Optimum Opti glass on windscreen

Optivax

(edited)

Once again Optimum technology has come up with a new coating and this time is meant for glass. Optiglass is a coating with hydrophobic effect for glass and it suppose to prevent stone chips, scratches and those usual water stains and marls for pollutant.

How good it is? I decided to put on test on my berlingo windscreen. It has been awhile since i touch the machine. With the help from Jeremy of Miracle detail. Everything went smoothly. Polishing windscreen is never a easy job as it require the correct material and equipment. Unlike paint, glass is much harder, probably those expert in glass polishing knows better.

My windscreen has been a testbed for various products amd this is how bad under the inspection light.

Material used. Cerium oxide and rayon pad. Cerium oxide has good cutting amdit works well with machine. If you are using hand, i would advice you to get those off the shelves glass polish.

20130526_074358_zpsa12da49c.jpg

20130526_074411_zps8ea603af.jpg

Edited by Optivax
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

A Dual action was used but it is too slow for cutting and i proceed to use a rotary. The rayon was a real solid pad which is able to withstand heat and long working time but concern is if the glass is going to break..haha i doubt so..

20130526_074725_zpsbbc338a2.jpg

20130526_074909_zps0dc0f210.jpg

20130526_075845_zpse726e37b.jpg

Edited by Optivax

(edited)

70 percent ipa was used to wipe down..

20130519_163014_zpsc9761a99.jpg

After some heavy polish..

20130526_082221_zpse5af296d.jpg

Opti glass coating. I believe should be the only coating for glass in the market now.

20130526_082805_zpsc2713fce.jpg

Cotton used for application.

20130526_082844_zps7e2664a4.jpg

A total of 3 cars have been coated last few days. Feedback is no judder at all and wipers wipe much smoother. I have applied on for a owner who had wiper juddering for long time and had try various products but does not help.

Personally i feel that the wipers wipe are indeed smoother and the wipe are much cleaner. Will update for any founding. One more thing, hydrophobic effect around 70km/hr.

Edited by Optivax

Neutral Newbie

Very exciting! Do you know it's estimated durability compared to other brands like Nanolex Ultra and Gtechniq G1?

Is it wipe off wipe off application? I'm very keen to try this as I'm a big fan of OPT products

Very exciting! Do you know it's estimated durability compared to other brands like Nanolex Ultra and Gtechniq G1?

Is it wipe off wipe off application? I'm very keen to try this as I'm a big fan of OPT products

Optimum Technology claim durability for OptiGlass professional is 3 years and consumer version is 1 year.

Supercharged

anyone on Opti-glass? any review? last long? contacted local applicator but seems to have some issues applying it...

just that it wasn't effective for some reason...

Eyke, If you have been to Johor, try one of the detailer Delux there. They have been getting good feedback from customers.

Supercharged

Eyke, If you have been to Johor, try one of the detailer Delux there. They have been getting good feedback from customers.

would much prefer to have it done here.

is it possible for you to work out the issues with your local detailer so we don't have to goto JB to do it?

much appreciated...

would much prefer to have it done here.

is it possible for you to work out the issues with your local detailer so we don't have to goto JB to do it?

much appreciated...

Let me find out what is the application issue.

↡ Advertisement