Need career advice

Moneysucker

when i interview candidates....i look at how often they change jobs/companies....normally i would ask them questions on such matters.....

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

it seem u r getting saturated with your current job- where no zeal or motivation to do anything more- which is in a state of decline- best advice to look around for other company or scope as u r still young as u have nothing to lose- as no venture no gain to experience other thing.

at 33 yrs old u have a long way to go- assume u retire at 55 yrs old another 20 more years of working life it is best to find something that u enjoy rather than monetary reward. have a balance work life style and enjoy your search.

Good or bad boss or working environment is something your luck- nothing is permanent even if u have it now-thing can still change. if u want to hang around your current job- then u better change yourself- to find way to enrich yourself with other things. No job can sustain u for long unless you enjoy doing it. hope this will help u to decide wat u want to do.

Rem this

U join bcos of the co

U leave cos of the boss

All places the sane. It is the boss tt makes ur life easy or not.

Money aside if I had a high paying job but horrible boss u will leave ultimately

But a gd boss that will support n look after yur concerns money cannot buy

haha v true, if increment alot, but meet a boss that u everyday see liao will sian one, lagi worst..lol

current boss used to be v good to me, until recently he recruited his old colleague, for no reason this guy go poke me..knn sit in office also his problem wana tell boss..boss told me go wayang abit, dont let pple find reasons to poke me..still taught me how to do and siam..lol

(edited)

Yes yes I think its called delegation or expanding the jobscope of subordinates or something nice sounding.

But I learnt instead of clearing the shyt and then passing the job down to other staff

its better to just pass the shytty jobs to other staff in the first place.

All the staff we have these days are educated thinking professionals with high motivation (on big pay cheque only) and initiative (to ask for increment only) so

why take all the fun out of the joib before passing on to them?

:D

Edited by JaydenSTI

(edited)

thought retirement age at 65 ?

the retirement age in my current company had raised to 67 last year, those lao jiao damn happy with that announcement last year. when i talk about lao jiao, i refer to those with >25 years of service.....

Edited by JaydenSTI

when i interview candidates....i look at how often they change jobs/companies....normally i would ask them questions on such matters.....

But in this day and age, if you're still looking for candidates who will stay long term, I think it is wishful thinking.

Look at those who are smart enough to overcome any steep learning curve and can start contributing in the shortest time possible. I'd rather take someone whom I know I will eventually lose but possess the ability and mental strength to deliver his or her best while still with the company.

Just look at many of the old timer lao zabors champion administrators (ie inflated paycheques, s--t-slinging, little contribution, etc), you will get what I mean.

U shld work at yattokame's co.

35, 2nd job, not much pay increase from last job and yet can afford to drive a S300. [sweatdrop]

Wonder he got lobang for me oso ornot?...... [laugh]

happen to be lucky with my sidelines lah :)

But in this day and age, if you're still looking for candidates who will stay long term, I think it is wishful thinking.

can stay for 1 year is kam ching, 2 years is bonus, 3 years is godsent [laugh] [laugh]

When evaluating job offers, I ask myself

will I be too busy to surf MCF?

If the answer is is Yes, I reject immediately

even if the pay is better.

Money isn't everything in life.

[thumbsup] Correct priorities in life..

Job environment to me is v important

31 and current is my 6

Its good to have colleagues that feel like home feel kind rather than after 5pm,all bo chup each others lol

This kind of environment hard to find,must cherish if have lol

(edited)

Its that how to do an interview?

I thought just hire the young good looking females.

If no experience can always teach.

If job hop a lot is good cos they want to find somewhere

they can excel and not just settle for any company.

I can always find the right justification to hire syt chio bu.

Lets make this world a fairer place and give youth and

females the opportunities they deserve.

I think this is called affirmative action.

Edited by Jamesc

Its that how to do an interview?

I thought just hire the young good looking females.

If no experience can always teach.

If job hop a lot is good cos they want to find somewhere

they can excel and not just settle for any company.

I can always find the right justification to hire syt chio bu.

Lets make this world a fairer place and give youth and

females the opportunities they deserve.

I think this is called affirmative action.

Would you rather hire an SYT who not as capable, or maybe a normal girl or guy who is capable?

Or just hire the capable guy/gal, and use the profits to bao sugarbaby?

Would you rather hire an SYT who not as capable, or maybe a normal girl or guy who is capable?

Or just hire the capable guy/gal, and use the profits to bao sugarbaby?

Option 1. Hire an SYT who not as capable - sounds good as its not my company, I just work here.

Option 2. A normal girl or guy who is capable - no way!

Option 3. Or just hire the capable guy/gal and use the profits to bao sugarbaby - Good thinking! I like the idea

but wife won't like the idea and company won't like the idea for me to use the extra profits to bao sugarbaby.

I like your lateral thinking! I wish I can do that, I can only think horizontally. Its not as good!

Turbocharged

figure out what motivates you.

I've seen peers who regularly get bored and demotivated every year or so; and change jobs. A decade and a half later, the same is still happening and then the problem would seem to be more with the chap than the companies that he had joined over the years.

Supersonic

I have noticed even many people nowadays like to change jobs often, in the end these people still able to secure a job without fail. So i guess employers still doesnt mind whether the person hop job every 2-3 years, the employer more particular how the person talks during the interview.

Supersonic

No one looks for experience in different companies,

if not then job hoppers will be the most sort after employees.

What companies look for is experience in the job scope

and experience in what you have accomplished.

If you have better offers then you can weigh the offers and then

make a decision.

Some of my colleagues say they want to move but no one has made them

an offer so they cannot move.

Very sad when you want to move on, go for interview and yet no one make an job offer to you. Tehn you will continue to stay years after years in your current company. [:(]

Option 1. Hire an SYT who not as capable - sounds good as its not my company, I just work here.

Option 2. A normal girl or guy who is capable - no way!

Option 3. Or just hire the capable guy/gal and use the profits to bao sugarbaby - Good thinking! I like the idea

but wife won't like the idea and company won't like the idea for me to use the extra profits to bao sugarbaby.

I like your lateral thinking! I wish I can do that, I can only think horizontally. Its not as good!

Haha, of course, if it's not your company, choose option 1.

But it doesn't guarantee you any.. goodies.. Just extra eye candy to look at.

Or option 4, outsource profitable projects to me, we split 50/50, your share I use to treat you to a sugarbaby.. Everybody wins! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement