody RB1, recently when I switched on my car aircon, i can hear something like water flowing from my co driver side.

It is like those water fountain sound but no water leaking.

Please advise what could be the problem? air con compressor breaking down soon?

Thanks in advance for the advice. smile.gif

Don't fix it when it hasn't broken down. My previous car had that sound for 2 yrs but air con was strong n cold. Did not bother.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Very likely AC man will not let you off the bite with simple purging or unchoking of drainpipe.They will offer you AC service and advise you that unplugging is only a stop gap measure.The blockage will return soon, as the AC is full of debris/dirty.So be alert and decide what's good enough for you.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Evillusion
  • Premium member
    Evillusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wow... Its for good luck? Ok. Tomorow 4d must buy... C got strike or not.

so if u kana must gibe me treat ok! hope u look like yr avatar! wub.gif wub.gif
Together We stand Alone

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

Evillusion
  • Premium member
    Evillusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

one more thing...i oso had a swishing sound initially when i bought my car...i adjusted the aircon valve at the engine bay n it has disapperaed since! But mine is just a MY made brand...so donno same remedy will work anot.
Together We stand Alone

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Hosaybo
  • Premium member
    Hosaybo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Try to locate the drain pipe. If you have access to those industrial air gun, plug it in the pipe and shoot a few burst of high pressure air. That is how my mech does it and it has been 2 years and the prob have not come back.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My factory has the air gun. If you can locate the drainage pipe and want to use the air gun, let me know.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

one more thing...i oso had a swishing sound initially when i bought my car...i adjusted the aircon valve at the engine bay n it has disapperaed since! But mine is just a MY made brand...so donno same remedy will work anot.

If strike, I think whatever look also can. laugh.gif

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Car, aircon, water, flowing and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users