Pope also Salah -Vatican corrects Pope

Little_prince

After Pope Francis told the world even atheists can go to heaven, the Vatican issued a correction: Atheists are still going to hell.

The Vatican issued an

↡ Advertisement

Not sure where this thread is heading but just want to clear the misconception that Pope is infallable all the time. That is not true at all.

watching this thread. Good to discuss. In fact, the concept of death and all still pervades me, and with the lingering of the soul, where exactly do we go?

Change to life after death discussion. If gets too serious, then i will close it

To the atheist, there is no god. Therefore, the scare tactic won't work on atheists. Whether who goes to heaven or hell is not decided by any religion but by what one does.

Turbocharged

i like this new pope though. i'm not catholic, but i think he is definitely a breath of fresh air from what im reading. pity about the uturn by the vatican!

i like this new pope though. i'm not catholic, but i think he is definitely a breath of fresh air from what im reading. pity about the uturn by the vatican!

What the Vatican said is basic substrate of christianity, cannot be change one laa... The pope was just being humble to say that call to be good is universal and is a nature to mankind. I don't see any conflict here.

Supersonic

Noone who has read Dante's Inferno would make an elementary mistake like that. The very First Circle (Limbo) is where the virtuous people who've rejected Christ reside.

watching this thread. Good to discuss. In fact, the concept of death and all still pervades me, and with the lingering of the soul, where exactly do we go?

Change to life after death discussion. If gets too serious, then i will close it

i thought that the pope was the one who decides the church's doctrine?

how can the church refute the pope?

Supersonic

Just like others can "clarify" Lao Lee's meaning when he goes off on one of his ill-advised rants. [:p]

Supersonic

my logical mind just can't accept life after death.

But can accept there are spirits/"ghosts" [laugh]

So what exactly are spirits and ghosts? Belief in them already makes you a non-materialist.

Hypersonic

Noone who has read Dante's Inferno would make an elementary mistake like that. The very First Circle (Limbo) is where the virtuous people who've rejected Christ reside.

isn't he just a poet? from the documentaries i've watched, he took a lot of artistic liberty to embellish the concept.

It's like saying the adventures of narnia is the story within the bible

Nope.... He is like CEO.

Turbocharged

the church has been around longer than the pope and it will be around once he is gone. thats how i see it at least ...

Hypersonic
(edited)

Actually this

The current theological confusion began after the leader of the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics made comments during the homily of his morning Mass on Wednesday, May 22, indicating that atheists would enjoy the fruits of eternal salvation if they were good people.

and this is quite different. agree with Tjkbeluga

Francis said:

The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! ‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone!

We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all! And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: we need that so much. We must meet one another doing good. ‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.

Edited by Lala81

Twincharged

my logical mind just can't accept life after death.

But can accept there are spirits/"ghosts" [laugh]

Is it more logical to think that there is a higher/ supernatural being or the universe is all that it is and we are just mere products of random chemistry?