Freak Car Accident

2BDriver

(edited)

so is before and after???

HDB fault for such stupiak design.

Almost all the HDB MCPs have this lousy design, it is very dnagerous for MPV and SUV. To aggravate the problem, HDB will paint all the parking along the outer wall side red, leaving the half height parking lots white for hourly parking. End up those hourly parking MPV and SUV have to be very careful when making reverse parking. Most of the time they are unable reverse the car fully into the lot. And when one just have to misjudge once , his car will be damaged. I drove full size MPV for 15 years, so i can understand the problem of the lady driver. Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Dislike 1

Poor design or not.

I still see vans as large as Toyota highace parked comfortably in MSCPs.

I don't see them reversing into these low overhang structures that is unique to the rows of lots in the middle.

Why? Because they are smart enough to know that with their high rear ends, sure hit the overhang structure one... So they cleverly choose lots that are along the outer row.

Problem solved (or avoided).

There are 2 types of lots in each mscp. Nobody point a gun at the lady to die die park her car in a lot that has low overhang. 

As @chowyunfatt always says, "cannot swim don't blame the swimming trunk too tight"  :D

• Praise 7

Twincharged

Reverse cameras cannot see the bar. Simply ask HDB to pay for damages for their flawed designs. Don’t pay, sue to claim damages. This is clearly HDB fault.

my friend kenah private car park also ... the bar on the ground kenah langgah so many time until uprooted on side and my friend sway sway reversed his car on the edge of the bar and the edge cut right through his 1 month old 17" tire !! cost him $400 just to replace the tire.

after that i wrote to the carpark and they removed all the bars.

Poor design or not.

I still see vans as large as Toyota highace parked comfortably in MSCPs.

I don't see them reversing into these low overhang structures that is unique to the rows of lots in the middle.

Why? Because they are smart enough to know that with their high rear ends, sure hit the overhang structure one... So they cleverly choose lots that are along the outer row.

Problem solved (or avoided).

There are 2 types of lots in each mscp. Nobody point a gun at the lady to die die park her car in a lot that has low overhang.

As @chowyunfatt always says, "cannot swim don't blame the swimming trunk too tight" :D

If you have paid attention, you will notice those outer rows are painted red for season parking. If one is driving MPV or van and is in for hourly parking, then he will have a problem. This is common for nearly all MSCP, i dont understand why the HDB scholars have no brain to foresee the problem.

Of course that lady driver was not careful enough to check her roof when reversing.

Usually the Mscp I been to.... The lower levels confirm red lots... The middle level will have a section where either row will be red or white. The upper levels confirm will be fully white. I know because I like to park nearly to the highest level so that no idiots will ding my car. 

Yes, she did not pay attention.

When I drive my suv to park in carparks I am not familiar with, I will eyeball those overhang structure to gauge if my car rear section will fit. Even if I arhgar will fit, I also reverse SLOWLY and poke my head out to check as I reverse.

In order for the rear glass to shatter.. The woman must have been reversing very quickly.....so much confidence or was distracted by the smudged makeup she saw in the rear view mirror while reversing. 

If you have paid attention, you will notice those outer rows are painted red for season parking. If one is driving MPV or van and is in for hourly parking, then he will have a problem. This is common for nearly all MSCP, i dont understand why the HDB scholars have no brain to foresee the problem.
Of course that lady driver was not careful enough to check her roof when reversing.

• Praise 1

There are many people who never parked at HDB MSCP before hor.... So sometimes cannot blame them for being careless. Afterall, only HDB ones have such a superb design!

Supersonic

But reverse cameras normally don't focus upwards.

Ok.

I think I haven't really drove a big MPV or SUV into such MSCP before.

But I think I kena one case with my previous Fit before.

Reversed because of cash card gantry problems, and end up reversing into a lorry's protruding wing mirror. Reverse sensors didn't even sound anything behind.

Luckily it's only a small scratch on the rear window.

I dun think we should blame HDB for that, to me is the driver kayu, the onus is always on us driver when parking our car, we choose where (inner/outer row) and how (head in/out/parallel) to park our car.

Logic should dictate if we r parking in a new environment, extra care should be taken to prevent incident such as this to happen, in this case, the overhanging bars are clearly visible, so i assume the driver nvr assess much n just blindly gostan into the lot and suffer the consequences.

Dun always blame others for disappointing u, blame urself for wanting too much from them.

Supersonic

I dun think we should blame HDB for that, to me is the driver kayu, the onus is always on us driver when parking our car, we choose where (inner/outer row) and how (head in/out/parallel) to park our car.

Logic should dictate if we r parking in a new environment, extra care should be taken to prevent incident such as this to happen, in this case, the overhanging bars are clearly visible, so i assume the driver nvr assess much n just blindly gostan into the lot and suffer the consequences.

Dun always blame others for disappointing u, blame urself for wanting too much from them.

we should blame HDB for not catering to large trucks and buses for parking in MSCP

Supersonic

In order for the rear glass to shatter.. The woman must have been reversing very quickly.....so much confidence or was distracted by the smudged makeup she saw in the rear view mirror while reversing. 

Distracted or disturbed?  :XD:

NEW-1-6-Batman-Joker-Hair-transplant-Hea

we should blame HDB for not catering to large trucks and buses for parking in MSCP

The car involved belongs to a resident. I don't think she was  reversing fast. I don't know whether she was distracted by any other elements or not.

When driving a hatch car, have to be careful when parking. Last time when i rented one hatch car, when i parked also knocked onto a metal pole behind the lot, lucky rear glass never cracked.

I'm driving hatch. Once I parked at a old Keat Hong HDB carpark. After parked and matched my side mirror with a sedan, I realised the top of the car boot only 1cm away from the metal pole.

Reverse camera and sensor also couldn't sense as the pole is high. They did paint it a bright red color but still a stupid design. From then on I learn to double check while parking.

It took years and many shattered rear screen before hdb decided to act and wrap reflective strip on or painted the protruding bar.Even signs were put up to caution drivers.

If that is not an indication of a stupid and flawed design, I don't know what is.

• Praise 5

It took years and many shattered rear screen before hdb decided to act and wrap reflective strip on or painted the protruding bar.Even signs were put up to caution drivers.

If that is not an indication of a stupid and flawed design, I don't know what is.

Exactly, but some people don't feel the same, maybe it is due to non blame culture?
↡ Advertisement