Property investment and quality of air?

Windwaver

So far, every time our neighbor gives us some 'poisonous' air, I notice the western part of Singapore especially Tuas and Jurong kena the most. That is a no brainer given the fact that area is nearest to where the fire is burning.

I brought this up because many property investors that I come across seem not to put that into consideration at all.

What do you guys think? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

So far, every time our neighbor gives us some 'poisonous' air, I notice the western part of Singapore especially Tuas and Jurong kena the most. That is a no brainer given the fact that area is nearest to where the fire is burning.

I brought this up because many property investors that I come across seem not to put that into consideration at all.

err... uncle you can see google map or not? singapore so small and the fire is so far away that it does not really matter.

you want the price to drop so that you can pick some cheap stuff huh????................ [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

you want the price to drop so that you can pick some cheap stuff huh????................ [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Wah liao, of course NOT my friend. I'm just surprise that most people didn't put that into their list of consideration.

Seriously, the foul air is something that can be very harmful. PSI is one thing, at least we can SEE it but PM2.5 is another thing.

For those who are not sure what PM2.5 is;

Taken from http://www.epa.gov/pmdesignations/faq.htm

"Particles less than 2.5 micrometers in diameter (PM2.5) are referred to as "fine" particles and are believed to pose the greatest health risks. Because of their small size (approximately 1/30th the average width of a human hair), fine particles can lodge deeply into the lungs"

er please check the PSI readings. The entire island is almost the same in PSI readings. DOesnt matter where u stay

Think I saw somewhere in the day it's the west (maybe yesterday). I just took another look and this time is the SOUTH lol, all the $$ areas.

5paq.jpg

on average everywhere in SG impacted la ... property price shouldn't be affected so much. unless u see one part of SG damn damn black while the other side damn swee with green grass, rainbow, butterfly and kids running around smiling

BTW, the latest news is that our neighbor is blaming us for the burning too because of those palm oil companies that had invested in Indonesia [laugh] . Who invested in palm oil there quickly own up [:p]

(edited)

I know him..........but he don't know me [:p]

The son of a fishmonger, Peter Lim was educated at the Raffles Institution and obtained a degree in accountancy at the University of Western Australia. Singapore's Sunday Times described him as "publicity shy" and supporting education without seeking the spotlight, having worked as a cab driver, a cook and a waiter during his university days.[3][4]

Lim became a stockbroker for mainly Indonesian clients. His successful returns earned him the nickname "Remisier King" (Singapore term for stockbroker).

In 1996, he became a fulltime investor, investing $10 million in palm oil producer Wilmar International, now valued at $700 million

Edited by Staff69

I know him..........but he don't know me [:p]

The son of a fishmonger, Peter Lim was educated at the Raffles Institution and obtained a degree in accountancy at the University of Western Australia. Singapore's Sunday Times described him as "publicity shy" and supporting education without seeking the spotlight, having worked as a cab driver, a cook and a waiter during his university days.[3][4]

Lim became a stockbroker for mainly Indonesian clients. His successful returns earned him the nickname "Remisier King" (Singapore term for stockbroker).

In 1996, he became a fulltime investor, investing $10 million in palm oil producer Wilmar International, now valued at $700 million

actually his gains pale in comparison to those from Motley Fool. Wa lau, few thousand times, from Amazon to Netflix

avoid jurong properties just to delay 30 min of smoke reaching ur property in east?