GPS Running watch to recommend

D3badge

(edited)

would like to hear review and feedback on GPS running watch for brudders whom are using here.

Garmin, suunto, polar, nike etc?

for myself mainly is for running to use it as a personal pacer to see my min/km and distance

I am looking at Suunto Ambit 2S but not in SG yet, dunno when will arrive thus want to keep an open mind at others brand

Edited by D3badge
↡ Advertisement

would like to hear review and feedback on GPS running watch for brudders whom are using here.

for myself mainly is for running to use it as a personal pacer to see my min/km and distance

I am looking at Suunto Ambit 2S but not in SG yet, dunno when will arrive thus want to keep an open mind at others brand

I am using Garmin 210 with hrm for the past 1 year. So far so good. The Garmin connect website sw is also very useful as you can upload your workout data and it will show your workout info like map, speed, monthly statistics etc.

The only compliant I have is it takes a few min to lock on the GPS signal before starting. So I use that time to do warm up exercises .

I am using Garmin 210 with hrm for the past 1 year. So far so good. The Garmin connect website sw is also very useful as you can upload your workout data and it will show your workout info like map, speed, monthly statistics etc.

The only compliant I have is it takes a few min to lock on the GPS signal before starting. So I use that time to do warm up exercises .

okie :) have you use ur garmin on any races? in term of gps distance measure garmin should be quite accurate yeah?

I am reading dc rainmaker review now hee hee

I use the free Nike+ app on my iphone. May not be as accurate as a dedicated running watch (although I am doubtful that the GPS in a running watch is magnitudes more accurate than the one in my phone), but can't beat the price for a casual jogger.

okie :) have you use ur garmin on any races? in term of gps distance measure garmin should be quite accurate yeah?

I did not run in race before, just use the 210 for my 5-10km evening runs.

I have another Garmin edge 500 that uses the cadence sensor on my bike to track distance. I have ever compared the 210 GPS distance vs the Edge 500 cadance distance. For a cycling distance of 30 km, the diff in readings is less than 500 m. So I think the Garmin 210 GPS reading should be very accurate. And it was the cheapest model in the Garmin GPS watch range.

And yes, I bought my Edge 500 and 210 after reading dcrainmaker review last year.

get the suunto ambit 1, reason being its the same as ambit 2 in terms of batt life (hence better than the 2S), and accuracy in measuring elevation compared to the other brands. but if u are thinking of using it for swim,cycle, run, then get the 2S or 2. if solely for running, get the 1 as it is cheaper now that the 2 is out.

I am using Soleus GPS 2.0, I think it is one of the cheapest GPS watch around as I only need to measure the distance and pace. Soleus GPS 3.0 comes with heart rate monitor.

get the suunto ambit 1, reason being its the same as ambit 2 in terms of batt life (hence better than the 2S), and accuracy in measuring elevation compared to the other brands. but if u are thinking of using it for swim,cycle, run, then get the 2S or 2. if solely for running, get the 1 as it is cheaper now that the 2 is out.

any shop to recommend? i dun like to buy online.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I am using garmin 910, bought it when it was launched in singapore ,very accurate with reasonale battery life. Easy to integrate with runkeeper, facebook and twitter :)

Had polar but passed it along to wife, lol

Edited by Dmzalarm

I am using garmin 910, bought it when it was launched in singapore ,very accurate with reasonale battery life. Easy to integrate with runkeeper, facebook and twitter :)

Had polar but passed it along to wife, lol

a friend show me garmin 610 he is using today, look good and easy to use. was told 400+ get from parisilk. now deciding between suunto and garmin.

a friend show me garmin 610 he is using today, look good and easy to use. was told 400+ get from parisilk. now deciding between suunto and garmin.

Currently, i m using FR405. This is my replacement unit under warranty. 1st unit battery uplorry 1 mth before warrranty expires.

Now i m thinking about Ambit2. Screen bigger.

FR610 is sexy.

My recommendation is don buy TIMEX...

the signal is the lousiest in the market...

Timex have an issue locating signal in the morning in Singapore and it's very fast to locate signal in the evening, rather strange....

If you have budget, you can check out the RCX5, separate GPS receiver, the watch can be kept on daily.

Also Runninglab having 15% off if you use UOB card.

Neutral Newbie

610 is the one with touch screen? it is good watch especially the battery life. you can wear it as a daily watch.

i choose 910 because of the support for multi sport and ANT, i can use it in gym with ANT enabled track mill.

610 is the one with touch screen? it is good watch especially the battery life. you can wear it as a daily watch.

i choose 910 because of the support for multi sport and ANT, i can use it in gym with ANT enabled track mill.

Avoid touch screen if possible, it's not easy to press when you are running.

↡ Advertisement