How much is too much power for street?

Strudel-

How much is too much power for street?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. How much is too much power for street?

• < 100whp
    • 100whp to 199whp
    • 200whp to 299whp
    • 300whp to 399whp
    • 400whp to 499whp
    • 500whp to 600whp
    • > 600whp

If cars are cheap in countries like australia, why play illegal mod? Might as well get a M3 or what and it will be more than whatever you can handle.

If cars are cheap in countries like australia, why play illegal mod? Might as well get a M3 or what and it will be more than whatever you can handle.

Because M3s are over a 100k (new 135 are still around 80k IIRC) and interest rate here is around 15%?

Because M3s are over a 100k (new 135 are still around 80k IIRC) and interest rate here is around 15%?

Exactly. OZ and NZ imports (especially German imports) are expensive. Not crazy expensive like Singapore (we're No. 1, yay!!! <_< ), but expensive nonetheless.

The only cheap performance cars in OZ are the local made ones like the Holdens. In any case, the OZs are almost insanely strict about speeding, far more so than Singapore. And they have absolutely NO sense of humour or flexibility, whereas there is at least a little leeway in Sg.

The 2 main countries with rather cheap cars are the UK and the US. Of those two, I'd take the former because the UK is far more liberal about the sort of cars it allows on the roads and the car models imported into the country.

Turbocharged

In the range from 300 - 600 with weight not exceeding 1.5 tons will be good. That's coming from someone who likes the very occasional long distance drive

In the range from 300 - 600 with weight not exceeding 1.5 tons will be good. That's coming from someone who likes the very occasional long distance drive

Similar. About 450 hp and about 600NM/kg in a 1400-1450kg package (car length 4.6-4.7) and AWD. No need max torque at 1200 like some of the newest DI Turbos. As long as get 50% of the max torque below 2000rpm is drivable enough for me.*

*Totally linear power is of course with a lot of benefits but I prefer a bit of old school kick in the pants explosive power as you rev up.

then again, a stock car that can produce 500bhp normally are very easily control with all the technology in it happy.gif compare with other "normal stock car"

Really? I recall not long ago of this valet that crashed a lambo ploughing through other cars... [dizzy]

Really? I recall not long ago of this valet that crashed a lambo ploughing through other cars... [dizzy]

You try to make something idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

• Praise 1

You try to make something idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

That wasn't my point.

I was trying to say that with a lot of power, its pretty easy to loose control.

That much power is only good in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.

Exactly. OZ and NZ imports (especially German imports) are expensive. Not crazy expensive like Singapore (we're No. 1, yay!!! dry.gif ), but expensive nonetheless.

The only cheap performance cars in OZ are the local made ones like the Holdens. In any case, the OZs are almost insanely strict about speeding, far more so than Singapore. And they have absolutely NO sense of humour or flexibility, whereas there is at least a little leeway in Sg.

The 2 main countries with rather cheap cars are the UK and the US. Of those two, I'd take the former because the UK is far more liberal about the sort of cars it allows on the roads and the car models imported into the country.

I am concur with the point of OZ and NZ being insanely strict about speeding. Got a speeding ticket in NZ for exceeding local speed limit of 50km/h when I was travelling at 65km/h. I was unfamiliar with the roads therefore I was looking out for directions/road signs instead of the speedometer. No chance given. damn.

I am concur with the point of OZ and NZ being insanely strict about speeding. Got a speeding ticket in NZ for exceeding local speed limit of 50km/h when I was travelling at 65km/h. I was unfamiliar with the roads therefore I was looking out for directions/road signs instead of the speedometer. No chance given. damn.

driving on SIngapore/Malaysia road, if weight <1.5ton car, then power <150bhp is enough,

driving on SIngapore/Malaysia road, if weight <1.5ton car, then power <150bhp is enough,

It is always good to have more pwr than less power.

• Praise 3

Guess in terms of adequate for street use.

100hp per ton.

↡ Advertisement