Which 2nd hand car dealer is good?

CamholicX

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for all the reccs.

I'm looking to sell my car, and so all your advice are really good since I'm doing research before I head to the car dealers on the weekend.

Anyone else has a good experience with car dealers when you sold your car?

Instead of car dealers, where can i find direct owner 2nd hand car sales?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Please do not go to SG Auto Pte Ltd. Bought a second hand car from them, transfer of car ownership not done till more than 3 weeks.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

SG Auto sibei sibei "famous" and yet you still go there?

That's what happen when I only did research on the things to check for second hand cars and not on the reputation of the company that i went to. This is call ganna bite then learn my lesson. Really an experience that one will not appreciate going through so fellow friends out there please take note k.
Edited by Francisphx
  • Praise 1

Good honest encounters with Citicar International/shine connect both same boss at west coast carmart.

I was served by Serene from Citicar international from west coast car mart, the car buying process is greatly commendable.

I collected car and I found a transmission fault gear box jammed. Immediately called back the dealer and they are so apologetic and refer me to Bukit Merah lane Accord auto services workshop Ah Soon, which later informed need to overhaul gearbox. Serene immediately offer me two options

1) to refund 100% of my money or

2) allow the workshop to overhaul immediately.

I personally checked with Ah Soon, he told me this dealer is “Lao Zhao Pai,” the boss say overhaul means do it type fully type, man of honour and no monkey business.

With Ah Soon assurance, I decided to repair. Indeed, no problem with the car thereafter.

cost of this overhaul is nearly 3k.

The boss of this west coast car dealer say repaired. And I am curious so I ask Ah Soon the Mechanic he told me this dealer not the 1st time lost money to repair for clients, very honest and steady old company brand.

As for this west coast car mart dealer with good honest dealing, hence sharing of the good encounters with them.

• Praise 5

I also have some nice experience with them.

Good honest encounters with Citicar International/shine connect both same boss at west coast carmart.

I was served by Serene from Citicar international from west coast car mart, the car buying process is greatly commendable.

I collected car and I found a transmission fault gear box jammed. Immediately called back the dealer and they are so apologetic and refer me to Bukit Merah lane Accord auto services workshop Ah Soon, which later informed need to overhaul gearbox. Serene immediately offer me two options

I personally checked with Ah Soon, he told me this dealer is “Lao Zhao Pai,” the boss say overhaul means do it type fully type, man of honour and no monkey business.

With Ah Soon assurance, I decided to repair. Indeed, no problem with the car thereafter.

The boss of this west coast car dealer say repaired. And I am curious so I ask Ah Soon the Mechanic he told me this dealer not the 1st time lost money to repair for clients, very honest and steady old company brand.

As for this west coast car mart dealer with good honest dealing, hence sharing of the good encounters with them.

• Praise 2

I agree with the previous speaker. You know my main mistake was to buy a used car without an inspection. I had so much trouble with my Honda Accord so in the end I decided to get rid it. Next time I will definitely ask VINZ mechanic to help me with a car inspection. Don't make my mistakes.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Many thanks for sharing and glad your problems were sorted out well in the end

Got a car from them some years ago

They were responsive to the problems and negotiable for the repairs

Every call to Serene was returned promptly

• Praise 7

(edited)

This Serene chio or not? Or MILF?

Anyway, I’m asking on behalf of someone..TIA

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 3

There seems to be fewer cars at West Coast Car Mart recently and some shops are empty.

Is there a renovation or something going on?

I once bought a 2nd hand CS5 from Hallmark Auto in Turf City Car Mall.

Before purchase, went for test drive and checks (the engine bay seemed super clean, we shld have know there were leaks hence it was cleaned. It was our 1st purchase). Everything seemed fine that day.

However on collection day, we supposed to collect the car at 8pm after closing, they mentioned that ownership not yet transferred despite us making full payments. Ended up the car was only collected at 12am, and the dealer who handed the car to us was boosting the turbo nonstop when he drove to us.

1 week into driving, the car had issues that couldnt activate the turbo, keep jamming and car "died off" on its own at idling. Sent it to their "partner workshop" Bee's performance in Boon Lay area, they ran diagnosis and say it's injector dirty issue. Changed it and charged us, then gave us back the car.

Another week later, same issues happened, they say it's ignition issue, say to change spark plug and ignition connector. We start to feel that these people dont know what they are doing, hence we sent it to our own workshop in Jurong. They found out that it was a fuel pump issue and have to change it to fix the issue. Tried to claim repairs back from them, end up was futile cos the Small Claims Court said Lemon Law only covers main parts like Engine, Gear Box, Alternators. The rest is considered Wear & Tear.

Long story short, always bring to your own workshop and make sure they fix every single major issues before they hand the car over to you. To be fair, you also cant expect the car to be in brand new condition lah. Small wear and Tear parts like Gaskets or Spark plugs are cheap in JB lah, so just get them replaced yourself in JB lor.

Bad experience with the 2 workshop and dealers, just be aware lo.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a 10 year old car from Creative Auto... anyone has bought their cars fr them before?

Heard many horror stories fr dealer so I just want to be a bit more cautious. 

I would be asking them to send for at least STA inspection, if they dun allow AA inspection.  Not sure how much will the inspection help to ensure the car is in good condition, but i think at least better than nothing?  Cos i'm a first time buyer, nvr own a car before...

And may i know roughly how long the process take fr the time you pay the deposit?  Roughly how many days does it take for the car to transfer to me?

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1