Air purifiers

So_nice

Sharp i'm comparing to the local ones. Think its the FU-A28E and FU-Y30E.

The models i'm interested in are only 100-200 dollars but may have higher running costs over long term (which is what caveat emptor). But i do want to use these things when the haze comes back yearly.

Hi,

thank you for framing up the comparison scope. i too agree that certain honeywell models has better price-value over Sharp ones. but in this case of comparing a online purchase vs a local purchase. the local mark up will certainly be there and it should also be pointed out in making this comparison. it seems that the

"Honeywell 17000 selling for S$645 at Best Denki in Ngee Ann City." [unquote] some time ago.

for the record, i only wish to share the details with all. And i have owned and used both brands.

mice

↡ Advertisement

Another good brand to consider is Blueair, but it is very ex. Almost bought one but didn't, regret.

Another thing I heard about ion is that it tie itself to particles in the air and make it sink onto the floor, but if you breathes in the ionize particle, it will be very difficult to get it out. Scary!

I'm cooped up at home for the last week or so and have boosted up my mum's Honeywell with 2 Sharp plasma clusters. Lucky to have a good friend working at B**t D**ki and managed to grab the 2 Sharp air purifiers before stock ran out. At least have some clean fresh air during this hazy peroid before heading back to sushi land. Next time must plan properly coming back for visit.

IQ air purifier also sold out. Now is under pre-order. Stock only coming in a week time. Not cheap. One unit costing 2.568K. The distributer is in Joo Koon, supratechnic.

tel: 6862 2100

I was down at Allergy System Management on Friday. Think they are the Honeywell distributor. All stock sold out. A lot of people went down but went back empty handed. They have on hand a stack of orders which will take time to fulfil.

heard air purifier very power consuming, on aircon and purifier together like double the electricity [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

not really... i used both every night ... and my Electrical bill less than $150

Will hang around for car ones too. For the home, I have read often that honeywell and sharp are the brands to buy.

honeywell pure HEPA [thumbsup] willing to spend more go for BlueAir!! best in the market sweden brand and 100% made in sweden that why cost twice Honeywell.

BTW I dun like Sharp cause using plasma ion....... some people smell "plasma air" can have headache

(edited)

Any recommendation? Looking for something for the car and also household..thx

no use la..unless u really 24h stay in car or house..cannot rite?

Edited by Proton

hi,

could the writer point out which sharp model is the comparison made against ? its like comparing Caltex Petrol vs Shell Vpower, and claiming Caltex no power...

also, there are Sharp models with/without pre-filters before the HEPA.

thanks

Sharp got no 100% Hepa. Hepa like or whatever marketing wrongs mean no Hepa. must look out for "True Hepa"

BTW Honeywell look big and bulky but it get the job done. reason so big because use big motor thus effective to draw air in.

many japanese brand design look good but actual motor also very small just like most japanese car...... I view function or look for air purifier

big purifier with good look design and big motor, BlueAir but cost 2x honeywell but very very effective

heard air purifier very power consuming, on aircon and purifier together like double the electricity [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

I on my Honeywell 18450 model 24/7 never off it since I bought, electricity bill up by average $40+

Neutral Newbie

I on my Honeywell 18450 model 24/7 never off it since I bought, electricity bill up by average $40+

May I ask how much did you pay for your Honeywell? Thanks.

Supersonic

May I ask how much did you pay for your Honeywell? Thanks.

Just bought a Honeywell 50250 from Amazon, US$149.95. Delivery on 26 Jun.

↡ Advertisement