President scholar tio charged!

Little_prince

Scholars have certain level of IQ not to expose themselves to the risk of being caught, either by not committing the offence in the first place or covering their tracks smartly. Something is fishy...... [:)]

↡ Advertisement

President's Scholar charged with false entries in SAF documents to have case re-tried

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...have-case-re-tr

By Ian Poh

A 28-year-old army captain, who was charged with making false entries in an official document, will have his case re-tried after a military appeals court quashed his conviction.

Sherwayn Tan, 28, had been fined $2,000 for falsely indicating he had used a Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) facility to train soldiers under him, and another unrelated charge. He also received a letter of discharge from the Defence Ministry (Mindef) following his guilty plea in a Subordinate Military Court last July.

But on Monday, a five-man Military Court of Appeal unanimously decided that that the conviction be set aside following an appeal by the infantry officer, who is also a President's Scholar.

Tan holds an Economics degree from the London School of Economics. It is understood the SAF scholar, who enlisted for military service in 2004 and had a clean disciplinary record prior to the offences, is nearing the end of his six-year bond.

I think his career might already got condamm in SAF! most properly his attitude as President Scholar very hard to rank got stuck. all President or even SAF scholar I know at age 28 min already Major!!!!! Cpt very common rank in SAF leh.....

FYI do you guys know if a superior dun promote President or SAF scholar, they need to write report to justify why!!!! that why scholar all got express career unless really cannot make it if not superior sure promote them

I think his career might already got condamm in SAF! most properly his attitude as President Scholar very hard to rank got stuck. all President or even SAF scholar I know at age 28 min already Major!!!!! Cpt very common rank in SAF leh.....

FYI do you guys know if a superior dun promote President or SAF scholar, they need to write report to justify why!!!! that why scholar all got express career unless really cannot make it if not superior sure promote them

very true. for a president scholar he should have been a major already [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

The famous LTC Perry Tan from GDS is LTC at 29 years old leh. I seriously think this Sherwayn buay gan. [laugh]

President's Scholar charged with false entries in SAF documents to have case re-tried

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...have-case-re-tr

By Ian Poh

A 28-year-old army captain, who was charged with making false entries in an official document, will have his case re-tried after a military appeals court quashed his conviction.

Sherwayn Tan, 28, had been fined $2,000 for falsely indicating he had used a Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) facility to train soldiers under him, and another unrelated charge. He also received a letter of discharge from the Defence Ministry (Mindef) following his guilty plea in a Subordinate Military Court last July.

But on Monday, a five-man Military Court of Appeal unanimously decided that that the conviction be set aside following an appeal by the infantry officer, who is also a President's Scholar.

Tan holds an Economics degree from the London School of Economics. It is understood the SAF scholar, who enlisted for military service in 2004 and had a clean disciplinary record prior to the offences, is nearing the end of his six-year bond.

(edited)

The famous LTC Perry Tan from GDS is LTC at 29 years old leh. I seriously think this Sherwayn buay gan. [laugh]

who is perry tan?

sorry i suagu [laugh]

i only know LHL 31 yr old already BG. hahahaha

Edited by Little_prince

Neutral Newbie

Yes, agreed

President see collar with a degree in econ should be a major now. Then maybe as NSmen, he become Lieu Colonel liao.

Anyway, I think the govt are trying hard to filter out see collars, would not want to end up with sex for grade or sex for contract by top former see collars in the news again.

Supercharged

hmmmm...... an up and coming high flyer ended his carreer because of "making false entries" .... [:(]

other high flyers able to enjoy bj before losing carreer.... :ph34r:

It's all about integrity problem. they are supposed to show example to their staff and men.

Maybe he got exposed by some WO or encik, during my NS time those non-commissioned and commissioned officer always do not see things eye-to-eye. If he is a SSG, MSG or WO, sure someone will cover his backside

Probably low in EQ and offended people he worked with. No reason why he is still a Captain at his age, especially with that scholarship. It appears to be a very insignificant offence that would be usually covered up.

Most probably ratted on by someone he offended.

Probably low in EQ and offended people he worked with. No reason why he is still a Captain at his age, especially with that scholarship. It appears to be a very insignificant offence that would be usually covered up.

Most probably ratted on by someone he offended.

More or less. That organisation is not what most ppl think it is. Once in a while gotta check yr back see got blood or not.

Cuz sometimes kena stab oso dunno.

(edited)

who is perry tan?

sorry i suagu [laugh]

i only know LHL 31 yr old already BG. hahahaha

that's perry lim lah,my CO during 1 GDS 11th intake.super fast high flyer but still not as fast as the famous BG HL LEE. [laugh]

don't be surprised to see him in next GE.

Edited by Chinablue

last time i got a incharge 30 or 31 got 3 crab liao

he came out private after that iirc

his initial WAC

SAF scholar fights dismissal, wins battle in court

By Breakfast Network

On 9 July 2013 At 11:58 AM

Category : Bites from MSM

Tags : military court, Mindef, President's Scholar, SAD

Responses : Comments are off for this post

Related Posts

The doctor is at the doctor

last time i got a incharge 30 or 31 got 3 crab liao

he came out private after that iirc

his initial WAC

SAF scholar fights dismissal, wins battle in court

By Breakfast Network

On 9 July 2013 At 11:58 AM

Category : Bites from MSM

Tags : military court, Mindef, President's Scholar, SAD

Responses : Comments are off for this post

Related Posts

The doctor is at the doctor

ST standard drop below what was used to be bad. With so many info missing they can still publish it.

SAF should do a thorough investigation together with CPIB and expose these officers. See whether these scholars are giving oral to each other to get benefits. :D

↡ Advertisement