Need career advice

Moneysucker

I am 33 this year as well. Imho, at our age, be honest with thyself. If i think i can make more $$ else where, i would try my best to go. Afterall, if don't change at this age, it will be too late in a few years. If not, think the mid tier job market is not that rosy. Best to stick it out since you like your current colleagues.. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

U shld work at yattokame's co.

35, 2nd job, not much pay increase from last job and yet can afford to drive a S300. [sweatdrop]

Wonder he got lobang for me oso ornot?...... [laugh]

When evaluating job offers, I ask myself

will I be too busy to surf MCF?

If the answer is is Yes, I reject immediately

even if the pay is better.

Money isn't everything in life.

:D

Supersonic

eh....that sounds like radx. [:p]

Priorities set right!

Money isn't everything. A complete, enriching and meaningful life is. [thumbsup]

Rem this

U join bcos of the co

U leave cos of the boss

All places the sane. It is the boss tt makes ur life easy or not.

Money aside if I had a high paying job but horrible boss u will leave ultimately

But a gd boss that will support n look after yur concerns money cannot buy

A happy working environment and job satisfaction, salary scale not the top priority.

that can be said when you have reached a comfortable level of pay..... 8K, 10K, 15 K or more.....depends on individual.

Learning new things is over-rated. Getting bad bosses and colleagues is far worse.

Better to keep good bosses and colleagues and sacrifice learning new things.

I have been learning new things for many years and you know what it got me?

Extra work! After I learn the new things, they make me do the new things and also

the old things! Double the work but no double the pay.

sounds sooo familiar LOL. but im abit better, coz after all the shyt cleared, i need to "give others some chances to perform" when back then no one stand out to volunteer the shyty job. come to think of it, i have lesser work now, which is a good thing~~~~

Hi guys,

Need some advice.

I am 33 this year and have been working in my current company (4th coy since graduation) for 6 years already.

Now, i am losing motivation and interest in my work.

I have no problems with my bosses or colleagues, pay and benefits are alright.

The problem is i were to change job, my salary is going to be roughly the same. Maybe only slightly more. This is because i am already getting the industry market rate.

The pro is that i will get to learn new things. The con is i may get bad bossess and colleagues

What would you do?

Largely depends on your financial commitments. If you ahve heavy commitments, they changing your job might cause instability if you cannot fit in to the new culture. Think about it.

If you're still single, debt free and commitment free, I say go ahead, work makes up a large portion in your life, it will be damn sad to drag your feet to work everyday.

Supersonic

Nb no wonder body itchy

Must be u

u itchy coz porker rabba u wif MIC oil n u neber wash off. [:p][laugh]

U shld work at yattokame's co.

35, 2nd job, not much pay increase from last job and yet can afford to drive a S300. [sweatdrop]

Wonder he got lobang for me oso ornot?...... [laugh]

I did wonder about this as well, what's yattokame's profession? [laugh]

sounds sooo familiar LOL. but im abit better, coz after all the shyt cleared, i need to "give others some chances to perform" when back then no one stand out to volunteer the shyty job. come to think of it, i have lesser work now, which is a good thing~~~~

Yes yes I think its called delegation or expanding the jobscope of subordinates or something nice sounding.

But I learnt instead of clearing the shyt and then passing the job down to other staff

its better to just pass the shytty jobs to other staff in the first place.

All the staff we have these days are educated thinking professionals with high motivation and initiative so

why take all the fun out of the joib before passing on to them?

Supersonic

On a serious note, since TS is young, he shld go out and broaden his industry knowledge & experience. Good boss, bad boss we've had them all n treat it as life lessons on how u should or should not treat staff when u get to that position one day.

Dun so early become contented and later comprain and blame gahmen la, blame FT la, blame this n that la when others have moved ahead or FT has more valuable experience.

Supersonic

I did wonder about this as well, what's yattokame's profession? [laugh]

that means technically, his first job pay oredi can afford a S300. power sia! [thumbsup]

that means technically, his first job pay oredi can afford a S300. power sia! [thumbsup]

IIRC he was an educator, anyhow, you're right. Power! [nod]

↡ Advertisement