Datsun's back!!!

Mockngbrd

(edited)

But..... for emerging markets..

Each car will be individually developed for, and largely produced in, its own market. India is first with the sub-usd$7,000 car, but the brand will soon spread to Indonesia, Russia, South Africa and other places where people suddenly have the money to buy a car

995703_10151453321132101_1741223838_n.jpg

i wish they didn't use the Datsun name...

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement

Datsun 120Y, my learn driving and test car [:)] [:)]

Haha.. u must be at least 40 YO!

That car was slow, clunky, and heavy! But I also learn in that car.. [:p]

Each car will be individually developed for, and largely produced in, its own market. India is first with the sub-usd$7,000 car, but the brand will soon spread to Indonesia, Russia, South Africa and other places where people suddenly have the money to buy a car

But why must ty use the Datsun name? Cant ty use Nissan like the rest of the world?

Or issit Datsun is the poor mans Nissan for cars made under license in 3rd world countries? [:/]

The poster girl very sian only got sponsored car worth peanuts [laugh] [laugh]

Supersonic
(edited)

Haha.. u must be at least 40 YO!

That car was slow, clunky, and heavy! But I also learn in that car.. [:p]

Using Datsun 120Y to learn driving, dont think age is at least 40 year old, should be more than that?! [laugh]

I though current nissan is from datsun? [:/]

Edited by 13177

This revamped Datsun brand will go head on with Dacia (The budget brand of Renault in Europe market). I personally think this Datsun Go (based on the latest facelift Nissan March/ Micra) with the latest 1.2L engine does actually look better than the Nissan March. This Datsun Go looks really like a typical Japanese kei car, and less of a budget car for emerging markets per say.

Not bad!!!

Using Datsun 120Y to learn driving, dont think age is at least 40 year old, should be more than that?! [laugh]

I also learned using 120Y and just past 40 yrs old......... [:p]

I thought those who are in the 40s mostly learned in a grey Honda Civic? (=Bt Batok driving school)

Datsun 120Y, my learn driving and test car [:)] [:)]

yeah, me also learn driving in a 120Y. Quite nice to drive actually

Our 1st family car was 100A FII. No aircon, need to wipe windscreen when it rained. [sweatdrop]

Supersonic

I thought those who are in the 40s mostly learned in a grey Honda Civic? (=Bt Batok driving school)

Maybe depends whether you are early 40s or late 40s?! [:p] Early 40s should be civic la.

Maybe depends whether you are early 40s or late 40s?! [:p] Early 40s should be civic la.

Actually there were several choices then...corolla, starlet, 120Y even civic IIRC. SSDC didn't exist then...no such thing as basic theory or advanced theory or circuit. Just pay $1 take Highway Code and when pass straight away learn driving on the roads. My sis even better, after passing parking test but fail overall driving test...subsequent tests don't need to retake parking.

yeah, me also learn driving in a 120Y. Quite nice to drive actually

Our 1st family car was 100A FII. No aircon, need to wipe windscreen when it rained. [sweatdrop]

Can install air con in FII which I did in the 80s. Cost 700 bucks and I still remember [:p]

Can install air con in FII which I did in the 80s. Cost 700 bucks and I still remember [:p]

That's right! We didn't install aircon 'cos the car was super underpowered.

↡ Advertisement