Australia: Melbourne - Where to stay for long term?

Billcoke

For those Bro whom are familiar with Melbourne, which neighbourhood would you choose to stay for long term?

↡ Advertisement

For those Bro whom are familiar with Melbourne, which neighbourhood would you choose to stay for long term?

Without any hesitation I say Doncaster (or Kew if you can afford it), Unless you like apartments or smaller houses then the city itself, Prahan, Sth Yarrah or Toorak.

I think trex lives in Melbourne. Maybe ask him. But personally I like glen Waverly or oakley area since its pretty convenient

(edited)

I think trex lives in Melbourne. Maybe ask him. But personally I like glen Waverly or oakley area since its pretty convenient

I heard Glen Waverly and Balwyn are popular neighborhood for Asian.

You mean Trex101? can't find Trex.

Edited by Billcoke

(edited)

Without any hesitation I say Doncaster (or Kew if you can afford it), Unless you like apartments or smaller houses then the city itself, Prahan, Sth Yarrah or Toorak.

i see, but why do you like Doncaster? because of bigger and cheaper house?

Edited by Billcoke

I heard Glen Waverly and Balwyn are popular neighborhood for Asian.

You mean Trex101? can't find Trex.

Yea. Popular. Unfortunately I'm a sucka for Asian food so I'll stay where the food is. Also Glen Waverly's a nice hangout place at night, something like Holland V.

Yes Trex101.

Depends on what your requirement in that suburb, near to good school? full of Asian? quiet or full of shopping?

Kew or Balwyn is definably good area to live in but it's pretty expensive now with house around 1.5 to 2mil.

(edited)

i see, but why do you like Doncaster? because of bigger and cheaper house?

It's less crowded but with easy access everywhere. Not too close to the city, but not too far off either. Big mall nearby for those hot summer days so you can run in for free aircon, highway nearby does not get as congested during peak hours compared to say the M1 or Princess Highway, etc

Edited by Elfenstar

Kew or Balwyn is definably good area to live in but it's pretty expensive now with house around 1.5 to 2mil.

Whereabouts are you staying at now?

Whereabouts are you staying at now?

Staying at Viewbank, small suburb next to Rosanna. pretty near to Doncaster, Box hill, Preston, Western and Eastern fwy, location quite central except not much public transport here, next time if kids want to go Uni than got to buy them a car, if not travel until siao.

Staying at Viewbank, small suburb next to Rosanna. pretty near to Doncaster, Box hill, Preston, Western and Eastern fwy, location quite central except not much public transport here, next time if kids want to go Uni than got to buy them a car, if not travel until siao.

Yup I know where. halfway between the eastern and northern sides. If things haven't changed, that area is pretty quiet

Yup I know where. halfway between the eastern and northern sides. If things haven't changed, that area is pretty quiet

Very quiet here, most of my neighbours here are old folks, not much noisy teenagers or any disturbances.

Any plans for the govt to extend the railway to Viewbank?

WTF?!?!!?!!? You guys all rich people. Unlike me....

Depends on what your requirement in that suburb, near to good school? full of Asian? quiet or full of shopping?

Near to schools (prefer good schools), with shopping center and train station.

Near to schools (prefer good schools), with shopping center and train station.

How much is your budget? buying house or renting? maybe you can pm me so that i can better advice you.

↡ Advertisement