Hit n Run - Lexus at Wdlands Ave 12

Mllcg

Look like last minute emergency brake to cut in but hit road divider at the right and lost control bang the truck. :wacko:

↡ Advertisement

N is Night mode? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Funniest BMW Auto complaint you'll ever hear

D N R modes....

thats some f--ked up s--t right there. either that, or driver will claim he didnt hear the accident since the lexus interior is noise free :P

It was a tree branch.

woah!!! buang left, buang right, still can run away!!! now thats GTA power!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Actually can still speed off straight after that also not easy... :o :o

Wasted cannot get the subbie's license plate number.

else can check with subbie, who may have a camera and better view of the whole incident.

unless the video bao toh him and lexus chap is racing.

Juz wondering any update if the driver is caught. Saw a video on fb stating his plate number already. Video uploaded by the lorry's camera.

Just remembered, My Altis have this 2 hooks to hold the driver mat..i always thought it was stupid cause it scratched me a few times...until the the accelerator got stuck under the mat..WHILE I WAS DRIVING ON THE HIGH WAY!!!!! So one hand drive, one hand tugging the mat to release the accelerator. Quite scary if it happens for the first timer. Suddenly the car red line and your foot if off the accelerator.

Lucky I was alert enough because it happened before at a MSCP...at that time i panicked and pull handbrake, step brake and the car still moving forward (engine revving quite hard). Only realize when i step on accelerator and found that it is already depressed.

Altis Lexus same problem?

wat u encountered was a common problem reported years ago in USA....try google search for "toyota acceleration floor mat" [;)]

I got a shock watching this video because my volume was quite loud :blink:

The lexus driver must be driving his father's car and very young [mad]

Hope he gets the full punishment plus suspend his licence

Turbocharged

Hope newspaper will do a follow-up report on this case, especially what has the TP found so far. Got video, got car number.

Shocking, just continue to drive away. No guts to stop?

Just remembered, My Altis have this 2 hooks to hold the driver mat..i always thought it was stupid cause it scratched me a few times...until the the accelerator got stuck under the mat..WHILE I WAS DRIVING ON THE HIGH WAY!!!!! So one hand drive, one hand tugging the mat to release the accelerator. Quite scary if it happens for the first timer. Suddenly the car red line and your foot if off the accelerator.

Lucky I was alert enough because it happened before at a MSCP...at that time i panicked and pull handbrake, step brake and the car still moving forward (engine revving quite hard). Only realize when i step on accelerator and found that it is already depressed.

Altis Lexus same problem?

even so. hit liao wont run away. if stuck . laggar liaoz. still will eventually stop right?

Hope newspaper will do a follow-up report on this case, especially what has the TP found so far. Got video, got car number.

Shocking, just continue to drive away. No guts to stop?

Mayb thinking can escape frm being claim? But he forgot 1 thing. In car cameras r a norm nowadays. I even saw a taxi inside put 4 cameras. Front n back. And 1 on each side of windscreen capturing left n right side. So the lexus driver, be wiser n try other loophole coz whole singapore saw the irresponsibilities

Your friend's car is small car? Small car, driving slowly, the Lexus chiongster must have not seen your friend crawling on the exit ramp. In any case, he is dead meat when the police receive this.

No lah. That corner can b tricky if u not familiar. I think e Lexus driver overestimated his driving skills n took it a bit too fast.

That road is 2 lane wil merge to 1 lane b4 join the SLE.

I see the lexus lost control n I think he was too fast for his abality.

Disagree ts friend did the right thing to check if lexus stopped at expess way

Also not safe to stop on the entry ramp. Drive further into the eway n can stop along the breakdown lane safer.

Woodlands Avenue 12 is a haven for reckless drivers.

Most part of Woodlands Ave 12 is straight and many will tend to drive well above the speed limit, and yes I have encountered cars(Lorries and Motorcycles too)

travelling above the legal speed limit turning into the ramp at the very last micro second and forcing me to take evasive action.

One of the ramps is a potential death zone, towards the end of the ramp coming out of SLE (heading towards CTE) there is a traffic light to allow pedestrians to cross. I have encountered cars travelling at very high speed down that ramp and whooshing pass the traffic light without any reaction and so far all of them are

lucky that nothing serious have happen.

That exit ramp into Ave 12 has a amber flashing light b4 the traffic light pedestrian crossing to warn motorists to slow down if the light is red.

Last time no amber light was quite dangerous.

↡ Advertisement