Non ionizer type of air purifiers?

Windwaver

Taken from Wiki

"Even the best ionisers will produce a small amount of ozone. At high concentrations, ozone can also be toxic to air-borne bacteria, and may destroy or kill these sometimes infectious organisms. However, the needed concentrations are toxic enough to humans and animals."

So in that case, are there air purifiers without ionizer but true HEPA?

↡ Advertisement

Taken from Wiki

"Even the best ionisers will produce a small amount of ozone. At high concentrations, ozone can also be toxic to air-borne bacteria, and may destroy or kill these sometimes infectious organisms. However, the needed concentrations are toxic enough to humans and animals."

get the honeywell air cleaners... they are the best in the market. 100% true HEPA.

I used to sell those when i was still schooling...whenever there was haze, i will hit way above my sales quota...but then of cos, when there is no haze, no one bother to even take a look at these products

Taken from Wiki

Yes Honeywell and pls refer to this thread for more information [;)]

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry4907160

Just like to confirm those ionizer type of air purifiers really so unhealthy with the ozone it creates huh? :blink:

(edited)

Fantastic thread.

Do you mean Honeywell HA170, 18200, 18250 or Blueair 203, 403, 650E?

in general Honeywell is the only one purely use Hepa technology as far as I know, blueair is very highly rated and very good in fact rate better than honeywell, but they also have a internally "charge" to bring down the particles inside their system, not sure is that ion

as for model, they function the same just cover different surface area. for me I like to buy the biggest surface area the model can cover thus gotten honeywell 18450

Edited by D3badge

Just like to confirm those ionizer type of air purifiers really so unhealthy with the ozone it creates huh? :blink:

cant answer u this, guess mainly people just more "cautious" or kiasu/kiasi. since suppose to be health related product than should stay away unnecessary risk

in general Honeywell is the only one purely use Hepa technology as far as I know, blueair is very highly rated and very good in fact rate better than honeywell, but they also have a internally "charge" to bring down the particles, not sure is that ion

as for model, they function the same just cover different surface area. for me I like to buy the biggest surface area the model can cover thus gotten honeywell 18450

I see. On average if you turn on 24/7 everyday, how long does it take to replace the filters? What's the running cost like?

cant answer u this, guess mainly people just more "cautious" or kiasu/kiasi. since suppose to be health related product than should stay away unnecessary risk

In that case, is Honeywell the ONLY brand that has totally no ionizing models?

I see. On average if you turn on 24/7 everyday, how long does it take to replace the filters? What's the running cost like?

machine just prom me to change pre-filter 1 week ago, thus seem like pre-filter every 3mth, hepa is around every 2 years. both will be prom by machine.

pre-filter is around $19.90 hepa high$100+++ both spare parts sell in best denki ngee ann and great world

machine just prom me to change pre-filter 1 week ago, thus seem like pre-filter every 3mth, hepa is around every 2 years. both will be prom by machine.

pre-filter is around $19.90 hepa high$100+++ both spare parts sell in best denki ngee ann and great world

That doesn't sound too expensive.

Any brothers here know if any aircon brands out there can also do air purification at the same time?

Fantastic thread.

Do you mean Honeywell HA170, 18200, 18250 or Blueair 203, 403, 650E?

One of the best selling models from honeywell are the EV series.... i am using the EV-35 model.

I change the pre-filter every year and the "core" hepa filter every 5 to 6 years since i dont on it unless there is haze.

when did honeywell air cleaners become so high-tech such that they can prompt you to change filters? Or are you refering to other brands?

when did honeywell air cleaners become so high-tech such that they can prompt you to change filters? Or are you refering to other brands?

not so high tech. it is based on usage (based on time you turn on the filter) then it will prompt you to change the filter.

blueair prompts but it is using a countdown timer. regardless how often you turn it on, the timer will ask you to change the filter every 1/2 year

not so high tech. it is based on usage (based on time you turn on the filter) then it will prompt you to change the filter.

blueair prompts but it is using a countdown timer. regardless how often you turn it on, the timer will ask you to change the filter every 1/2 year

So in other words if you don't use it that often, can ignore the warning huh?

maybe Honeywell came out with new models....those models that I used to sell do not have such advanced function to check usage. I used to sell those huge circular models

maybe Honeywell came out with new models....those models that I used to sell do not have such advanced function to check usage. I used to sell those huge circular models

Since you are so knowledgeable, can you give us a run down of the different models and their pros and cons?

So in other words if you don't use it that often, can ignore the warning huh?

in other words, for honeywell, it will not light up so soon if you dont use it often.

but for blueair, you can open and check the filter.

do you know whether the size of the filter materials are the same?

↡ Advertisement