KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

anyone have lobang for good H7 LED for headlamps? those with good fitting/can diy kind?

Bro, pls pm me. I got solution for u..
↡ Advertisement

Dont bother with the 5000k lights bro. Its just white lights with shit throw. Used diamond vision on my previous ride, after a few months change to HID liao.

Go for HIDs or LEDs if you want a white light with good throw.

Come inspection time, would there be any issues? 

How much was it to change to HID? 

Thanks man

Come inspection time, would there be any issues?

How much was it to change to HID?

Thanks man

You run the risk of failing the inspection if you have aftermarket HIDs installed. I changed mine back to stock halogen bulbs since the HIDs are plug and play.

I got mine for 80 bucks from a freelancer, with ballasts and 6 months warranty.

Price depends on the ride and bulb size.

Anyone considering to service at external workshop instead of CnC? CnC $400, Harmony Motor $140...

Never ending debate lah..

Some trust the cnc Service, they know the car very well, inside out, well-trained mechanics, have high tech tools to service and diagnose issues, use genuine parts and oil that exceed specs.

Some would rather go outside. Just routine change engine oil, simple check on brakes and fluids, Korean/Jap car, very common, mechanic would have serviced before and not complicated. Can bring own engine oil, try different premium oils, buy ur own original parts from stockist then pay labor only, can save a lot of money. So no need go cnc.

Whichever camp u belong to, up to you.

With the new requirement that no need service with agent to maintain warranty, maybe more will go outside. But the fine print and conditions still need b careful , in order not to void warranty. Since it’s new, only time will tell.

Personally I think if it’s routine oil change, can do outside. And I low mileage, actually drag till 9-11 months then service once. (For the previous car)

Release some of the inside air by pressing the middle pin on the tire air inlet and holding it for about 7s. Should hear hissing sound as air is released. Then reconnect the hose and inflate to 32 psi(220kPa).

I think if directly connect the hose, it should be able to auto release the air

I am new to this forum, as I booked a K3 SX last month and now awaiting for the next stock to arrive.  My SE cannot confirm till end this week when the new stock arrives.  

Just wanna to ask if anyone can share the experience of the P215-45/R17 87H Nexen tires that come with the SX version.   Cheerio..

I am new to this forum, as I booked a K3 SX last month and now awaiting for the next stock to arrive. My SE cannot confirm till end this week when the new stock arrives.

Just wanna to ask if anyone can share the experience of the P215-45/R17 87H Nexen tires that come with the SX version. Cheerio..

It's a good tires except noisy but bearable. Suggest you use it to know it.

It's a good tires except noisy but bearable. Suggest you use it to know it.

On old roads can hear noise but on new roads really smooth and quiet. If don't like the noise just blast your radio and mp3 to drown all noise out  [thumbsup]

At first thought of changing but turn out noise for me endurable so will use it. Waiting for 5k tire rotation. Will maximize usage b4 changing to Michelin.

Thats the way to go: blast your music and save that money. Dont waste money unnecessarily.

The quest for a "quiet ride" has no end.

Yes...but no.

Don't blast too loud until you suffer momentarily deafness... actually K3 isn't that loud in road noise either...at least better than vios

Neutral Newbie

I'm new, and would like to ask all sifu here about offset for rims.

For rims between 7.5" to 8" wide, what would be the ideal offset so the rims will sit close to flush with the fender lip?

Cheers!

Yes...but no.

Don't blast too loud until you suffer momentarily deafness... actually K3 isn't that loud in road noise either...at least better than vios

I have no experience with Vios but will use it for a while and decide later... 

Honestly speaking, I have not used other tyres but I feel that the stock 16" nexen nblue hd is quite decent. Many people says it is noisy but I feel that it is not that bad. But if on a stretch of old road on the expressway, it can be really loud. But other than that noise level still ok, just need to quickly go pass that stretch or change lanes.. haha..

Other than noise, the performance feels good to me. Grip in the wet is good, gives confidence in wet and cornering at high speed. There is body roll when doing right angle turns or u-turn, not sure if this is because of car or tyres. Unable to comment on e-braking performance. Rolling resistance seems good also. Not sure if FC performance considered good or bad.

That said, when time to change tyres, will be looking to try others. Think most people are the same la like to try something new  [:p] . But then got so many different types!

Did some research (omitted models if not really too many), just a general reference to their more popular models. Still haven't finish researching, tired already.. lol

- michelin (good but expensive)

- bridgestone (good but expensive, heavier also but lasting)

- continental (good and affordable)

- goodyear (good but higher wear)

- yokohama (avoid, bad in wet)

- falken

- kumho (good but noisy)

- hankook

- dunlop

- toyo

p/s: again I have no experience with other tyres, above is just my personal opinion. Appreciate some enlightenment from other bros here.

Edited by Sunnywil

Honestly speaking, I have not used other tyres but I feel that the stock 16" nexen nblue hd is quite decent. Many people says it is noisy but I feel that it is not that bad. But if on a stretch of old road on the expressway, it can be really loud. But other than that noise level still ok, just need to quickly go pass that stretch or change lanes.. haha..

Other than noise, the performance feels good to me. Grip in the wet is good, gives confidence in wet and cornering at high speed. There is body roll when doing right angle turns or u-turn, not sure if this is because of car or tyres. Unable to comment on e-braking performance. Rolling resistance seems good also. Not sure if FC performance considered good or bad.

That said, when time to change tyres, will be looking to try others. Think most people are the same la like to try something new [:p] . But then got so many different types!

Did some research (omitted models if not really too many), just a general reference to their more popular models. Still haven't finish researching, tired already.. lol

- falken

- kumho (good but noisy)

- hankook

- dunlop

- toyo

p/s: again I have no experience with other tyres, above is just my personal opinion. Appreciate some enlightenment from other bros here.

First time I hear someone say Continental tires are affordable... ha ha ha... Continental is a premium brand lar... more expensive than others... also note where your tires are made... affects the price drastically... eg Michelin those not made in France are much cheaper....

That said, when time to change tyres, will be looking to try others. Think most people are the same la like to try something new [:p] . But then got so many different types!

- falken

- kumho (good but noisy)

- hankook

- dunlop

- toyo

Good sharing. So which one you recommend when we need to change our tyres for lowest noise level?

This is my mum’s K3 in Msia... how come her car player screen is much bigger than our mortrex??

Not sure what your mum's K3 HU look like, but below shows a comparison of SX Penang vs SG vs USA. The HU in the Penang's and/or US one may not even be a Motrex. When K3 is delivered to the country, its respective KIA agent(e.g CnC in SG, Naza in M'sia) may install aftermarket items such as HU into their cars before selling to customers. The HU could be another brand other than Motrex. Notice the Penang's one still has a CD/DVD drive slot. US version looks same size as SG. Motrex brand HU also comes in various different models and design.

post-104392-0-43288900-1516454421_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement