Aircon filter air flow

Tinytok

Hi Masters,

I got a questions on aircon filter airflow direction.

We place the aircon filter behind the glove compartment, which direction is the air going?

Is it being suck out of the car thru the filter or is it being push into the car thru the filter?

Thanks for looking.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi Masters,

We place the aircon filter behind the glove compartment, which direction is the air going?

Is it being suck out of the car thru the filter or is it being push into the car thru the filter?

Thanks for looking.

I dun know abt ur car. My car aircon tray when take out will indicate the airflow direction with an arrow. Fit ur aircon filter in the same direction as indicated on the filter itself. Tats so simple.

(edited)

Normally the purpose of the aircon filter is to reduce the dirt from going through the cooling coil so that less cleaning is required so it is placed at the inlet side before cooling coil.

Same goes for the air con in out home

For my car is inlet>> filter>> blower>> cooling coil

Edited by Boxster

hi bro

For most japanese cars..the blower is located just below the filter

if there is an indication ink jet printing on the filter, the arrow normally point down. u would need to install the filter with the arrow pointing down.

the arrow represents air flow which meant that the air flow is coming from below..which is the blower is located beaneth the air con filter.

dont ask me why, its the standard with alot of air con filters.

always install the ac filters with the arrow facing down...

hi bro

For most japanese cars..the blower is located just below the filter

if there is an indication ink jet printing on the filter, the arrow normally point down. u would need to install the filter with the arrow pointing down.

the arrow represents air flow which meant that the air flow is coming from below..which is the blower is located beaneth the air con filter.

dont ask me why, its the standard with alot of air con filters.

always install the ac filters with the arrow facing down...

For mine was it fit to one direction only no other then the actual can enter.

Supercharged

Hi Masters,

Thanks for looking.

It does not really matter if your air flow design is up or down as long as you have a filter in place. You'll know its working if you see dirt on the filter during replacement intervals.

This filter is typically designed to filter air entering into the vehicle to keep the blower & cooling element clean during operation.

The air flow is downwards. The fan is sucking the air through the filter. Above the filter is the recirculation flap. If you remove the filter you can actually see the flap in action when you press the button.

Some filters have activated carbon. The activated carbon side should be facing the bottom, i.e. after the rest of the filter.

The airflow is from ur blower to upwards.

Not suction.....

U can remove ur filter

Put ur hand in the air con filter slot and check whether it's suction or blowing out.

I would say its blowing out air...blower at bottom, filter above blower....

Bro

Some filters comes with plastic frame design so it really does matter to follow the direction of the air flow else the filter does not fit in properly or is forcefully fitted in....

(edited)

Conclusion, different car different designs, some blow up, some down, some sideway, some blower, some suction.

Logically, it should blow down to trap dirt, if blow up, once blower stops blowing, dirt would fall off, tio bo? The one in my car blows down.

Edited by Voodooman

(edited)

Using hand is not accurate. Your hand can't tell direction well.

I used a piece of paper. From there I would know which direction it blows. It makes sense to blow down since your recirculation flap is above, just below the wiper. That's why you can find leaves stuck at the aircon filter.

And I did this on two cars. One korean one jap.

Edited by Caravan
↡ Advertisement