2014 Mercedes CLA

Carbon82

Went to test CLA180 Sooting brake, GLA180... both kns.... sorry Merc, BMW makes better overall cars at the same price range. We really wanted to like the SB/GLA, but the drive really really ruined it. Engine was surprisingly unrefined, even the 1.6 in our 9 year old 116i is a smoother powerplant. Engine noise in the GLA was jarring and the ride for a car with so much suspension travel was surprisingly stiff. 

SB is the better car but still, didn't get the "OMG i want to buy this car" feeling, 

So good ah you all overtrade, the SE we had only give 5k overtrade...   

You spoilt by BMW drive!! As they say once you drive one, everything else seems lousy. 

For Japs cars, Honda used to be the benchmark but I'm not sure now.

I guess have to balance against other aspects of the SB/GLA as drive whilst important is not the be all and end all of buying a car, just my opinion.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

(edited)

You spoilt by BMW drive!! As they say once you drive one, everything else seems lousy. 

For Japs cars, Honda used to be the benchmark but I'm not sure now.

I guess have to balance against other aspects of the SB/GLA as drive whilst important is not the be all and end all of buying a car, just my opinion.

i thought Mercs were supposed to be comfy!?!    Really wanted to try other brands other than BMW cos everyone calling me and my gf BMW fanboy/girl

But imo, BMW has really moved the game on.  TBH i don't care how so many think Merc interior "looks" better, BMWs might look similar looking dashboards, but they have their ergonomics/usability spot on. Pity, we really love how the exterior of the GLA/CLA SB. Wld hav spec-ed a black black GLA.

Edited by Mockngbrd

Heard the CLA going for $146k? after an almost $20k overtrade? True??

Friend interested, thank you for your updates!!

I dun think there are $20K overtrade. Its the actual overtrade plus service credit and some freebies added up to $20K.

I can recommend my SE if you need.

Supercharged

I dun think there are $20K overtrade. Its the actual overtrade plus service credit and some freebies added up to $20K.

You gotten your new ride yet?

What did you choose in the end.

Supercharged

I haven collect my ride yet. What do you mean choose what?

I meant which car cos you were considering so many.

Supercharged

hahaha,, CLA180

Good choice.

The new C coupe is really chio though................. Took so long to appear.

• Praise 1

hahaha,, CLA180

Bro, finally you committed to it....kekeke. :a-happy:

Congrats!!!

CLA good lah, but frankly abit tight for the head room, especially for taller folks. [:p]

My CLA200, OC driving it and loves it. Her boss also RED eye...hehehe :D But she boh chap, says hubby buys without her knowing.

Congrats on your purchase and tks for the offer on SE, will let my friend know, cheers and keep us informed of your new ride!!

• Praise 3

Bro, finally you committed to it....kekeke. :a-happy:

Congrats!!!

CLA good lah, but frankly abit tight for the head room, especially for taller folks. [:p]

My CLA200, OC driving it and loves it. Her boss also RED eye...hehehe :D But she boh chap, says hubby buys without her knowing.

Tks Bro!

Yes the rear room really small. No choice, I dun like the design of the shooting brake so bear with it. Except for weekends, most of the time I am driving alone.

Tks Bro!

Yes the rear room really small. No choice, I dun like the design of the shooting brake so bear with it. Except for weekends, most of the time I am driving alone.

It's a nice car at a reasonable price with a premium badge so cant ask for more I guess [thumbsup]

• Praise 4

Hi Guys,

Recently i just got my new CLA 180

However, i realise that there is a buzzing sound coming from my dashboard when i was driving

I have sent the car back to my SA to check , however i was told that the sound is due to the run flat tires and it is the characteristic.

Anyone can confirm on this?

It is quite annoying to get the buzzing sound when driving

Regards

Hi Badtzboy,

Congrats to your new ride! [:)]

What is the brand and model of your RFT?

I don't think RFT gives buzzing sound from the dashboard. Did C&C's mechanic give u that technical view? I think you may wish to check with them again that your case is unusual and should be rectified.

Best Regards

It's a nice car at a reasonable price with a premium badge so cant ask for more I guess [thumbsup]

porky macan also a nice at reasonable price with prestige. hahah

Hi Guys,

Recently i just got my new CLA 180

However, i realise that there is a buzzing sound coming from my dashboard when i was driving

I have sent the car back to my SA to check , however i was told that the sound is due to the run flat tires and it is the characteristic.

Anyone can confirm on this?

It is quite annoying to get the buzzing sound when driving

Regards

sound is very subjective. any SA will tell u they cant hear or is like that one. my E door closing i feel got like loose spring sound but they say dont have and a bit of sound sure have because the dangling design of the lock.. all the bull story... so what i am try to say is sound is very subjective to individual unless u have to make it very obvious. try to see if gets worst. btw all the A platform i feel that is noisy one

• Praise 1

porky macan also a nice at reasonable price with prestige. hahah

Macan made Porsche more affordable but it's still close to $300k!! Whereas CLA is half the price and when you think of Civic 1.5T selling at $130k, Benz esp this CLA became much more palatable to most buyers who will feel that this 3 pointed star is not so out of reach anymore [thumbsup]   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4