Air purifiers

So_nice

How do u rate Amway's Atmosphere?

Amway is MLM, so you get a lot of excellent reviews on the net.

Can't understand why air purifiers in Singapore are so expensive relative to the same model sold in the states, it costs like 3 to 4 times more, incredible.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Can't understand why air purifiers in Singapore are so expensive relative to the same model sold in the states, it costs like 3 to 4 times more, incredible.

the asian brands should be pretty ok leh. Like sharp which is the most common japanese brand here.

heard air purifier very power consuming, on aircon and purifier together like double the electricity [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

I think pple can go online to say its good but ultimately readers will compare base on specs

Cars in singapore also expensive but pple still buy

heard air purifier very power consuming, on aircon and purifier together like double the electricity [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

yup. to run it 24-7 i think is just below aircon... Cos are essentially using a fan to pull air through the hepa filter which is not easy to pass through.

I think pple can go online to say its good but ultimately readers will compare base on specs

Cars in singapore also expensive but pple still buy

Anyway i think the ones with humidifiers are > $400 SGD easily.

The prices i saw in USA are not cheap also.

honeywell in USA is already one of the cheapest brands. Presumably cos of

1. simple technology (noisy fan etc)

2. they intend to make more money from filters rather than the device itself (just like how PS3 and xbox sold below cost price)...

Anyway i think the ones with humidifiers are > $400 SGD easily.

The prices i saw in USA are not cheap also.

honeywell in USA is already one of the cheapest brands. Presumably cos of

1. simple technology (noisy fan etc)

2. they intend to make more money from filters rather than the device itself (just like how PS3 and xbox sold below cost price)...

Gd point... so if wanna talk abt cost better consider usage over 5 or 10yrs...

Supercharged

honestly speaking, i won't mind buying a sharp plasmacluster if it's available in singapore easily but i'm guessing its sold out pretty much when i checked few days ago. stuck at work, no time to go hunting around in the shops...

I am getting 2 from KL today....

More ex In KL than SG but SG won't have stock in the next few weeks.

I am getting 2 from KL today....

More ex In KL than SG but SG won't have stock in the next few weeks.

lol fill up your car ... i'm pretty sure the johor people have been looking around for them also.

Any recommendation? Looking for something for the car and also household..thx

definitely Honeywell true hepa air cleaners.... been using it for more than 15 years....very effective but a bit noisy though...

Turbocharged

lol fill up your car ... i'm pretty sure the johor people have been looking around for them also.

skali tio customs check and they make you do naked squats. [laugh]

Turbocharged

honestly speaking, i won't mind buying a sharp plasmacluster if it's available in singapore easily but i'm guessing its sold out pretty much when i checked few days ago. stuck at work, no time to go hunting around in the shops...

i'm using one. fuy-30. the last unit on display actually.. :wacko:

they have ion and only a hepa filter.

3 speed fan, quite quiet at fastest speed, and decently strong.

one thing about the filter.. its not carbon or multi-layer like some other brands.

i pasted another carbon filter in front of the stock filter.. sorta act as a pre-filter and hopefully the stock filter lasts longer.

the amway one imo is an overkill unless someone in the family got sensitive conditions.

(edited)

Some car model should have build in cabin air filter, please chk and replace where necessary.

Those travel to China may want to buy from there, get local brand hi end model.

Use to have one that come with Pre, carbon and HEPA filter and ionizer.

Tested back in Sin with one of those MLM purifier, the mLM show room had an instrument that test particle, the result of the China make was just as good at one tenth of the price.

Edited by GoodCar

Supercharged

Cannot... I law abiding citizen...

2 adults, over 48hr... Max 2 units.

But now looking at the traffic cams... causeway Jam so bad.... [:(]

i'm using one. fuy-30. the last unit on display actually.. :wacko:

they have ion and only a hepa filter.

3 speed fan, quite quiet at fastest speed, and decently strong.

one thing about the filter.. its not carbon or multi-layer like some other brands.

i pasted another carbon filter in front of the stock filter.. sorta act as a pre-filter and hopefully the stock filter lasts longer.

Yup. Just ensure there's some sort of pre-filter can liao. Americans also augment their own filters. They seem to have a lot of fireplace filter material which are good and cheap. They use that to filter off soot [;)]

Some car model should have build in cabin air filter, please chk and replace where necessary.

Those travel to China may want to buy from there, get local brand hi end model.

Use to have one that come with Pre, carbon and HEPA filter and ionizer.

Tested back in Sin with one of those MLM purifier, the mLM show room had an instrument that test particle, the result of the China make was just as good at one tenth of the price.

Need to bring back many replacement filters too unless u go there often.

Decent read over here. Now I understand car purifier is an overkill so long we have good grade

Air con filters..

Now I guess need an air purifier for the house..sharp, Honeywell..philips..Samsung..Panasonic..

I think osim also haf. Dunno the stores still got stocks bo.

↡ Advertisement