Starhub Free viewing

Christan

i am ok with them since i only subscribe to basic mandarin channels for my mum to view whole day, i went on without contract for 1.5 yrs until last week then i renew with the upgrade to 1 Gbps internet and tv.

i get to watch the taiwan variety shows and korean drama can liao [laugh][laugh]

If you are on Starhub, get their Starhub Go app, $1 per month only. Singtel charges $6.90 per month. Then can watch anywhere. Data usage is abt 700mb for 1 hour.

So if you got data to burn or other half watching, you can use the app. It also has catch-up tv for those past shows.

↡ Advertisement

Nowadays more and more Chinese channels are replaced with Korean ? Strange that Korean channels are part of Chinese group ..  [hur]

KBS World (HD)2 Ch 815

Oh!K HD Ch 816

ONE (HD)2 Ch 823

ONE (English) Ch 820

ONE On Demand HD2 Ch 850

tvN (HD)2 Ch 824

tvN VOD HD2 Ch 850

they can't group them elsewhere, also have 2 japanese channels. If they take these korean programs away then i will kpkb liao   [laugh]

this yr they dont show many Badminton Open Live.....knn.....one of my favourite event. Show Tennis and Golf Live but i dont like this sports!

I also don't like to see games played by men with small balls.

:D

I also don't like to see games played by men with small balls.

:D

see man holding small green balls is also not my cup of tea......same goes for seeing adults rushing to put their white balls into a cup in the middle of nowhere.....hahaha!

Did you get free World Cup channels ? Renew HomeHub Plus now got free World Cup.

Dun think is free unless you trade off some of the freebies. Anyway I not into soccer [laugh]

So far only received letter to "explain" why they are ngeow and that's why no more discovery channel. Upsold some replacement channels that I have never even heard of. 

Nothing in the letter offering those under contract to break without penalty.  <_<

These affected subscribers can exit their StarHub pay-TV service contracts without paying any early termination charges, as provided for under the code.

IMDA is closely monitoring StarHub's handling of this termination to ensure it complies with the code.

IMDA understands that StarHub has notified its affected subscribers and is also taking additional active measures to address their subscribers' concerns, including bill rebates, free preview and replacement channels.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Already returned both Starhub boxes liao. For me, no penalty cos i am out of contract for 6 months already.

Now, $80+ per month to my own savings.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Already returned both Starhub boxes liao. For me, no penalty cos i am out of contract for 6 months already.

Now, $80+ per month to my own savings.

Is there a crowd to return boxes? I am doing it next Saturday when my contract end.

Btw just walk in can terminate oredi?

No crowd. I went to Vivo branch. They will ask for reason. I said no Discovery channel. The counter gal just say ok and took back the boxes, cables and remote!

Remember to bring the remote othrrwise it is chargeable. The guy beside me forgot to bring the remote.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

i've also terminated early jul. only thing i miss on starhub is bbc earth. other than that, no loss whatsoever.

for those returning your boxes, please bring everything listed in their website. i even brought along their given white/red/green and red/yellow/white cables. never used as i was using my own hdmi cable.

waiting time on a weekday lunchtime at plaza sing was around 15 min. processing time is 5 min.

• Praise 1

i've also terminated early jul. only thing i miss on starhub is bbc earth. other than that, no loss whatsoever.

for those returning your boxes, please bring everything listed in their website. i even brought along their given white/red/green and red/yellow/white cables. never used as i was using my own hdmi cable.

waiting time on a weekday lunchtime at plaza sing was around 15 min. processing time is 5 min.

I even brought along the original box that holds the set top box.

For Singtel, when i return the set top box, the guy was good to return me the hdmi and lan cable. He say he just need the set top box and remote. Starhub wants every single item back.

Turbocharged
(edited)

I even brought along the original box that holds the set top box.

For Singtel, when i return the set top box, the guy was good to return me the hdmi and lan cable. He say he just need the set top box and remote. Starhub wants every single item back.

Edited by Kxbc

Turbocharged

You guys returning upon contract end right? Any experience yet with early termination?

i was out of contract for many years already. you can check if you are still in contract by logging into Onehub.

↡ Advertisement