2006 Mercedes C180 vs 2005 BMW 520 or 2006 Mercedes S280

_h_r_

Actually if one is really rich , people won't really ask whether if second hand or not. Have friends which wears fake rolexs at time and no one questions whether if it is real.

Same for cars , if one is genuine rich , even if he buys a second hand Camry no one will say anything . That said , the new mercs and contis are exp and have a pretty steep depreciation for one which is just looking for face value .

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

If image is so important then get a new car,

no one will say he is poor.

How to pretend to be rich if can only

buy a second hard car?

The vain and image conscious always

have to spend more money than they really need to.

The kind of customer all salesmen love.

:D

He has retired and does not wish to spend so much money on a car. Anyway, most ppl just look at the car and see the brand and whether chio/big or not. No one really knows or bothers when you bought it.

Edited by _h_r_

Learn how to count dep.

S class dep 700/month? Then vios dep 100/month ah? Haha

go check sg carmart 2005/2006 depreciation

go check sg carmart 2005/2006 depreciation

Brudder, ur fig r monthly??

No need to go sgcarmart we can oso roughly know the range

JAp used cars oreadi in 6000 up per year oreadi

If bought brand new when Coe low oso 5000 up range

Brudder, ur fig r monthly??

No need to go sgcarmart we can oso roughly know the range

JAp used cars oreadi in 6000 up per year oreadi

If bought brand new when Coe low oso 5000 up range

monthly

monthly

Ok, btw majority use per year to calculate dep

Later I see really c180 8000+ per year meh [;)]

Btw u r sis leh n now ur dad drives a Lexus?? 250/300??

You single ?? I'm 23 fit n shy [:p]

799*12 =9500+

Add no take back , why not?

Respect you, u squeeze to max 799 Liao still get 9500

Bro u know how far if toking abt dep from 9500-11000 anot

Yawn nvm no point explain to u

(edited)

Give _h_r_ a little bit of slack la, since he helping his Dad

1) it is possible to get depreciation of 600-800 a month on cars near end of COE life. Dealers may not post it but if you bargain on certain cars, can get it.

On a side note , if you tell the dealer full cash, the price may go up as he will need to cover back the interest comission

2) I can empathize with his Dad thinking on getting a nicer car, even though it is older

Not everyone wants to buy a new car and burn all that money

Many buy 2-3 yr old fancy cars like Porsches etc because they save money. People will still think you drive a Porsche.

Same for an older Mercedes. As long as you drive a Mercedes, the general public will still look at you when you drive past and call you a rich a-----e

3) It is alright to like a bit of face. All humans have some vanity. Without vanity, you will not have drive/motivation

So different people show abit of vanity differently. Some buy a branded car. Some watches. Some by how much weight they can bench. Some how fast they run. Some how well they cook.

So his dad is just like you and me

Edited by Aventador

Supercharged

It's okay to get old cars. More value for money as first 7 yrs of depcreation is the most.

However current Coe is high N ultimately makes these older rides more "expensive".

I myself is tempted to get a 6-7yrs old 523. But prob for me, I spend like 40000km a yr on the road. The chances of a breakdown with a bmw is so much higher. Haha

It's okay to get old cars. More value for money as first 7 yrs of depcreation is the most.

However current Coe is high N ultimately makes these older rides more "expensive".

I myself is tempted to get a 6-7yrs old 523. But prob for me, I spend like 40000km a yr on the road. The chances of a breakdown with a bmw is so much higher. Haha

Wa. breakdown not so frequent la. fuel would cost a bomb. Let me help you calculate. [wave]

40k per yr is about 3,300 km per mth. Fc for 523 is abt 7.6km/l, 50% highway.

Every time you pump full tank when reserve light lighted, 60l. So yo need to pump abt 7x.

So... Your petrol bill is about $113 x 7 =$796. [wave]

(edited)

Respect you, u squeeze to max 799 Liao still get 9500

Bro u know how far if toking abt dep from 9500-11000 anot

Yawn nvm no point explain to u

Dude 06 , OMv for merc 280 are probably in the range of 80k you at least take back roughly 50-60k of that value and if you include scrap , so if the car is sold around 80-90k why not?

Coe at that time is low i think around 16k as compared to People driving cars with 80k Coe is paying 8k per year on the paper alone not including interest so I don't know you know more.

Dude people counting dep not maintainance .

Edited by CH_CO

Dude 06 , OMv for merc 280 are probably in the range of 80k you at least take back roughly 50-60k of that value and if you include scrap , so if the car is sold around 90k why not?

Dude, I not so free do sums, u free u do it , I jus saw sgcarmart they themselves state 11000 per year

I oso wish to upgrade to s280 if dep only 9.5 k as u n the gal say

Haha

Anyway, u win, I agree with you k

No need spoil ea other weekend cheers

[:p]

↡ Advertisement