How often do you pump air for tyres?

Quantum

How offen do you pump air for tyres?  

356 members have voted

1. 1. How offen do you pump air for tyres?

• weekly
    • weekly to monthly
    • monthly
    • monthly to half year
    • more than half year

Ok. Just remembered, I only pump once a month for the other car which I don't drive often.

Is it recommended to pump as regularly as I do? Tyre will overstretch boh? :ph34r:

I don't think tyre will have any problem.

I'm more worried the air-valve (moving part) would wear out quicker and small leak occur. Hopefully the valve caps can minimise such leaks.....

Supersonic

currently every 3 months..tires on nitrogen..pressures did not drop much

Me too. Once a quarter cuz on nitrogen. Went back once after 2 months, pressure did not drop at all. So now I stretch it to 3 months.

Turbocharged

If I see the air pump free, I usually try to pump every month. Every time pump will sort of reset the monthly practice.

Twincharged

Tried to pump once every 2 months but noticed that the pressure never drop at all so now trying once every 3 months. If I change to nitrogen I guess can pump once every 6 months?

Neutral Newbie

Lesser frequency compared to pumping holes

Back track, eg pumped 230, next trip u pluck in air hose notice initial reading

Eg first tyre shows 190 then gng up to 230

If out of the 4, all show 190 but got one reading is 115 eg

This tyre cfm got leak Liao

Never pump at all. Service my car every 6 months. presume they will check air pressure for me. Initially, I check my air pressure every month, then increase to 2 months, 3 months, later never check. Note: I still do visual check regularly.

My experience on my previous car also the same. With good tyres and rims, do not to need pump at all. I use normal air.

Never pump at all. Service my car every 6 months. presume they will check air pressure for me. Initially, I check my air pressure every month, then increase to 2 months, 3 months, later never check. Note: I still do visual check regularly.

My experience on my previous car also the same. With good tyres and rims, do not to need pump at all. I use normal air.

visual check is not reliable....i got a fren who didnt check at all n did wat u did, i.e. rely on the servicing ppl to pump....guess wat, one fine day, 1 of the tyres juz went flat....no nail or anything tat pierce the tyre....it juz went flat becos the air pressure wasnt enough to support the total weight....

i think minimum is to pump air every 3 months (assuming normal air, not nitrogen)....anything longer than 3 months, u r pushing ur luck [cool]

Neutral Newbie

everytime want go to m'sia :D

btw can share which petrol station have good facility to pump air?

some of them is out of order.

some of them is faulty like, never beep/ ring after few second pump air.

I think this really depends on the car, the tyres, and whether you pump nitrogen, so the frequency can really vary...

To avoid wasting time, I guess the best option would be to install a TPMS. But some (myself included), don't like additional electronics if they can be avoided.

So I guess it would be good to know how fast your tyres typically lose air. Mine loses less than 5% over 5 weeks, and that's the interval I choose to top up air. I got my own foot pump (from michelin) so I can pump my tyres at my own time and don't have to worry about queueing at the petrol station...

metal valve and on nitrogen. pump once a month now. drops from 240 to 230. at times if no fetch ppl den no drop at all

Hypersonic

actually tyre pressure low can feel one mah.

I know when mine are below 200.

I try to pump every 1.5mths. lol driver side usually lose faster

↡ Advertisement