GPS Running watch to recommend

D3badge

Chinese wan dunno the water proof on the watch good or not. If sweat get into the circuit and you try to charge it...it might short circuit or have fireworks. Somemore I dun think they give warranty. You might end up spending even more.

I think some fitbit products come with built-in gps and it's not that ex, it doesn't fit your kind of budget. Why not consider it?

↡ Advertisement

Chinese wan dunno the water proof on the watch good or not. If sweat get into the circuit and you try to charge it...it might short circuit or have fireworks. Somemore I dun think they give warranty. You might end up spending even more.

I think some fitbit products come with built-in gps and it's not that ex, it doesn't fit your kind of budget. Why not consider it?

That's why phone is still the cheapest.

Fitbit is using "connected GPS" & close to 200 le.

Turbocharged

I saw the gadget show where they tested the samsung fitbit. No gps but uses gyrometer to estimate pace and distance. They compare distance to a top end gps watch and found it 5% off. Not bad.

In the end i bought geonaute gps watch from decathlon. Abt $100, accurate and so far no problems.

Edited by Karoon

I saw the gadget show where they tested the samsung fitbit. No gps but uses gyrometer to estimate pace and distance. They compare distance to a top end gps watch and found it 5% off. Not bad.

In the end i bought geonaute gps watch from decathlon. Abt $100, accurate and so far no problems.

Decathlon like simi also have for sports at cheaper rate..  Must checkout one day.

Anyone using Garmin 735XT? I'm still considering this model. Is the GPS reliable?

The high end garmin watches are considered one of the best (if not the best) in terms of GPS watches with HR monitors. really doubt you will go wrong with them.

Decathlon like simi also have for sports at cheaper rate..  Must checkout one day.

so far, the garmins and the tomtom runner cardio 3 (recommended by @adrianli) are the 2 most accurate wrist HR monitoring watches (based on reviews).

Edited by Lala81

The high end garmin watches are considered one of the best (if not the best) in terms of GPS watches with HR monitors. really doubt you will go wrong with them.

so far, the garmins and the tomtom runner cardio 3 (recommended by @adrianli) are the 2 most accurate wrist HR monitoring watches.

Thanks, cause I was looking at TomTom spark, but for the price, I've some reservations.

Thanks, cause I was looking at TomTom spark, but for the price, I've some reservations.

i was also considering the spark 3 cardio. maybe i'll wait for IT show in dec to see if got discount.

i was also considering the spark 3 cardio. maybe i'll wait for IT show in dec to see if got discount.

Ya, the $199 offer for one with gps, heart rate and mp3 player via Bluetooth, hard to resist. I may get this too if the next IT show has the same offer.

Ya, the $199 offer for one with gps, heart rate and mp3 player via Bluetooth, hard to resist. I may get this too if the next IT show has the same offer.

that one is the spark 1, now is spark 3 already, that's why so cheap. though i doubt the technology really change so much in 1-2 years.

Not sure if that offer will repeat if they cleared stock lol.

Edited by Lala81

that one is the spark 1, now is spark 3 already, that's why so cheap. though i doubt the technology really change so much in 1-2 years.

Not sure if that offer will repeat if they cleared stock lol.

But I can't stand the design of the spark 3. Lol. Can't imagine me wearing that daily. If it's just for run and swim I wouldn't mind, but I'm looking for something I can wear daily.
  • Praise 1

But I can't stand the design of the spark 3. Lol. Can't imagine me wearing that daily. If it's just for run and swim I wouldn't mind, but I'm looking for something I can wear daily.

oh ok, i don't wear a watch usually. So yeah i'm only using it for exercise.

oh ok, i don't wear a watch usually. So yeah i'm only using it for exercise.

I also only wear my GPS watch only when I run. I just want to conserve the battery life. 

Actually there's another cheap GPS/heartrate from Xiaomi can consider. The AmazFit  Pace. Look wise not bad, . One thing is on my wish list for a 2nd GPS watch is that it has a strong community support over at XDA forum and it's under $200. Support for STRAVA too for round face (PACE) version.

I also only wear my GPS watch only when I run. I just want to conserve the battery life.

Actually there's another cheap GPS/heartrate from Xiaomi can consider. The AmazFit Pace. Look wise not bad, . One thing is on my wish list for a 2nd GPS watch is that it has a strong community support over at XDA forum and it's under $200. Support for STRAVA too for round face (PACE) version.

Good point regarding the battery.

My wife also dont like my TomTom gps watch. She signed up for the National Steps Challenge and they gave her a fitbit type of wristband. Looks cool and nice.

Actually there's another cheap GPS/heartrate from Xiaomi can consider. The AmazFit Pace. Look wise not bad, . One thing is on my wish list for a 2nd GPS watch is that it has a strong community support over at XDA forum and it's under $200. Support for STRAVA too for round face (PACE) version.

Can u believe a very cheap xiaomi band2 HR monitoring is also quite accurate?

I had done a comparison when doing a lactic acid test and strap with HR device right at the heart and readings shown on a watch. The doctor asked me to slow jog for some distance and keep my HR in the range of 105 to 130.

At some intervals, I checked the HR readings on the watch against Mi band2 and to my surprise, most of the readings' differences do not deviate more than '+/-1'

Can u believe a very cheap xiaomi band2 HR monitoring is also quite accurate?

I had done a comparison when doing a lactic acid test and strap with HR device right at the heart and readings shown on a watch. The doctor asked me to slow jog for some distance and keep my HR in the range of 105 to 130.

At some intervals, I checked the HR readings on the watch against Mi band2 and to my surprise, most of the readings' differences do not deviate more than '+/-1'

the main issue with HR monitors is not the steady monitoring. It's the fast change if u doing interval training etc that tests the monitor.

That's where the more expensive wrist HR monitors come in.

↡ Advertisement