Selling way above Recommended retail price

Hosaybo

Just like to ask foryour take on shops selling stuff (electronic goods etc way above the RRP).

Have come across a few shops especially in home reno....eg lightings, fans etc

Maybe bros here can share some of the cases that you have encountered.

↡ Advertisement

Just like to ask foryour take on shops selling stuff (electronic goods etc way above the RRP).

take ? don't buy lor if you know the RRP. In most cases actually SP lower than RRP. If kenna ketok, can only blame oneself for not shopping around.

Most lighting shop prices i know is not fixed.. because they have to factor in commission to the ID. Also overall stock.. Not every model can sell.. so they will need to "markup" , "markdown" to move the inventories and cover for cost of these that cannot sell.

Bro.. these items not on consignment leh unlike glassess..

aniway, always look ard before buying.. The same item may cost 1/2 in another shop..

Try to buy from lighting shop that have fixed price policy ,if you are so worry kena con.

I never kana but my mil. Old people dunno the mkt. These people really all out to cheat old people.

(edited)

If you are talking about buying lights/furniture etc for reno, let me give you a tip which I found out during my shoppong for my house last year.

My wife was asking about a lamp and was quoted $X. Then I asked the shop owner again about the same lamp, the shop owner said to my wife something along the line: "Oh, both of you are together? I thought he was your ID." The price is then $X - the commission intended for the ID.

The shop owner said, it's a practice which they have. If ID came along with the purchaser, the price will be higher cos they have to factor in commission for the ID.

So the tip is, shop yourself, not with your ID.

Edited by Sg2303

Turbocharged

You are paying for the service lar...... can buy yourself.... but if the stuff got problem... you got to settle yourself with the shop, dont expect the ID to settle for you cause the fella never earn any commision..... but if ID is involved, anything wrong the ID got to settle the problem for you..... so depend whether you got time to do all this yourself.....

(edited)

That shouldn't the the case. ID usually get discount off the regular price.

think you been conn..

it quite a known fact that if ID comes with client.. the prices factors in id comm.

Good ID earn your comm.. and settle everything for you.. including , timing the delivery with the progress of the reno, waiting at new house and collect the items, return defect ones for you... So i guess it's worth the extra..

if you really really dun want to be carrot.. you can try this shop..

http://www.lightings.com.sg/

The prices is quite transparent. :) i bought frm them last yr.

Edited by ShepherdPie

just buy yourself. Unless u got some major theme going on that you want your ID to approve before you buying.

Definitely got markup if u go shop with ID.

But if you buy with ID will settle everything from delivery, defect checking, RMA etc.

think you been conn..

it quite a known fact that if ID comes with client.. the prices factors in id comm.

Good ID earn your comm.. and settle everything for you.. including , timing the delivery with the progress of the reno, waiting at new house and collect the items, return defect ones for you... So i guess it's worth the extra..

Some ID can get you certain discounts for certain items from wholesalers or distributors.

But in general not many items will fall into that category.

BLUM systems i think got.

(edited)

Some ID can get you certain discounts for certain items from wholesalers or distributors.

But in general not many items will fall into that category.

BLUM systems i think got.

normally, that's when the item RRP has high margin..

the RRP already incl the disc to be given to "saleperson". For Blum, i think probably work with a quota system like tiles providers.. the company hit a certain target.. the company get a comm.. which in turn is shared with the ID...

Aiya, if no comm.. ID where go so good ? even agent will swing you to buy when there is higher comm lor..

these company will not sell walk-in cheaper because of price protection. They will rather go on promo with ID companies to bring in larger volumes.

Edited by ShepherdPie

sorry to hijack this thread

since its a so call reno thread

anyone knows where to get replacement for door and door frame

both my toilet door frame rust till the the metal is brittle

and one of them cannot even close due to the wall expanding inward the door frame

both doors are made of wood

forget about asking hdb as its already 10 years

anyone knows the whole replacement cost how much and where?

TIA

I never kana but my mil. Old people dunno the mkt. These people really all out to cheat old people.

How about labour for installation? Got lay extra wire? Sometimes they anyhow just write one lum sum on the invoice. Dun just look at the item price tag alone for these things that require services.

They buy what you request also they have to spent time & transport to go get what your MIL wants.

Talk is cheap lah. You the great son in law why never do everything nicely for her? If you are capable dan you do it otherwise pay others to do it. Why comprain ex or being ripped off?

and one of them cannot even close due to the wall expanding inward the door frame

TIA

Best get a reno contractor to do it for you.

If really die die want to know, dan greenbook website is your best bet to find commercial stuff. Call up and ask once you have narrow down your search.

Ppl think it's easy but actual fact it's not.

No one forcing you with a gun to buy wor....if you did the homework and know the retail price....wonder why one even bother to go to that shop..

TIA

try pd door?since only for toilet (non-essential)

try pd door?since only for toilet (non-essential)

my pd door spoil after 1 mth.. because the latch on top is easily broken..ID complained to the vendor.. Vendor say if spoil , they will repair but only within warranty period. *shuck*...

Dont use pd door.. the vendor is super struck-up.

↡ Advertisement