How good is Marbella MX5 Car camera?

SCChia

Lucky bought the camera at low price.. Really had to take out to use after a while... Got fined for parking in the correct parking lot.

Had to use it as evidence for HDB.. Lucky the camera comes with auto motion sensor.. Super good..

Did you connect the camera to the car battery or another battery pack?

Wanted to buy this camera as well but worry it will drain the car battery if going overseas to work and no one is around to start the car engine.

↡ Advertisement

Did you connect the camera to the car battery or another battery pack?

Wanted to buy this camera as well but worry it will drain the car battery if going overseas to work and no one is around to start the car engine.

I connected the camera directly to the car battery.

But I will disconnect it every time I'm going overseas so should be ok.

Supercharged

Just bought one at the Comex. The video quality is good for it's price. Night quality is not bad too.

Bro Fcw75. How is your MX6 so far after almost 9 months of usage ?

Supercharged

For Loop Recording , what is the best setting? 1 , 5 , 10 mins?

use the 1 min setting.

for the 5 mins wan, in the transitioning min between two files, the pics will be garbled.

so far, for the 1 mins setting, dun have this issue.

also, remember to use the 1080p setting.

i made a mistake and used the VGA settings. the only clear pics i got is when the car is stationary~! <_<

Hypersonic

Bro Fcw75. How is your MX6 so far after almost 9 months of usage ?

Hi bro, it's still working. Sometimes just have to format the card that's it.

Supercharged

Hi bro, it's still working. Sometimes just have to format the card that's it.

Thanks!

How do you know the card needs to be formatted ?

How is the battery life if you leave in on motion detection mode overnight ?

Hypersonic

Thanks!

How do you know the card needs to be formatted ?

How is the battery life if you leave in on motion detection mode overnight ?

When I realized that the camera is not recording...haha. Format the card then ok liao.

Not sure about motion detection as I just plug it into the socket.

The battery won't last even overnight even if u leave the camera in motion detection, unless wired to the car battery. Overall it is a no frills camera. Have been using it for 6 months.

When I realized that the camera is not recording...haha. Format the card then ok liao.

Not sure about motion detection as I just plug it into the socket.

I also face this problem when my camera stops recording. The red light just stops blinking for no reason. Any idea why this is happening?

I also face this problem when my camera stops recording. The red light just stops blinking for no reason. Any idea why this is happening?

Never encountered that before. Suggest u bring back to authorised dealer if it is under warranty.

i also faced this problem. Went down 2 times to repair! Then 3rd time, they still want to "repair". Have to bang table then they change one new one for me. Now it's working okay.

I wouldn't recommend this camera.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

No idea but I format the card then it work again.

Hi guys! Marbella is selling their DVR at the IT fair this week, i just realised that today is the last day left for the IT fair!

So to any guys who are interested to take a look, today is the last chance. I'm going down for a look too, hope to see some MCF bros there as well.

No idea but I format the card then it work again.

Can I ask how often do you need to do this "reformatting" of the SD card to get the device working again? I saw the Marbella MX6 going for $189 today. Is this considered a good price? TIA!

The formatting problem is a problem in every china car cam i used , including DOD . Basically it has a problem with the way the memory cache is processed . you repair 99 times also no use , i wont recommend marbella

• Praise 1

Supercharged

The formatting problem is a problem in every china car cam i used , including DOD . Basically it has a problem with the way the memory cache is processed . you repair 99 times also no use , i wont recommend marbella

How about Korean made cam ?

Was deciding between a MX5 and MX6 sometime back but choose MX6 due to its Full HD and clearer recording during the night.

To all the car camera users, may I know what is the type of microSD card a car camera should use? I am thinking to buy a bigger capacity microSD card for my MX6. From what I gathered, there is at least 3 type (TLC, MLC & SLC). Any bro care to advise? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement