Freak Car Accident

2BDriver

the last 2 person who fell from the bridge, one of the victim was the driver herself.

Yesterday whatapps this piece of news and video to my only daughter for her Advance Driving Safety Educational lesson, she replied with just one word, "Scary" !

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

See woman driver (or anyone reversing), stay far far! Especially auto cars.....

My daughter already obtained her DL more then 2 years, I am still coaching her in the driving, she seem okay with me but I am still not confident in her emergency re-actions yet.

• Praise 5

Freak Fatal Accident - Crane drops 209 tonnes steel box onto busy road

Behind schedule, workers were trying to hang a steel box girder for the Taichung rail line without fencing off the area below or rerouting traffic.

The girder fell 12 meters to the ground, a female driver was killed along with several other construction workers.

There were 4 deaths and 4 injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbd2dVVpMYA

• Praise 5

My daughter already obtained her DL more then 2 years, I am still coaching her in the driving, she seem okay with me but I am still not confident in her emergency re-actions yet.

Bro 2BDriver, you are a caring father n likely patient man cos my daughter also got her DL few years back and unfortunately she doesn't like it when I constantly pass her tips whilst driving. Maybe my timing of remarks needs to be re-looked as I come across as a nag, so must learn from you!!!

• Praise 8

(edited)

China have all kinds of accidents

Bro Penknife,

Good Morning, it happened in Taiwan ROC, the ran away child of PRC China.

This particular freak accident warn everybody to avoid lifting object in the air, let me tells you about another one fatal accident happened in Singapore Thomson Road "Toa Payoh Flyover" nearby the old police academy right before my pair of eyes.

In 1970's, I studied in Thomson Secondary School, classmates asked me to join them to walk to Balestier Road for our late lunch, while I am about 150 meters before reaching to passby the under construction Toa Payoh Flyover, one super huge concrete pillar lifted into the air dropped, it landed on a hawker stall instantly killed the poor lone hawker on the spot, this drink stall is the usual meeting place where we use to wait for late comers after finishing school.

Damn lucky with my classmate too, 3 of them waited for me at the "old folks home" bus stop due to my timing of release was early, if not they and myself already became saints flying around Singapore.

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 4

(edited)

Bro 2BDriver, you are a caring father n likely patient man cos my daughter also got her DL few years back and unfortunately she doesn't like it when I constantly pass her tips whilst driving. Maybe my timing of remarks needs to be re-looked as I come across as a nag, so must learn from you!!!

It is natural instinct for loving father or a kind mentor who are serious enough to make sure love one safety while they are all alone driving, try to explain to them that driving a vehicle is similarly using a "mass destructive weapon", it kills others as well as ownself and other innocent, if driving skills is not good and ready to do so on their own.

My wife is always around when daughter drive us to NUS, she always console her by saying "严 师 出 高 徒,strict master teaches skilful student", both agreed with me it is not a joke to get involve in traffic accident, that ill fate is unpredictable but all road users needs extra precautionary and good skill for another joyful day of driving.

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 6

Turbocharged

See woman driver (or anyone reversing), stay far far! Especially auto cars.....

My wife did a similar thing 2 months after she got her lic. lucky there was no one behind. just that 2 of my neighbours cars were damage by her and that time, I was in the US. told her to leave a note on my neigbhours cars and claim our insurance....... [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

Bro Penknife,

This particular freak accident warn everybody to avoid lifting object in the air, let me tells you about another one fatal accident happened in Singapore Thomson Road "Toa Payoh Flyover" nearby the old police academy right before my pair of eyes.

In 1970's, I studied in Thomson Secondary School, classmates asked me to join them to walk to Balestier Road for our late lunch, while I am about 150 meters before reaching to passby the under construction Toa Payoh Flyover, one super huge concrete pillar lifted into the air dropped, it landed on a hawker stall instantly killed the poor lone hawker on the spot, this drink stall is the usual meeting place where we use to wait for late comers after finishing school.

Damn lucky with my classmate too, 3 of them waited for me at the "old folks home" bus stop due to my timing of release was early, if not they and myself already became saints flying around Singapore.

that's pretty scary. luckily there hasn't been any major accident recently

• Praise 2

that's pretty scary. luckily there hasn't been any major accident recently

Actually there is. As recent as 4 to 5 years ago when Yishun area got lift upgrading, a prefab unit landed on a parked car and completely flatten it. Fortunately no injury or death.

• Praise 1

Wah cannot +5 you twice but thanks for sharing the story, really hits home man.

Bro Penknife,

• Praise 3