Tighter checks on carpark wardens promised by HDB

Will_I_Am

that one not a problem since most season lots have a timing 7am to 7pm for public parking only.

unless you work from home, else come back from work sure should have plenty of space to park

then hor, I also notice many like to park near to the lift.

so no matter how high they park, can take lift up down no need to walk [laugh]

Woodlands Blk 500 pruss the gangway is from the carpark 5th level to the adjoining block 5the level! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

There are 4 types of public carpark users :

1. Swee swee put coupons according to the duration required.

2. Swe swee put $0.50 coupon and hope for the best.

3. Swee swee dun put coupon and hope for the best.

4. Swee swee neber bought coupon booklet throughout one's lifetime [:p]

U forgot 1 more..fold parking coupon tab..1 coupon can reuse for years.

(edited)

U forgot 1 more..fold parking coupon tab..1 coupon can reuse for years.

My bad...how could I hv forgotten abt that one...I good boy la, dun do such thing :ph34r:

Edited by Toothiewabbit

My bad...how could I hv forgetten that one...I good boy la, dun do such thing :ph34r:

one more...put extra, like insurance then when drive off, pass to next fella coming in. Made many fren this way...hahahaha

one more...put extra, like insurance then when drive off, pass to next fella coming in. Made many fren this way...hahahaha

And the world becomes a happier place [thumbsup]

And the world becomes a happier place [thumbsup]

and i noticed those who actually do the same are those van drivers, dispatch fellas courier, etc......yes! what goes round comes round [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

and i noticed those who actually do the same are those van drivers, dispatch fellas courier, etc......yes! what goes round comes round [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Agree, these guys have more "heart" than the common folks [flowerface]

• Praise 1

(edited)

can summon officers summon those who steal water from under the hdb block taps to wash their car?

there's this father and son like to steal water from the tap beneath the hdb block opp my block and washing their vehicle.what irks the residents here is this father is an idiot who would sometimes stand at a empty lot and 'reserve' it when his son is coming back and he likes to SLOWLY park his mini bus van when there is vehicles waiting behind him purposely to delay others time.

what is the number to call and report them for stealing the water under hdb block?

Edited by Member69

this type must complaint...make sure they get jialat jialat...this type are selfish and inconsiderate....cheapos

can summon officers summon those who steal water from under the hdb block taps to wash their car?

there's this father and son like to steal water from the tap beneath the hdb block opp my block and washing their vehicle.what irks the residents here is this father is an idiot who would sometimes stand at a empty lot and 'reserve' it when his son is coming back and he likes to SLOWLY park his mini bus van when there is vehicles waiting behind him purposely to delay others time.

what is the number to call and report them for stealing the water under hdb block?

(edited)

aiyo... my reply very relax liao lo. u 2 1st day know me izzit?

speaking of mu, when was the last time i saw u ben? lol

thambi, u need fluids and fluids i give it shall be. when har?

Sure thing brother, put time put place and I'll bring my face shield and handkerchief. Hahaha. [laugh]

But make sure the gang joins us. Otherwise Porker will get jealous if it's just the two of us exchanging fluids. :D

Edited by Turboflat4

Neutral Newbie

use ur brain la. wat he is implying is dat there are alot of non season parking ticket holders parked in the season lot.

he is asking for the parking wardens to come and summon these ppl as a deterrent for holding up the lots meant for the season parking ticket holders.

wana be sacastic also cannot get ur facts right 1st. lousy

bro.. cheers man... at least u understand what i am typing unlike him.....

anyway.. although i am pissed that people are parking in red lots... every dog has his days.. someday.. they will get fined...BUT i am super pissed that the bloody carpark warden come and tap his device on the sign board and leave! WTF?! then he might as well don't come.. bloody RAMKY vendor.. don't even bother do his bloody job...

All right guys ... party's confirmed over. Better put your coupons diligently from now on. [sweatdrop]

Escaped parking fine? Thank the warden

Thursday, Jul 18, 2013

Naqiyah Shapudin

The New Paper

SINGAPORE - When you do not use the right amount of parking coupons and find that you have not been fined, do not thank your lucky stars.

Thank the parking wardens.

The Auditor-General's Office (AGO) found that patrolling officers for both the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and the HDB were not performing all their scheduled patrols.

Both hire third-party service providers. In HDB's case, there was no record of patrols being carried out for 664 of 7,086 scheduled patrols.

The AGO conducted surprise checks at 88 carparks under HDB.

It found that there were five instances where patrolling officers pretended to have patrolled sites without actually having done so.

They keyed in the carpark numbers for sites that they were required to patrol, without being present at the sites.

There were also instances where patrolling officers did not check all vehicles in the carparks like they were supposed to.

The report stated that HDB had six carpark enforcement contracts totalling $37.24 million.

It also revealed that URA's surprise field audits on the contractor showed high absenteeism rates.

Patrolling officers were absent from scheduled patrols at an alarmingly high rate of 70 to 80 per cent, since 2010.

Despite this, URA extended their contract with the service provider twice, from August 2011 to last January, at a cost of $4.90 million.

Drivers are happy

Response from drivers was, understandably, tongue-in-cheek.

Property agent Ricky Ko, 31, who gets two parking summons on average each month, said: "This news is good for us drivers. I'm happy because if they don't patrol, that means there's less chance of getting summons, and us drivers don't have to worry so much."

A spokesman for HDB said: "...We will further strengthen the monitoring mechanism for our service providers' (SP) performance standards.

"In addition, we will take action to impose liquidated damages on the SPs for their lack of compliance..."

He said HDB will also be introducing electronic parking system at more carparks to minimise the need for manual checks.

A spokesman for URA said some of the absenteeism could be attributed to patrolling officers being delayed because they were engaged with motorists or had strayed to other carparks under their charge.

He said:"...Patrolling officers were usually not 'absent' from the job per se, but rather did not turn up punctually at their assigned carparks..."

He added that the Electronic Handy Terminal System - the hand-held terminal used to issue fines - will be programmed to alert patrolling officers to prevent them from accidentally straying to other carparks.

URA will also introduce electronic parking at more carparks.

Supersonic

My carpark always have stupid drivers parked at wash bay, then to wash car I have to drive to another more ulu carpark. <_<

You should call up the parking warden to come summon these cars?! [rolleyes]

Supersonic

If you want to report those people who steal water, you should call up the town council hotline.

Yesterday super unlucky.

Parked my car at the washing bay after work and went up to change and bring down the pails.

All in all about 15 min.

Come back tio abang summon. Seems like he didn't wait and issued immediately.

Tried to explain to the abang but he told me call HDB to appeal.

Anyone has success appealing? If not $50 gone for nothing. No mood to wash..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1