New source of FT that you will welcome

Jman888

Instead of PRC and Pinoy, now these companies source their service staff from places like Korea and Taiwan, there is no cap of hiring these people at the moment.

Very soon we will hearing a lot of "欢迎光临!" or "hwangyong-hamnida!" :D :D

Companies explore new places to look for foreign labour

Published on Jul 24, 2013

By Amelia Tan

New foreign labour cuts since July 1 have put even more pressure on firms. In the third of a five-part series, The Straits Times looks at how companies are coping.

ST_20130724_ATNEW24FHE1_3758772e.jpg

Taiwanese service staff Chen Jhen Jie (left) and Chen Yea Ru work at Jumbo Group's steamboat restaurant Jpot. Restaurateurs say Taiwanese are keen to come here because of bleak job prospects at home. -- ST PHOTO: MARK CHEONG

THE squeeze on foreign labour is driving companies to look for, well, more foreign labour.

But instead of pounding the same old ground overseas, restaurant and construction bosses are exploring new territories.

Due to a mix of hiring restrictions and dwindling supply, firms in Singapore have found it necessary, and useful, to recruit workers of different nationalities.

In the food and beverage sector, for instance, the trend in recent months has been to go Taiwanese.

---------------------------------------

RAISING SERVICE STANDARDS

We hope that the workers can learn on the job by watching how the Taiwanese serve with a smile and show this genuine warmth.

- Mr Wei Chan, Restaurant Association of Singapore assistant honorary secretary

----------------------------------------

MORE VIBRANT SECTOR

I could work in a restaurant in Taipei, but I think I can learn more here because the hospitality sector seems more vibrant with the new hotels and integrated resorts.

- Taiwanese waitress Chen Yea Ru, who works at Jumbo Group's steamboat restaurant Jpot

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

i think they are more civilised leh.....

and sweet :wub:

but these groups won't be staying for long, and recruitment placement companies already said these people are here for the exposure of a more 'westernised' environment compare to their country. They probably won't last more than 2 years, some maybe 1 or less.

Who knows some of them are more strawberry and our strawberries! [laugh]

Edited by Jman888

and sweet :wub:

but these groups won't be staying for long, and recruitment placement companies already said these people are here for the exposure of a more 'westernised' environment compare to their country. They probably won't last more than 2 years, some maybe 1 or less.

Who knows some of them are more strawberry and our strawberry! [laugh]

the trick to get them stay is get them pregnant :wub:

Neutral Newbie

I agree, taiwanese customer service is damn good, korean not very sure, depend on which area, Seoul is good but Jeju seriously CMI

Doesn't matter. Having them here would be a welcome change from the current batches of FTs that we have. TWMM FTW!

Supersonic
(edited)

Korea and Taiwan i like. ^_^ But are they planning to bring in korean and taiwan as additional FT and still continue bringing in PRC and Pinoy at the same time? [:/]

Edited by 13177

(edited)

there a saying which i heard, dont know true or not;

it takes 4 persons to cheat a taiwanese, 3 persons to cheat a Hong konger, 2 persons to cheat a china man, 1 person to cheat a singaporean [:p]

this means, the sucking in of foreigners has quietly began again :o

Edited by Staff69

Actually if you realise, this didn't just start recently. I realised that there also has been more Taiwanese flower joints opening up, other than the usual PRC ones. More of things to come? [cool]

Instead of PRC and Pinoy, now these companies source their service staff from places like Korea and Taiwan, there is no cap of hiring these people at the moment.

Very soon we will hearing a lot of "欢迎光临!" or "hwangyong-hamnida!" :D :D

Companies explore new places to look for foreign labour

Published on Jul 24, 2013

By Amelia Tan

New foreign labour cuts since July 1 have put even more pressure on firms. In the third of a five-part series, The Straits Times looks at how companies are coping.

Taiwanese service staff Chen Jhen Jie (left) and Chen Yea Ru work at Jumbo Group's steamboat restaurant Jpot. Restaurateurs say Taiwanese are keen to come here because of bleak job prospects at home. -- ST PHOTO: MARK CHEONG

THE squeeze on foreign labour is driving companies to look for, well, more foreign labour.

But instead of pounding the same old ground overseas, restaurant and construction bosses are exploring new territories.

Due to a mix of hiring restrictions and dwindling supply, firms in Singapore have found it necessary, and useful, to recruit workers of different nationalities.

In the food and beverage sector, for instance, the trend in recent months has been to go Taiwanese.

---------------------------------------

RAISING SERVICE STANDARDS

We hope that the workers can learn on the job by watching how the Taiwanese serve with a smile and show this genuine warmth.

- Mr Wei Chan, Restaurant Association of Singapore assistant honorary secretary

----------------------------------------

MORE VIBRANT SECTOR

I could work in a restaurant in Taipei, but I think I can learn more here because the hospitality sector seems more vibrant with the new hotels and integrated resorts.

- Taiwanese waitress Chen Yea Ru, who works at Jumbo Group's steamboat restaurant Jpot

Wah swee! No nid to deal with PRC and pinoy farkface and attitude...Taiwanese are very courteous. I know because I Navy...always go Taiwan one... [laugh]

Wah somemore got Korean...get some Korean lesbians come and Jamesc will confirm cum one... :D :D

Korea and Taiwan i like. ^_^ But are they planning to bring in korean and taiwan as additional FT and still continue bringing in PRC and Pinoy at the same time? [:/]

Oh yah hor...neber thot of that...Jesus...please let the inflow of PRC and pinoy and ah nehs stop...amen. [angel]

Supersonic

If they still continue bring in the exisiting FT plus open their gate to taiwan and korea, then i guess our foreigners here will continie to soar which is not a good news to locals here. [rolleyes]

yes the alternatives to ATBs...i also luv taiwan mei mei

garmen bring in these taiwan mei mie, i think they will get many votes [:p]

ATBCBJHJ [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement