Metallica coming back

1fast1

Turbocharged

I WILL go for this 'cos I missed the one in 2013 . . . . due to my indecisiveness!  [grin]

ya, try not to enter sandman and make quicker decisions next time ...  :grin:

• Praise 1

(edited)

FINALLY! I am at the concert venue for Metallica WorldWired Tour 2017 Singapore.

Any bro here?[wave]

Regrettably not feeling too well...again, sigh. Didn't want to tire myself out too much. Do let us know how it goes. Enjoy! \m/

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Regrettably not feeling too well...again, sigh. Didn't want to tire nmyself out too much. Do let us know how it goes. Enjoy! \m/

A very enjoyable concert indeed though it started slightly later at 8:30pm. Reached SIS at 7 and queues were already snaking at the various entrances. A security guy came up and announced very loudly "no ipads, no hero cams, no selfie sticks, no tnis no that" and that they will be conducting checks.

Started with the usual theme "Esctasy of Gold" . . . audience last night were quite fun and responsive, we yelled till we were hoarse . . . kek kek.

Kirk was in top form, Robert did a bass solo (damn cool with his crab walk), Lars was good but I thot James sounded a bit off, sounded like Doraemon haha not the usual like in the albums.

We were seated behind the sound engineers and could see that throughout the concert noise level was at 95-105 decibel range. One thump on the bass drum and we could feel the sonic BOOM coming right at us brushing against our faces.

Concert ended with Enter Sandman this time unlike in '93 when it was the first song. We left in a hurry just before the final song ended and OMG! It was raining heavily, we had no umbrella and had to make a dash to the car. Luckily I parked just next to the shelter and did not get drenched. Reached home 11:30pm, took a shower and had bread for supper.

Damn tired now but not as bad as in '93 when I went temporary deaf a day after concert. Last night we had tissue balls stuffed in the ears and music was okay and not jarring.

Good show indeed! Next stop . . . . Megadeth!

• Praise 6

Oh yeah....was seated at section 322. IMO, the use of laser was too much for a Metal concert. As expected, the crowd responds better when songs from older albums were played. The Hardwired album is nay for me maybe I had outgrown the age of Metal. Still prefer the days of Kill 'Em All & .....And Justice For All.

post-116534-0-14753200-1485140963_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

A very enjoyable concert indeed though it started slightly later at 8:30pm. Reached SIS at 7 and queues were already snaking at the various entrances. A security guy came up and announced very loudly "no ipads, no hero cams, no selfie sticks, no tnis no that" and that they will be conducting checks.

Started with the usual theme "Esctasy of Gold" . . . audience last night were quite fun and responsive, we yelled till we were hoarse . . . kek kek.

Kirk was in top form, Robert did a bass solo (damn cool with his crab walk), Lars was good but I thot James sounded a bit off, sounded like Doraemon haha not the usual like in the albums.

We were seated behind the sound engineers and could see that throughout the concert noise level was at 95-105 decibel range. One thump on the bass drum and we could feel the sonic BOOM coming right at us brushing against our faces.

Concert ended with Enter Sandman this time unlike in '93 when it was the first song. We left in a hurry just before the final song ended and OMG! It was raining heavily, we had no umbrella and had to make a dash to the car. Luckily I parked just next to the shelter and did not get drenched. Reached home 11:30pm, took a shower and had bread for supper.

Damn tired now but not as bad as in '93 when I went temporary deaf a day after concert. Last night we had tissue balls stuffed in the ears and music was okay and not jarring.

Good show indeed! Next stop . . . . Megadeth!

Sounds great bro, glad you enjoyed yourself. I was there in 93 also but one thing or another seems to keep me away.

In contrast I wasn't there for Megadeth's first gig, but I went for 13. And I'll be there for Dystopia, health and other factors willing.

You see, Metallica is just a pale shadow of what they used to be (I don't really like Hardwired except for Atlas Rise, and even that got boring fast). But Megadeth still puts out amazing music. I was absolutely blown away by the quality of Dystopia.

• Praise 1