Help - problem with fan relay after changing compressor

Imamiah

Hi guys, I have the following problem. Anyone happen to be able advise?

I'm driving a 06 colt plus. Recently changed aircon coil and compressor. After that, noticed that my fan (only 1 fan in colt) relay clicks on/off loudly when the compressor cuts in/out. The weird thing is, my fan is already on whenever the aircon is on. I had gone back to the workshop and they told me its like that. Before this, I had never heard the fan relay click so loudly and feequently.

Has any bros encountered this? is it possible that there's a wiring problem?

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, I have the following problem. Anyone happen to be able advise?

I'm driving a 06 colt plus. Recently changed aircon coil and compressor. After that, noticed that my fan (only 1 fan in colt) relay clicks on/off loudly when the compressor cuts in/out. The weird thing is, my fan is already on whenever the aircon is on. I had gone back to the workshop and they told me its like that. Before this, I had never heard the fan relay click so loudly and feequently.

Has any bros encountered this? is it possible that there's a wiring problem?

I dun quite ustand what u trying to say?????

(edited)

This fan is also the radiator fan ? If so the fan should be on most of the time.

The cliking sound is definetly from the compressor magnetic clutch and not from your relay.

Edited by Yeobh

It's normal for fan to run whenever aircon is On, the sound probably from the compressor whenever it cuts In and Out.

It's normal for fan to run whenever aircon is On, the sound probably from the compressor whenever it cuts In and Out.

Hi guys, yes there's only one fan and the fan is also the radiator fan. I had checked my fuse box and relays. Had managed to identify it's the fan relay clicking (tell u its damn loud loh).

Yup, the fan is running whenever the aircon is on. So the weird thing is the aircon compressor is keep on trying to 'click' the fan relay. Thats' the weird part :(

go back and bang table... they got no brain to tell u it's normal when u said it's damn loud? tell them to find u a car wif relay clicking so loud lor...

(edited)

It is the magnetic clutch that engage and disengage whenever the a/c compressor starts operating that produce the clicking sound. The fan itself do not produce clicking sound.

Edited by Watwheels

It is the magnetic clutch that engage and disengage whenever the a/c compressor starts operating that produce the clicking sound. The fan itself do not produce clicking sound.

The magnetic clutch is outside leh. The clicking is from a relay in my fuse box which is in the car behind my glove compartment.

I managed to isolate the clicking sound by taking out the relay one by one and found that the clicking was from the relay with 'fan' logo.

↡ Advertisement