Fewer off-peak cars, but offences hit new high!

Darthrevan

14468303e.jpg

The number of off-peak car (OPC) offences soared to a new high last year even as the population of red-plate cars continues to dwindle.

According to the Land Transport Authority (LTA), there were about 23,160 offences last year, nearly twice the number in 2011 and about 19 times more than in 2009.

An LTA spokesman attributed the spike to a more effective enforcement regime under the e-Day licence system, introduced in November 2009.

Previously, OPC owners had to buy a paper permit and display it on the car's windscreen before driving.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...w-high-20130714

-----------------------------------

lesser OPC on the road..but 19 times more offences! this is uniquely Sinkapor [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

maybe they can also "electronically" detect if your car starts moving without purchasing a valid e-license [cool]

Skynet is now online! :ph34r:

Hypersonic

There's no smoke without fire. If opc owners never cheat, the accusation by people here would not have happened.

On top of that, I also noticed that some OPC drivers speeding more than 110km/h and dangerous driving in the morning especially 15 mins before 7am. [rifle]

If they know the OPC rules, they should have planned their timing accurately instead of putting some other's life in danger while on the road. :angry:

Twincharged

maybe they can also "electronically" detect if your car starts moving without purchasing a valid e-license [cool]

Our I.U. do the job of tracking.

will this become OPC bashing thread again?

Most likely.

But i wouldn't give it much thought about it. I don't cheat on my eday license so i have nothing to be sensitive about.

will this become OPC bashing thread again?

i have no comments but i can safely say in my own heart........bloody deserve it

do the crime, pay the fine.....else seek help for dementia

please don't blame opc -_- just human to conveniently forget that all....like 8 times out of 10 :ph34r:

orrgh...u blame dementia....all the oldies with dementia gonna come look for you....if they can remember [laugh] [laugh]

There's no smoke without fire. If opc owners never cheat, the accusation by people here would not have happened.

so it seems bro but some obstinate clowns who are in self deception never seem to look in the morrir and realise <_< <_<

Most likely.

But i wouldn't give it much thought about it. I don't cheat on my eday license so i have nothing to be sensitive about.

that's the way bro...if your conscience clear, why hoot wat ppl saying

only those with insecurities within them would come here hoot and defend like defending the death star

pls lah.....

I used to be an OPC car owner for 3 years, but then in the 3 years of ownership I had forgotten to buy the e-license only once. My daughter had suddenly turned ill and so had to be hospitalised and it totally slipped my mind to buy the license.

When I remembered about the e-license, I sent an email to LTA and they let me pay the 20$ backdated and warned me against further "dementia"...I have since sold the car, moved out of SG .

Thinking back about it, I think OPC was a good scheme for people like me to own a car - people who travel frequently overseas and car was only needed during the weekends and in the evenings when I was around in SG.

↡ Advertisement