Starhub Free viewing

Christan

As I mentioned previously, I’m more into sports n so from sports perspective, Mio channels have gone backwards for sure. They used to show La Liga games n now no more for 1-2 yrs already. Celtic v Rangers n Championship games have also been removed progressively, this is on top of the previously mentioned Eurosports n Setanta.

For me, all the sports i wana watch still available. BPL, F1, Formula E, Powerboat and UFC. Also the occasional Asian Festival of speed, watching those small cc motorcycle race around asian circuits.

↡ Advertisement

next SH free preview window : 8Aug(12pm) to 13 Aug.

Mio TV is 2nd Aug to 12th Aug, including BPL opening matches.

Yesterday already started.

post-2654-0-29057900-1533265596_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adrianli

Turbocharged

next SH free preview window : 8Aug(12pm) to 13 Aug.

Singtel TV free 140 channels viewing from 2 to 12 Aug. Woohoo.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Singtel TV free 140 channels viewing from 2 to 12 Aug. Woohoo.

last time I subscribe to Mio (becoz of the free 32" sony tv) ...

plugged the set in for 2 two weeks sparingly ... after that just unplugged it and wait for the next 23.5 months to pass by before returning it.

Turbocharged

last time I subscribe to Mio (becoz of the free 32" sony tv) ...

plugged the set in for 2 two weeks sparingly ... after that just unplugged it and wait for the next 23.5 months to pass by before returning it.

Was a StarHub TV customer for many many years. Just switched to singtel TV only a month back. Been enjoying free channels since then.

I am not into this air transmission and digit TV thing. I know tax payers pay for the running of SCV cables for the entire island some years back. Signal are being transmitted via cable to homes.

Why now got this digital thing that we must change TV leh? Once upon a time we received from this SCV cable why cannot use leh?

Supersonic

I am not into this air transmission and digit TV thing. I know tax payers pay for the running of SCV cables for the entire island some years back. Signal are being transmitted via cable to homes.

Why now got this digital thing that we must change TV leh? Once upon a time we received from this SCV cable why cannot use leh?

Upgrade lor.

yeah i understand  didn't we cable up island wide except those in the city? I paid $2200 to run the cable into my house. so these cable come Jan 2019 no use liao? 

also, aren't we all fibre ready also? so, cannot watch tv on computer? 

yeah i understand didn't we cable up island wide except those in the city? I paid $2200 to run the cable into my house. so these cable come Jan 2019 no use liao?

also, aren't we all fibre ready also? so, cannot watch tv on computer?

I am watching TV streamed from iPad

Hey guys.. I subscribe starhub cale tv basic channel. $35 per month.

Went to recontract SH mobile.. Sametime oso recontract SH TV. Wah SH giving me Free.. Free 1GB fibre for 24months.

Free linksys router.. Waiver of activation fee and free cat5 cable lay from router to my TV point.

Those on basic TV plan can go ask SH.

Twincharged

this is the "new" setup ... back to using the ONT box. No more using the cable point liow.

only down side is SH voice line gotta pay $2/mth. (M1 is free and no ONT box)

iptv-single-set-top-box-set-up.jpg

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 2

this is the "new" setup ... back to using the ONT box. No more using the cable point liow.

only down side is SH voice line gotta pay $2/mth. (M1 is free and no ONT box)

iptv-single-set-top-box-set-up.jpg

My home has SH cable TV.

Internet using Singnet.  Phone line using Singtel.

The option of phone line separating from internet was given when installing the Singnet fiber plan few years ago.

Told Singtel staff that the home phone need to work even if internet not working.

Phone charges would only incur if make/receive calls. No quarterly line charges.

Didn't study how they install the wiring.

Now I have a better understanding of the set-up. Thanks for the diagram.

• Praise 1

I think Starhub is doing away cable because lots of abuse, thus they losing a lot of business.

1. Chiong cable box that able to illegally decode.

2. 1 person subscribe with multiple boxes and share with relatives.

With fibre, they eradicate above both scenarios.

My experience with the cable box was good and it was very smooth and fast to use.

The fiber box that I now have is like shit. Laggy and got to wait for a few seconds after pressing the remote button then the TV program moves.

Twincharged

I think Starhub is doing away cable because lots of abuse, thus they losing a lot of business.

1. Chiong cable box that able to illegally decode.

2. 1 person subscribe with multiple boxes and share with relatives.

With fibre, they eradicate above both scenarios.

my colleague uses option 2 ... not illegal, but ....

he sub 3 set-tops at with all the channels @ 1 price + pay the fees for the 3 boxes and then share with his relatives !!

Wah lau so if I have 3 set top boxes in different rooms, need to pull 3 network cables to each room?

i am guessing SH might come up with wifi-transmission and decoding soon to eliminate the cabling issue.