Air purifiers

So_nice

called a friend in malaysia is selling IqAir Healthpro 250 Air Purifier for RM4812 and stock coming in next week

based on exchange rate of 2.5...it cost less than S$2K ..that is a saving of $600 as compared with the distributor price here

good savings. But think most of us just want a toyota. Not mercedes [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

If can wait. Next week got black Friday sales. Should be cheaper on amazon

? thought black friday is in november? :blink:

If can wait. Next week got black Friday sales. Should be cheaper on amazon

u must be mistaken la....dont think there is a black friday sale on June....are u referring to the independence day sale?

Does Bluair remove odours? Looking for one that will do that...

If you are looking for odour removal, some of the better models, comes with odour / dust sensor that detects its presence and is able to switch its operating mode for a short span of time till the smell or dust is gone before changing to the normal mode.

try this: go to a "clean" room with an air purifier operating, let go a fart( or apply some scented moisturizer or cream ) . And see how long before it reacts, and how long before the smell its gone. In some models even the odourless farts can also be picked up by them and cleaned.

mice

You are right Bro, I changed from a Honeywell to a BlueAir 403 since one year ago & I leave it on 24/7.

The BlueAir has more settings to adjust air flow & it also works great to get rid of Food Smell or Pet Hair.

BTW...Can you tell me the brand of that watch on your Avatar...It looks cool... [cool]

[laugh] just bought this watch 1 month ago. Suunto Elementum Terra All Black.

http://www.suunto.com/elementumterraallblack/

Now GSS Suunto having 30% off can buy at bras basah prestige time or The bencoolen at bencoolen st

(edited)

Did you pay 1.6k for your BlueAir...or has the prices been given the "special" haze premium? I'm looking at the website and the only stock available is the 1.8k++ version!

$1.6k is the 600 series cover surface area 698 sq ft. ChowRenFat model 403 is retailing at $900+ cover 365 sq ft

http://usa.blueair.com/air-purifiers/400-series/403

http://usa.blueair.com/air-purifiers/600-series/650e

Edited by D3badge

called a friend in malaysia is selling IqAir Healthpro 250 Air Purifier for RM4812 and stock coming in next week

based on exchange rate of 2.5...it cost less than S$2K ..that is a saving of $600 as compared with the distributor price here

Good price there. Dunno why sg is so overpriced.

It is really weird to pay so much for a simple air purifier. Simple technology with fan and filter.

More likely paying the brand and fat profit.

lol this one is a very basic air purifier... this is what people in the west use to vent their fireplace lor. U can't really call this a purifier.

It's like calling passing river water through a cotton cloth water filtration.

lol this one is a very basic air purifier... this is what people in the west use to vent their fireplace lor. U can't really call this a purifier.

It's like calling passing river water through a cotton cloth water filtration.

serious question:

Can we use these type of hepa filter to filter water?

(today is air, tomorrow is water, better be ready :ph34r: )

serious question:

Can we use these type of hepa filter to filter water?

not really, HEPA is a standard set by U.S. and to qualify, it must block particles that have a size of 0.3 micron.

Water filtration can go as low as 0.1micron, 0.05micron and even 0.01micron filtration. So, i guess it is a different league.

Plus, dry filters cannot touch water, the fibres will change shape or lose its filtration abilty upon touching water...

one more thing to add, the 3m filtrete is nowhere near rated for hepa. This filter relies on static to attract the small particles. Unlike proper hepa filters that rely on tiny pores in the filter mesh to block out particles from going through.

not really, HEPA is a standard set by U.S. and to qualify, it must block particles that have a size of 0.3 micron.

Water filtration can go as low as 0.1micron, 0.05micron and even 0.01micron filtration. So, i guess it is a different league.

Plus, dry filters cannot touch water, the fibres will change shape or lose its filtration abilty upon touching water...

whoa!!! thanks man!!! i gonna hoot this one!!! [:p]

http://www.amazon.com/Vestergaard-Frandsen...iltration+straw