KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

I already have google map in my phone.  When I connect my iPhone to the motrex, I can only mirror my apple map.  Is it possible to mirror google map onto motrex screen?

Can you select the maps when you are connected to AA? Its the first button on the left bottom on screen....

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

I am using iPhone but I would like to use google map rather than the map from apple.  Is it possible to use google map on motrex?

Hi , iphone can only use apple map , to use google maps u'll hv to jailbreak it.

As u know , iphone beri selfish de. All 3rd party apps cannot be use.

Time to change to an andriod phone , heehee.

Just collected my SX Sports last week and am happily driving the car and "testing" the new features.

For those that are on the same model, can anyone advise how the Paddle Shift works? Is there a hard dependency on the speed before you can manually change the gear up?

I've tried it on both the paddle shift and the Geartronic box, but the gears appear to move up on it's own, ignoring what I try to do. Can only downshift the gear successfully.

Just collected my SX Sports last week and am happily driving the car and "testing" the new features.

For those that are on the same model, can anyone advise how the Paddle Shift works? Is there a hard dependency on the speed before you can manually change the gear up?

I've tried it on both the paddle shift and the Geartronic box, but the gears appear to move up on it's own, ignoring what I try to do. Can only downshift the gear successfully.

Hi , on the steering , left is (-) downshift  , right (+) is upshift.

Normally its used when u want more thrust/faster pickup.

1. press (-) once to downshift 1 gear , accerlerate till 3.5k ~4k rpm then press (+)

2. continue with (+) till u hv reached 6th gear

This is the most user friendly since your hands are on the steering wheel.

Likewise u can use the gear stick:

1. push stick toward u(driver side) to activate manual shifting

2. push down (-) to downshift , accerlerate till u songsong then upshift (+)

hi guys, 

going to get my SX end of this month. going buy accessories and would like to seek opinions:

1) got the rikecool premier 28 - do you think i need further magnetic shade if just for sunlight and heat blocking purpose.

2) for car mat, considering customized spider car mat (quoted 330), heard can provide more noise insulation, anyone try this? else might consider using normal 3M carmat.

3) for carpark, given the choice HDB open car park (spend additional money for ceramic coating) and multi storey car park(pay more each month), same distance far from my house, any good suggestions?  i can do biweekly washing but still hope to be lazier..but dont like car looks too dirty.

thank for your advice.

Hi , on the steering , left is (-) downshift , right (+) is upshift.

Normally its used when u want more thrust/faster pickup.

1. press (-) once to downshift 1 gear , accerlerate till 3.5k ~4k rpm then press (+)

2. continue with (+) till u hv reached 6th gear

This is the most user friendly since your hands are on the steering wheel.

Likewise u can use the gear stick:

1. push stick toward u(driver side) to activate manual shifting

2. push down (-) to downshift , accerlerate till u songsong then upshift (+)

Thanks...

That's what I was trying to fiddle around with.

I find that after I shift down, I'm not able to shift back up. The car shift up on it's own, then it automatically takes over after a while...

So wondering if it's the expected behavior.

Thanks...

I find that after I shift down, I'm not able to shift back up. The car shift up on it's own, then it automatically takes over after a while...

Something must be wrong , mine won't upshift unless i do it.

Get it check at CnC then.

• Praise 1

hi guys, 

going to get my SX end of this month. going buy accessories and would like to seek opinions:

1) got the rikecool premier 28 - do you think i need further magnetic shade if just for sunlight and heat blocking purpose.

2) for car mat, considering customized spider car mat (quoted 330), heard can provide more noise insulation, anyone try this? else might consider using normal 3M carmat.

3) for carpark, given the choice HDB open car park (spend additional money for ceramic coating) and multi storey car park(pay more each month), same distance far from my house, any good suggestions?  i can do biweekly washing but still hope to be lazier..but dont like car looks too dirty.

thank for your advice.

I'll park sheltered anytime anyday even if it means paying more. If you care about your car looks... you would want to shelter it away from the sun and rain yeah?

• Praise 1

Thanks...

Yes it's normal...if after you downshift and within few seconds...if you do anything the ECU will take over. This is a safety features. You have to change before the ECU take over. I'm using it everyday...no problem.

I'll park sheltered anytime anyday even if it means paying more. If you care about your car looks... you would want to shelter it away from the sun and rain yeah?

ok thank!

i can imagine those car owners pain .. either let it rot (bo chap) or spend to keep it looks fresh lol

• Praise 1

I don't use my car much.

Less than 3000km in 14 months.

I park in MSCP and the car gets very dirty/dusty.

Drove around on Jan 1 in very heavy rain and the car got cleaned very nicely.

When I used to park in HDB open car park the car was seldom dirty.

I don't use my car much.

3000km in 14months!?

Wow! That’s really low.

Hope yours is a red plate.

I thought about 10k a year is already considered low. National Average is about 16k a year.

hi guys,

3) for carpark, given the choice HDB open car park (spend additional money for ceramic coating) and multi storey car park(pay more each month), same distance far from my house, any good suggestions? i can do biweekly washing but still hope to be lazier..but dont like car looks too dirty.

thank for your advice.

You first time car owner?

Think most people would appreciate sheltered car park, even if you dun bother about Car exterior - rain, leaves, bird shit.

Going out in the afternoon, Car won’t be like oven. And try getting to Car in open carpark when it rains - carry brolly, open car door, quickly get in, close brolly. Damn sian one.

• Praise 1

Thanks...

You are rev limited... there's a rev band where you're allowed to shift up and down as you wish... but outside that you can't to preserve the gearbox... this is still a fully automatic car, there's no clutch to sacrifice when you downshift or upshift aggressively... the torque converter will be damaged irreversibly if there's no such measure... remember it's not a true manual...

I agree to sheltered even if means paying more. Reasons:

- tired of cleaning dried birdsh*t and marks of fruits dropping from trees

- very hot interior when parked under afternoon sun even with windshield sunshade. Not good for electronics including dashcam units

- most MSCP have carwash points

Not all MSCPs are made the same. Some have really narrow widths such that turning to go up/down could risk brushing corner bumper against wall. Avoid these MSCPs.

If choose open carpark, avoid underneath the trees. Though has shade, risk getting bukkake by angry birds.

Price difference between open air and sheltered carpark not much savings. Sheltered is better as it is more convenient when raining. Getting out of car in open air carpark during heavy rain is a big problem, imagine if you went grocery shopping, lagi jialat.

I don't use my car much.

That is really super low mileage. Nor sure if it is a good things cos our car is design to rev. The engine may not be conditioned to perform at its optimum. .....just my opinion.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1